8, 19, 21 - rafe

MY BOYFRIEND, Rafe had just left my house talking about some guy he had to meet up with

MY BOYFRIEND, Rafe had just left my house talking about some guy he had to meet up with. He had looked down at his lit up phone screen, running a hand down his face as he sighed at the text message, without tell me anything else other then a "I've gotta go meet up with someone, love you," and a quick peck on the lips he left me, sitting in my room dumbfounded by his abrupt departure.

My overthinking was getting the best of me, my head running wild with thought about his whereabouts, maybe he's cheating on me with the girl from the country club? Or maybe it was just a lame excuse to leave my house. I sighed shaking the thoughts out of my head while placing salted caramel chocolate in my shopping cart. I quickly checked out of the grocery store sending a small smile to the lady at the register as I shuffled to my car and pulling out in the direction of the Cameron's house.

The only vehicles parked in the driveway were Toppers car and Rafes bike. Maybe they're just hanging out and I'm being too clingy. I fought with myself in my own head before huffing and knocking on the door. The door swung open a little too quickly revealing my tall boyfriend. "Hey," I smiled up at him as his eyes darted around the driveway. He didn't reply as he shook his head as if trying to get rid of the thoughts swirling around his head. "Baby, you can't be here," he rushed closing the door behind him and attempting to walk me to my car. I shook my head in confusion getting out of his grip. His eyes didn't meet mine as he anxiously bit his lip. I pulled his face down to me so he would look at me.

His pupils were dilated, he was high. He didn't have the stench of weed reeking off of him so it had be something else. "What did you take," I questioned sternly. He closed his eyes harshly before reopening them "y/n please," I shook my head at him, I knew he wasn't going to give me an answer. I storm back into his house taking the stairs two steps at a time. I push his bedroom door open to topper lining up a white flour like powder on his desk with a credit card. His head whipped towards me as his mouth fell slightly agape, startled by my entry.

Rafe quickly appeared behind me turning me around to look at him. "It's just a one time thing y/n I promise," he rushed tears brimming his eyes "please don't break up with me," he whispered, his hands gripping my shoulders forcing me to face him. I nodded numbly "as long as it's a one time thing, you promise?" I mumble as he quickly nods back "yes, yes, I promise," he speaks as I pull him into a quick hug.

Two weeks had passed and I had chosen to forget about it, it was out of character for the Rafe I knew, sure he'd smoke weed sometimes but doing coke? Unspoken of. He had made it up to me by coming to see me everyday and buying me flowers as he awkwardly stood outside of my window, it was cute how much he was trying to make it up to me. Until this week when he became more distanced, the times I'd see him it was noticeable he had lost a bit of weight and he was more anxious. I had written it off with him just being exhausted, his home life was never perfect as his dad never truly love him, he grew up in a damaged home and I just thought this was apart of his healing.

Until I noticed cash disappearing out of my wallet and my expensive jewelry. At first I thought I had just lost them under my bed or let Sarah borrow them and she simply forgot to return them but when more and more stuff started disappearing it dawned on me that the person who is around me the most might be stealing them. I didn't want to think it was him but all of the red flags in my head were going off, everything pointing to him.

My phone dinged pulling me out of my trance. I scrambled to get it smiling at the notification. It was Rafe asking me to hang out at his. I quickly agreed making my way to his house.

He pulled me into a hug as I entered his bedroom, kissing the top of my head. "I'm gonna go get us some food you stay here," he mumbles into my hair before letting go and walking past me, down stairs. I sigh at his messy room, picking up dirty items of clothing and throwing them into his laundry hamper. I pick up a pair of board shorts, pausing when a plastic bag falls out of the pocket. I drop the shorts picking up the plastic bag. It was full of the same white powder I had seen two weeks ago. Anger pumped through my veins as he entered the room with a bowl of chips clad in his hand. He stopped in his place staring at my hand wide eyed. "You said you stopped," I spoke softly, my voice cracking from disbelief. "I'm trying okay, it's-it's hard," he quickly placed the bowl of chips rushing to me as he tried to pull me in for a hug. I step back away from his touch "have you been stealing my stuff to pay for this." I whisper lifting the zip lock bag up. He runs his hand through his hair staring down at me with guilt "I just needed the mon-" I scoffed cutting him off.

"Why didn't you tell me!" I raised my voice dropping the bag and going to sit on the edge of his bed. "I didn't want you to leave me!" He yelled back moving to stand infront of me. I paused looking up at him, his eyes were red with tears as he stared down at me watching my every move closely as if I was about to get up and leave. "You've changed, Rafe," I state looking down at the carpeted floor. "No, no, I haven't y/n I love you I'll never change," he begs leaning down and placing his hands on my knees "I'll promise I'll stop, I'll get help, just please don't leave me." He adds brushing a fallen hair behind my air. I look up at him frowning, letting the tears brimming my eyes fall freely down my cheeks "please do this for me," I cry as he nods quickly pulling me into an embrace "I'll work this out for you I promise, for us." He whispers rubbing my back comfortingly.