a pogue and a kook - topper thornton

This is super long, I wrote this at like one am last night because I was bored lol so please enjoy and I'll hopefully get along to doing more long imagines.

___________

BORN A POGUE always a pogues, I grew up in the cut and I was pretty certain I was bound to die here. You see the rest of the pogues are proud to be a pogue they stand tall with their shoulders back ready to put up a fight with anyone who thought the pogues were otherwise however I was ashamed,  I mean what was their to be proud of? My run down converses were the most valuable asset in my life, my house looked as if it had been abandoned years ago and we all struggled to find food to fill our stomachs. The pogues were thought to hate the kooks, expected to hate the kooks but I couldn't help it. How could you hate big beautiful homes and clean wealthy teenage boys? My friends would argue that they were stuck up but I didn't see people like that, everyone had their good side to their bad side. I just didn't believe that people could be so black and white, either good or bad.

My curiosity had got the best of me about two weeks ago when I found myself walking through the figure eight neighborhoods, I stuck out like a sore thumb in my deteriorating denim shorts and stained tank top. As I passed more houses the more I was in awe, it shocked me that people lived like this, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I mean coming home to a house where my dog could even have a room? It was insane, like an alternate universe I could only imagine. My worn converses padded against the tar—seal road as I watched the family's sat outside laughing as they sipped martinis in the sun, not worrying about how they were to pay the electrical bill or rent. The children ran around jumping into the pool as they squealed with joy.

I smiled to myself, the vibe shifted slightly as I continued looking in the direction of the house. Chills ran up my spine, it felt as if someone was watching me. I searched the backyard from the streets view trying to find the culprit that was burning holes into my skin. My eyes landed on a boy about my age clad in a blue polo shirt and cap backwards, he was eyeing me carefully. Probably wondering why I was on this side of the island, wondering if I was here to steal or to beg for money like the cut usually did on this side of the island.

But I wasn't here for either, I was here simply to observe the simple life, the life I wish I had. The boy lifted his solo cup to his lips taking a quick swig, he lowered the cup still eyeing me suspiciously, i had yet to look away. He lifted his right hand, the one without the solo cup and waved slightly a small smirk playing on his lip. My heart quickened at the small action, I had never really interacted with a kook one on one, whenever I saw one I was with the other pogues and they were arguing for the most part. I lifted my left hand hesitantly waving back. The boy smiled before turning back to his friends.

Since the two weeks had passed I still hadn't stopped thinking about the small interaction, sure all he did was wave to me, but he didn't come screaming his head off telling me to get off of their side of the island and I was sure he knew I wasn't from figure eight from my messy attire and even the way I held myself. Kooks held themselves as if they were superior, they seemed like they wouldn't bother to listen to a word anyone had to say apposed to pogues who seemed more approachable.

I was sat with the rest of the pogues as they were all emerged in conversation, talking about crashing a party. "So what about you y/n you in?" John B smiled down at me patting my shoulder encouragingly i shot him a small smile back "i don't know crashing a party doesn't really tickle my fancy, you know?" I shrug. Everyone paused to look at me, confusion painting each and everyone of their faces "it's not just a party it's the midsummers party, you know full kook style," JJ adds moving his hands and speaking as if it was obvious. My interest perked at the sound of midsummers,  I could finally see what it was like to be a kook for once in my life, I could leave my worries behind for an hour or so to live the life like I had always wanted. I nod "I'm in."