my dad - JJ

WE WERE all sitting in the cheatau excluding JJ, my boyfriend

WE WERE all sitting in the cheatau excluding JJ, my boyfriend. I hadn't seen him the whole day and I was growing worried, John B had told me he had just texted him an hour ago saying he would be at his house later on. It only made me more worried since he didn't answer any of my text messages I had sent him recently, was he mad at me? did I do something to him?

The familiar blond headed boy makes his way up the patio steps walking into the small patio area, he goes straight to John B walking straight past me, I watched his face it had fresh bruises and a small cut clad on his cheek but his icy blue eyes didn't meet my own. He dabbed John B up before doing the same to Pope and pulling Kiara into a hug. He sat next to Kiara not bothering to speak a word to me. My chest tightened, he was blatantly ignoring me I had done something wrong and he no longer wanted to speak to me. My mind went into a frenzy trying to figure out something that I could of done to upset him but my mind was blank, the last time I saw him we were laughing and surfing.

"JJ?" I questioned, I was sitting on a couch opposite him however his eyes were glued to his worn vans, he didn't look up as he spoke "What?" he questioned with a bored tone. He didn't want to speak to me at all, but I was too stubborn to let it go. "Did I do something?" my voice came out weaker then I intended, I was trying to put on a clueless facade but I was hurting inside, even though he had only be ignoring me for a day the haunting thought of him breaking up with me was lingering in the back of my head. I couldn't lose JJ he was my rock, the only thing that kept me happy, I just couldn't afford to lose him.

His fierce blue eyes shot up to mine quickly, they softened for a split second as he realised what he was doing, however he concealed the look as quick as it came. He shook his head numbly not bothering to put his thoughts into words. John B sighed awkwardly "Lets go cook some dinner," he spoke, his skeptical eyes darting from JJ to me. I was as confused as him, I had no idea why JJ was all of a sudden pushing me away.

The others nodded with him, standing from their spots and following the dark headed boy inside, JJ also followed his eyes not meeting mine as he passed me for the second time. I was left outside on the patio as a tear fell down my cheek, I was upset. I sighed wiping it away, I was being pathetic and acting like a clingy girlfriend, he just needed his space. I came to my conclusion regaining my composure and standing up, following the groups previous actions and walking inside.

The group was spread around the small kitchen, John B was preparing the fish we had caught earlier that day for the oven and Kiara was cutting up vegetables throwing them in a bowl to make salad, Pope and JJ were peeling potatoes as they talked amongst each other. John B looked up at me as he watched me walk inside, he shot me a sympathetic smile as I smiled back. He motioned for me to help him, I walked over to him taking a pan from the cupboard and placing it on the heat, he put some olive oil in the pan before placing the fish on the stove. "Wow, you're a pro chief." he spoke laughing as I pretended to flip the fish in the pan like they do on those cooking shows. I laugh back shrugging smugly. "Can you please quiet down, Jeez there's seriously no need to be obnoxious we're just cooking." JJ's annoyed voice interrupted our conversation as my smile fell from my face.

John Bs eyebrows furrowed as he turned to JJ "dude, why are you being a dick." he questioned shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm not y/n's just being super fucking loud right now, like the whole outerbanks doesn't need to hear your laugh." He spoke again, my back was to him as my eyes were trained purely on the fish, I couldn't even force myself to turn and look at him. John B put his hands up as if surrendering and turned back around helping me plate the fish along with the salad Kiara had made and the fries the other boys had managed to make.

We all grabbed a plate each sitting at the small dining table as we ate almost silently except for the clinking of the plates and forks. I didn't look at JJ, scared that I'd start balling my eyes out if I did, I didn't know what his problem was but I was almost certain it had something to do with me.

We finished our meals as I stood to clean the dishes, taking the plates from each person. I silently went to the kitchen as they started a conversation up. I washed the plates as my mind raced with thoughts. I wasn't even paying attention to what I was doing when the plate slipped out of my hand, smashing against the kitchen floor. The glass went everywhere, cutting my leg and making a mess. The loud sound caught the attention of the others as they all turned to look at me. "y/n you know John B can't afford much kitchenware yet you go and break a plate," I looked up at him, just as I thought before I started sobbing, the stress of why he was ignoring me and now the stress of breaking something that John B needed washed over me in one hit. The tears fell from my eyes feely as Kiara made her way over to me manuvering around the broken glass to pull me into a hug.

I cried into her shoulder as John B cleaned the mess mumbling a quick "don't worry about it," as he did so. JJ appeared behind Kiara sending me a guilty look as I pulled away from Kiara, "can I talk to you," he spoke weakly as I just simply nodded, following him out to the patio.

He seemed off as he sat down on the couch running his hand through his hair, I was sniffling by now as my cheeks felt tight with dried tears. I sat beside him as he looked up at me, his eyes were red with tears as he let out a sob. I instantly wrapped my arms around his shoulders pulling him into my chest. "I've been such a horrible boyfriend, I'm so so so sorry," he spoke between sobs as he nestled his head into my chest "my dad was mad that I was home late last night and he," he trailed off as my grip around him tightened and my eyes closed, trying to get rid of the images flashing in the back of my mind "and I just, god I was just so angry and I felt so useless and I didn't want you to think I was weak or anything so I just took it out on you and I'm so sorry," He rambled on as I shook my head at him.

He pulled away as his eyes went to the cut on my leg, his eyebrows furrowed as he came to a realisation "are you okay," he questioned, now sniffling and wiping his tears. I shook my head in disbelief "JJ, are you okay?" I spoke back "I know you'd never treat me like that, I love you but please, ill never think you're weak just please talk to me." he nodded at my words as he pressed a quick kiss against my lips, "I love you to, and I'm so sorry," he said. I rolled my eyes pulling him in for a hug as we laughed at our stupid argument and he insisted i cleaned my cut.