Chapter 2

KATIE'S POV

2 weeks had passed since my birthday! School was out; Josie and I were going to go on our road trip tomorrow!! My phone started ringing, It was Josie ‘‘Hey Katie, Urmm you know our road trip? Well... Luke can’t take us anymore. I’m sorry Katie, I know I promised you that we would meet Josh but Luke’s busy’’ My heart stopped for a second, I couldn’t believe it. I thought that I did have a chance to meet him but now Luke couldn’t take us I didn’t  have any chance what so ever, Like he would come to the west coast of LA. Well I was wrong. My life went on as normal till Elizabeth came into the mall on the First Monday of summer and everyone was crowded round her, as usual. She had something in her hand, I could just make out it was a picture, a signed picture!  ‘Yes guys , believe it I met Josh Hutcherson last night at the movie theatre down town, he’s finished filming Mocking Jay part 2 so he’s come to the LA for a bit’ She said. Everyone was chatting about it during the day. All I could think about was he was here, and my enemy has met him. I was so jealous. My life was over. I had to find him. I couldn’t find Josie that day at all. When I got home from I rang her…. There was no reply. I needed to speak to her soo badly it was unreal. I was about to sit down at the table and start revising as I had nothing else worthy to do when there was a knock at the door. No one knocks on our door? I thought to myself, we never normally have people round. I had a sudden thought maybe it was Josie. I ran to the door and opened it. I was completely wrong. It wasn’t who I was expecting to see.

JOSH'S POV

‘Hey I’m Josh Hutcherson, and you are?’ I said. She didn't reply that quickly.I was mezmerised by her beauty.‘Oh yeah ,sorry, My names Katie!’ she paused for abit her smile was perfect. ‘Urmm sorry its abit rude of me to ask by why are you at my door?’ she asked,I had to keep it cool ‘Well I know this is a bit weird and I understand if you say no..’ What was I going to say next, I didn't want to sound rude. ‘Well my car broke down outside your house and I was wondering if I could stay here for a while? Just till the mechanic comes and fixes my car, It will only be a few hours. I know you don’t know me and nor does your family but you seem nice. My car broke down outside, and all things happen for a reason so I knew there had to be a reason why it was outside your house. I’m sorry if you think I’m being inappropriate but I really need some where to stay for a few hours’ she looked like she was thinking about it.‘Yes sure that’s fine ,Come in. I’m just revising ’ I  nodded. ‘can I help ? I am pretty good ’ I asked, I wanted to help to show her I was a nice person, she might have the wrong Idea of me and think I was a snob.The evening went by quite quickly, she told me all about herself, and about her family.I found It so interseting, so I listened. I thought that she trusted me even though we just met.‘Ermm Katie would I be able to have your number? I know there is 5 and a half years age gap between us but I just really like you and friends can have numbers right? ‘ I wanted to hear her perfect voice again, she was perfect and I kind of liked her  ‘Yeah sure’ We exchanged numbers. It was 7 o’clock. ‘Oh Katie I’m am so sorry, you haven’t had any dinner, you must be starving?’ I said I felt so bad, the mechanic had finished hours ago and I had overstayed, I had to by her dinner!‘I’m fine honest’ I was pretty hungry myself ’Come out to dinner with me? My treat because you let me stay here’ she nodded I couldn’t belive it. I was going out to dinner with the most amazing girl I had ever met.