35 - rafe cameron

I HAD WOKEN to an uninvited guess, it was my time of the month and it hit me hard. The cramps killed the most it felt as if my uterus was being squeezed by huge man hands.

Both my mom and my dad had gone out on their boat for a "Saturday cruise," leaving me all alone to fend for myself. My feet padded against the marble stairs as I made my way to the kitchen, I groaned as soon as I opened the fridge. We had no food. Tears started welling in my eyes, I couldn't drive to get food because my car had ran out of gas. I sighed angrily wiping away my tears dramatically.

The sound of the front door opening echoed through the empty house, this is it I'm going to be murdered. Rafe appeared around the corner clad in a yellow polo t-shirt. I sighed, relieved that it wasn't a psycho murderer. He shot me a smile as he dropped his keys on the counter and took a seat at the island. "Are you up for the beach today?" He questions wiping the sweat from his forehead.

The tears started brimming my eyes again as I felt guilty for not being able to go with him to the beach, sure I could just suck it up and put a tampon in but it was my first day and I felt like crap. He looked up, eyes locking with mine as his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion "baby, are you okay what's wrong?" He spoke softly standing up from his seat and making his way over to me. His arms wrapped around my shoulders as he gave me a comforting hug.

"I'm sorry I'm on my period," I laughed as I tried wiping my tears "I just feel like crap, and I'm hungry and we don't have any food because we haven't gone shopping and my car doesn't have gas so I can't go get any food and now you're here and you want to go to the beach but I just feel super sick and-" I trailed off

"You finished?" he laughed looking down at me with a knowing smirk. I roll my eyes playfully nodding. "How about you stay here, while I go get us food and then we can cuddle and watch movies or whatever you do when you're on your period." He smiles making his way back to the place he left his keys. I nodded thankfully "you're the best," I mumble. He shoots me a wink before making his way back out the front door.

I quickly ran upstairs searching through Netflix, settling on a random movie.

Fifteen minutes later Rafe enters my bedroom and dumps the bag on my bed. He sits down beside me opening the bag and emptying the contents. I gasp at the assortment he chose, from my favorite chocolate to my favorite candy, he knew me so well. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a hug. I laid down on my back bringing him down with me. Rafe hovered over me as he moved my hair behind my ear "did I do good?" He questions hopefully. My heart swells, he had always felt like he wasn't a good boyfriend or son or brother but he was perfect to me. I nodded smiling from ear to ear "you did perfect," he releases the breath he was holding in and visibly relaxes "good," he smiles leaning down to press his soft lips against mine. "Okay before we get carried away let's watch movies." He rolls over onto his back beside me reaching for the Chocolate and passing them to me.

I took a piece of chocolate before laying on his chest as he softly played with my hair, we both watched the movie in silence and with the comfort of one another.

He was my perfectly imperfect boyfriend