Chapter 31

KATIE'S POV

After I collected the book and thanked everyone involved we walked to security.  Josh was allowed to come with us.  He got us into the business lounge and upgraded to first class. Mom thanked him. So did Amelia and so did I. ‘Katie can I talk to you?’ Josh said. I nodded and got up. Josh pulled me away from mom and Amelia. ‘Katie’ Josh began. I butted in. ‘I’m sorry I don’t remember you Josh. I don’t want you to hate me, but I just don’t know what to say or do because I don’t know you and I don’t want to hurt you. You seem so lovely and Perfect and all my family love you but I don’t know who you are. I am sorry Josh.’ I said. A tear came to my eye. Josh hugged me. ‘Oh okay Katie. Don’t worry about what I was going to say. But please take this and keep it so that when you see it you can just remember me.’ Josh said handing me a box. I opened it. It was the ring I had on in the hospital. ‘It is your engagement ring.’ Josh said. I put it in my pocket. ‘Thank you Josh. I will try and remember what I know about you when I see it’ When I finished my sentence , our flight was called. Mom and Amelia came over with the luggage and we walked to the gate. Amelia and Josh hugged. Amelia whispered something to Josh and walked away crying. Mom hugged josh and Josh whispered to her. It was my turn to hug Josh. I hugged him, he whispered. ‘I love you’ To me. I didn’t know what to say back. ‘I know you don’t love me anymore. That doesn’t mean I have to stop loving you.’ I began to cry. ‘Don’t cry Beautiful. You don’t remember me, so there is no need for me to be in your life anymore. Just have fun without me and try not to get in anymore accidents.’ He said to me. I was full on crying now. I grabbed amelia’s hand and we walked into the gate. Mom handed the man our tickets, he let us in. Josh was waving. We walked and walked he disappeared. I couldn’t do it. I let go of Amelia’s hand and ran back to him. He was gone. ‘JOSH!!!’ I yelled. A man about 10 meters away turned. It was Josh. I Ran to him! He did the same to me! I jumped and he caught me. I locked my legs around his waist and kissed him. ‘I love you’ I said to him. He smiled ‘I love you too. But I cant do this to you. You don’t remember me and I can’t do it. I am sorry Katie. I love you! But I have been told if you love someone that much you will let them go and if they love you too, they will find their way back to you. I want that not to force you to love me’ I began to cry. ‘Go gorgeous. Just remember I love you and always will. Smile and stay strong.’ He kissed me and walked off. ‘JOSH!! I yelled. He didn’t turn around this time. I saw him bend down. His phone had fallen out and smashed. Amelia tugged my arm. ‘Katie they are all waiting for you.’ ‘Oh I am sorry’ I said to Amelia. ‘Quick Beautiful we need to run’ I grabbed her hand and we ran to the plane. We go in our seats and the engine started. I never knew how much I needed him till now. He was gone forever and I could never get him back. I think I loved him and he loved me, I could tell by the way he looked at me on that day and in all the pictures, that he was truly in love with me. I know it’s not normal to apparently date a celebrity, but for me, apparently it felt normal. 

JOSH'S POV

Katie took the book and thanked everyone. we walked to security.  I was allowed to go with them.  I got us into the business lounge and upgraded them to first class. Sienna thanked me. So did Amelia and so did Katie. ‘Katie can I talk to you?’ I said. Katie nodded and got up. I pulled Katie away from Sienna and Amelia. ‘Katie’ I began. She butted in. ‘I’m sorry I don’t remember you Josh. I don’t want you to hate me, but I just don’t know what to say or do because I don’t know you and I don’t want to hurt you. You seem so lovely and Perfect and all my family love you but I don’t know who you are. I am sorry Josh.’ Katie said. A tear came to Katie’s eye. I hugged Katie. ‘Oh okay Katie. Don’t worry about what I was going to say. But please take this and keep it so that when you see it you can just remember me.’ I said handing Katie a box. She opened it. ‘It is your engagement ring.’ I said. Katie put it in her pocket. ‘Thank you Josh. I will try and remember what I know about you when I see it’ When Katie finished her sentence, their flight was called. Sienna and Amelia came over with the luggage and we walked to the gate. Amelia and I hugged. Amelia whispered ‘I Love you Josh, make sure you remember your promise and come visit me! Okay’ ‘I love you too Amelia. I will I promise.’ I whispered. Amelia stopped hugging me and walked away crying. Sienna hugged me and I whispered to her. ‘Sienna, Stay strong okay. I will visit okay. I have your address. I love Katie and always will. I just hope she remembers me soon. I have your number and you have mine so if she remembers me please call and I will get the next flight over.’ She whispered ‘Okay, bye Josh’ Sienna got up and walked over to Amelia crying. Next Katie came and hugged me.I whispered. ‘I love you’ Katie didn’t reply, I knew why. ‘I know you don’t love me anymore. That doesn’t mean I have to stop loving you.’ Katie began to cry. ‘Don’t cry Beautiful. You don’t remember me, so there is no need for me to be in your life anymore. Just have fun without me and try not to get in anymore accidents.’ I said to her. She was full on crying now. Katie grabbed Amelia’s hand and walked into the gate. Sienna handed the man the tickets. I was waving. They walked and walked, then disappeared. I couldn’t do it, I walked away. I got about 10 meters from the gate when I hear ‘JOSH!!!’  I turned around. Katie began to run to me! I did the same. On the way my phone fell out. I didn’t care. Katie was running to me. She jumped and I caught her. She locked her legs around my waist and kissed me. ‘I love you’ She said to me. I smiled ‘I love you too. But I can’t do this to you. You don’t remember me and I can’t do it. I am sorry Katie. I love you! But I have been told if you love someone that much you will let them go and if they love you too, they will find their way back to you. I want that not to force you to love me’ I said and Katie began to cry. ‘Go gorgeous. Just remember I love you and always will. Smile and stay strong.’ I kissed her and walked off. ‘JOSH!! She yelled. I didn’t turn around this time. I got to my phone and bent down and picked it up. It was smashed into a million pieces. I had lost her address and her forever. I never knew how much I needed her till now. She was gone forever and I could never get her back. I loved her and she loved me, I could tell by the way she looked at me on that day and on all the days before that she was truly in love with me. I know it’s not normal to date someone that wasn’t famous, but for me it felt normal. My life felt complete. I know girls get obsessed with celebrities, she was, this isn't an obsession its love.