34 - topper

MY BOYFRIEND had dragged me out to hang with his friends, insisting that he'd rather me with his friends then with my friends living in the cut. The four of us were sat on the beach, Rafe, Kelce and my boyfriend and I, Topper.

The boys were emerged in conversation as I sat between toppers legs on the beach, my back against his chest as I drew shapes with my fingers onto his bare legs where his board shorts stopped. "Yeah bro a huge party at mine would be sick," Topper nods shifting under me as he laughs.

"Yeah dude Friday night for sure," Kelce adds dabbing up Topper. I slowly stand up from my place in between toppers legs as he looks up at me confused, I give him a small smile before lifting my shirt over my head revealing my bathing suit top, followed by my bathing suit bottoms. "I'm going to go for a swim," I smiled leaning down to press a kiss against his lips, he turns his head to kiss me but when I pull away he had an unreadable expression painted onto his face. I shrugged it off running towards the water.

I dive under the waves and relax my head back into the water feeling the warm sunlight reflect off of my cool body. I smiled to myself with satisfaction, now this was more like it. It wasn't that I didn't like Toppers friends it was just the fact that I wasn't particularly close with them and barely spoke a word to the both of them except for the odd hellos. I leaned forward looking back at the boys on the beach, Topper stood up pulling his t-shirt off leaving him in his board shorts and revealing his toned abdomen. I smiled to myself as I watched him and the others join me in the water.

Rafe and Kelce were dunking eachother underwater whilst laughing like maniacs as Topper slowly drifted towards me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as his arms snakes around my own waist. He still had the same unreadable expression as before "what?" I questioned tilting my head to the side. He pulled me flush against him as his arms tightened protectively around my waist, he shook his head shrugging "nothing," he said leaning in to give me a quick peck. I frowned at him as his eyes shifted from Rafe and Kelce to me. I shrugged it off splashing him as I laughed.

"You are such a kid," he laughed splashing me back as we erupted into a splashing war. Soon Kelce and Rafe had joined in, water was flying everywhere as we all laughed and splashed each other.

"Hey guys I'm gonna go sunbathe it's getting a little cold," I nodded towards the beach as I smiled at Topper.

"Yeah we'll come to," Kelce said following me back onto the beach.

I leaned over picking up my towel and laying it out, I laid on my stomach turning my head to face the boys. Kelce was drying himself as his eyes raked over my body not so secretly. I shifted under his gaze uncomfortably. I looked away watching as Rafe and Topper walked up the beach emerged in conversation.

Toppers eyes landed on my then shifted to Kelce as the unreadable expression made its way onto his face. I frowned in confusion.

Topper sat on his towel next to me as the other followed, sitting on their towels. Topper sat awkwardly shielding me from my view of Kelce and Rafe.

He was acting weird, I had never seen him like this before and I couldn't pin point as to why.

"Who are we gonna invite to the party," Rafe asked opening a beer and handing one to Topper and Kelce, he held one out to me leaning on his forearms so he could see me around Topper, I shook my head "I'm good." He nodded as he took a swig from the bottle.

"All of the kooks bro," Topper shrugged as if it were obvious. "Well duh but you're not going to invite every single one." Rafe spoke swirling his beer bottle.

"Why not," topper laughed "just all of the teenagers." He spoke

I turned over onto my back as I reached around topper to grab his hat, he caught on and grabbed it passing it to me and sending me a small smile. I smiled back whispering a thank you and placing it over my eyes shielding them from the bright sun.

"I mean yeah we've done it before." Kelce adds

"True," Rafe speaks "you guys ready to head back?" He questions.

Topper agrees as I take the hat off of my eyes packing up our towels. Topper hands me my clothes as if he was desperate I put them on. I take them out of his hand confused and slip on my shorts and t-shirt. He visibly relaxes holding his hand out for me to take.

I place my hand in his as we walk back up the beach to the cars "me and y/n are gonna head home I'll catch up with you guys tonight." Topper waves to the boys as he places our towels in the backseat of the car.

They both nod as we bid out goodbyes and hop in the car.

Topper drives us to my house as his hand rests on my upper thigh. I lean back turning to watch his expression. He seemed more calmer but I still couldn't place the mystery expression he had on earlier. I sigh as he parks in my driveway leading me inside and upstairs to my room.

My house is empty when we arrive as my parents are both at work. He closes my bedroom door behind me as he lays on my bed rubbing his hands over his face tiredly. I laugh at him "tired?" I ask, he silently nods as I make my way to my closet choosing a fresh pair of clothes, desperate to get out of my wet bathing suit.

I strip down, not bothered by Topper as we had been together for a while now. I put on my bra and underwear when Topper sits up "come here," he mumbles holding his arms out for me grab. I walk over to him as his hands land on my hips.

The same unreadable expression creeping it's way onto his face as he massages my bare skin on my hips with his thumb "what is it?" I mumble playing with his hair softly.

"None of my friends are allowed to look at you, this is for my eyes only." He mumbles looking up to meet my eyes.

It all made sense now "is that why you were acting weird at the beach?" I laughed leaning down to hug him as his arms wrapped around my waist and he laid back onto my bed bringing me with him. "You should've seen Kelce he couldn't keep his eyes off of you," he mumbles shamefully brushing my hair out of my face.

I lean in pressing a kiss to his lips "Well I prefer your eyes on me anyway," I smile at him as he smiles back.

"Good." He smirks in reply