hard times - kiara

"SO YOU lost them," JJ deadpanned at the officer as he told us what had happened to John B and Sarah, JJ didn't wait for an answer as he snapped, hitting anything in his path as he swore

"SO YOU lost them," JJ deadpanned at the officer as he told us what had happened to John B and Sarah, JJ didn't wait for an answer as he snapped, hitting anything in his path as he swore. y/n freezed at the officers words, they didn't know where he was, her twin brother was gone, leaving a slim to none chance of them actually still being alive. Tears ran down her cheeks as she let a small sob wrack through her body, this can't be real she thought.

Arms wrap around her small shoulders as her girlfriend pulled her to her chest, rubbing her back comfortingly "He's gone," she sobbed into her shirt as Kiara shook her head, tears brimming her own brown eyes "No y/n he'll come back I'm sure of it he's strong," She sniffed her tears away, forcing herself to be strong for her girlfriend. It broke Kiara, seeing the brown haired girl break down in her arms after her second loss over the last year. All she wanted to do was fix everything, she would do anything to make all of her problems go away for her girlfriend.

The storm was strong as the rain fell harshly onto the roof of the small gazebo the police had put up for the search of John B, an accused murderer. All of the Pogues knew he was innocent, the real criminal being Rafe Cameron, a spoilt country club kook. Y/n was angry at Rafe, angry that he had blamed her innocent twin of something so terrible that she knew he would never do, everything was his fault.

"Baby we're gonna go home now okay, you're coming back to mine." Kiara mumbled into her hair, pulling her away slightly to wipe away her tears. Y/n nodded numbly as the four Pogues rushed through the rain and piled into Kiaras jeep.

Y/n sat in the passengers seat watching as the raindrops ran down the window as they drove, the ride was only five minutes tops before she was pulling over, letting JJ and Pope get out at their stop, everyone was tired and upset so they all needed their alone time. The boys waved to the two girl as went their previous ways, leaving the girls alone in the jeep as they pulled away, driving towards figure eight, kook territory where Kiara lived.

The girls pulled over in her driveway, piling out of the car as they made it to the front door. Kiara pushed the door open dragging her girlfriend up the steps as they made their way to her bedroom.

Y/n closed the door behind them breaking down the second it clicked shut. "I can't," she choked out, sitting at the edge of her bed. Kiara cried with her, sitting next to her and laying her head on her shoulder. The girls sobbed together, a mess as they thought about the possible death of their closest friend and twin brother. "I know he's still out there," Kiara mumbled, pulling her girlfriend into a laying position as she cuddled her, holding her in her arms.

Y/ns crying slowed, her eyes no longer leaking with tears as she sniffed wiping at the dry tears on her cheeks. She looked over to her girlfriend, her own hazel eyes boring into her brown ones "I love you," Y/n mumbled reaching up to cup Kiaras face, Kiara smiled as she brushed her girlfriends brown hair out of her face "I love you to," She spoke back softly, leaning in to push a small kiss at her girlfriends soft lips.

the two girls drifted off to sleep, in each others arms as they wrapped their arms protectively over one another, their soft snores filling the room along with the relaxing sound of the rainfall patting against the roof.