Chapter 23

KATIE'S POV 

Josh grabbed my hand. We walked downstairs. I heard someone ‘Ohhh’ it was Connor. I blushed. Jess had gone home, I think. She wasn’t downstairs. ‘Aw My little Joshua looks so handsome’ Josh’s Mom said as adjusted Josh’s tie. Josh let go of my hand and pushed his mom away. ‘It’s so nice to meet you Katie. Josh talked about you a lot in Kentucky’ Josh’s Mom Michelle said. I blushed and so did Josh. Me and Michelle hugged. ‘Dinner is ready’ Chris shouted. All 4 of us walked to the kitchen and Josh’s Dad Chris had laid out fajitas. I sat next to Josh.  ‘So Katie how are you?’ Chris asked. I smiled and looked at Josh. ‘I am very good thank you Mr Hutcherson, And you?’ I replied. Josh looked at me and grabbed my hand under the table. ‘Oh I am very good but tired from the flight, Connor came over 2 days before us so we only arrived 4 hours ago.’ Chris replied. I nodded. ‘How was the flight?’ I asked. Before he could answer the doorbell rang. Connor got up straight away. ‘I’ll get it’ he yelled. ‘Oh I wonder who that is ? He seemed eager to get it?!?!’ Michelle said. I thought it might have been Jess but it wasn’t. ‘Mom!!’ Connor yelled. Michelle  got up and walked to the door so did Chris. I was left with Josh, amazing handsome boyfriend. ‘josh…’ I said. ‘Yeah beautiful??’ Josh replied. ‘ You know earlier when you asked me the question? I said. ‘Urmm Katie what question??’ Josh replied sounding confused. ‘You know the one when you were at my-y-y’ Michelle Chris and Connor came back through into the kitchen. ‘I will talk to you about it later’ He whispered. I smiled. ‘Mom who was at the door?’Josh asked. She had just sat down. ‘Oh that, we have some new neighbours Joshua’ Michelle Said. ‘And I think Connor has a thing for the girl too.’ Chris chipped in. I looked and Connor. He had gone red with embarrassment. ‘OHhhhh Connor’ Josh said. ‘Connor what happened with Jess then?’ Josh asked, We all looked at him. ‘Oh yeah her, she kind of dumped me, when you went upstairs to get changed.’ Connor replied. He seemed really upset. We had finished dinner and it was 6:15. We were all sat watching TV. ‘Mom, Dad I have to go now. Bye Beautiful.’ Josh said, He walked over to me and kissed me. I blushed. ‘Get a room!!’ Connor sarcastically said and then laughed. ‘Bye then’ Josh said as he closed the door. ‘Bye!!’ Everyone yelled. His family were amazing. I wish I had said yes to marrying him earlier instead of slamming the door in his face, I regret that so much. ‘Katie, do you know Josh really loves you?’ Chris said. I blushed. ‘Yeah I do and I love him soo much’ I said back. ‘Good so do you want some ice cream??’ Michelle asked. ‘Yes I would love some’ I said back. Michelle got up and brought 4 bowls in filled with ice cream it was amazing. When we had finished Michelle and Chris went to wash up. Me being me, I needed a drink I walked towards the kitchen when I heard them two talking. ‘Why? That’s ridiculous, Shes the 18th girl this year, he needs to start to get serious about girls.’ I heard michelle said. ‘I know, she doesn’t really suit him does she?’ Chris piped in. I stopped in my tracks. Were they talking about me and Josh? No?! surely not. I walked back and sat back down to watch TV with Connor. ‘I thought you wanted a drink?’ Connor asked. ‘Oh no Connor I’m not thirsty anymore’ I said back.

JOSH'S POV

I grabbed Katie’s hand. We walked downstairs. I heard someone ‘Ohhh’ it was Connor. Katie blushed. Jess had gone home, I think. She wasn’t downstairs. ‘Aw My little Joshua looks so handsome’ Mom said as she came up to me to adjust my tie. I let go of Katie’s hand and pushed my mom away. ‘It’s so nice to meet you Katie. Josh talked about you a lot in Kentucky’ I blushed and so did Katie. Mom and Katie hugged. ‘Dinner is ready’ Dad shouted. All 4 of us walked to the kitchen and dad had laid out fajitas. I sat next to Katie and Connor.  ‘So Katie how are you?’ Dad asked. Katie smiled and looked at me. ‘I am very good thank you Mr Hutcherson, And you?’ Katie replied. I looked at her, I grabbed her hand under the table. She was so perfect and polite. ‘Oh I am very good but tired from the flight, Connor came over 2 days before us so we only arrived 4 hours ago.’ Dad replied. Katie nodded. ‘How was the flight?’ Katie asked. Before dad could answer the doorbell rang. Connor got up straight away. ‘I’ll get it’ he yelled. ‘Oh I wonder who that is ? He seemed eager to get it?!?!’ Mom said. I thought it might have been Jess but it wasn’t. ‘Mom!!’ Connor yelled. My mom got up and walked to the door so did dad. I was left with Katie, beautiful gorgeous girlfriend. ‘josh…’ Katie said. ‘Yeah beautiful??’ I replied. ‘ You know earlier when you asked me the question?’ I knew what she was on about but I didn’t want mom or dad to hear as they didn’t know. ‘Urmm Katie what question??’ I replied trying to sound confused. ‘You know the one when you were at my-y-y’ Mom, Dad and Connor came back through into the kitchen. ‘I will talk to you about it later’ I whispered. Her face lit up and she smiled. ‘Mom who was at the door?’ I asked. She had just sat down. ‘Oh that, we have some new neighbours Joshua’ She said. ‘And I think Connor has a thing for the girl too.’ Dad chipped in. I looked and Connor. He had gone red with embarrassment. ‘Ohhh Connor’ I said. Then I realised he was kind of dating Jess. ‘Connor what happened with Jess then?’ We all looked at him. ‘Oh yeah her, she kind of dumped me, when you went upstairs to get changed.’ Connor replied. He seemed really upset. We had finished dinner and it was 6:15. I have 45 minutes to get to Conan, have make up done, sign autographs and have press shots; that seems long enough. We were all sat watching TV. ‘Mom, Dad I have to go now. Bye Beautiful.’ I said, I walked over to Katie and kissed her. Katie blushed. ‘Get a room!!’ Connor sarcastically said and then laughed. ‘Bye then’ I said as I closed the door. ‘Bye!!’ Everyone yelled as I shut the door. Perfect all my family love her. Wait! I have one thing to do! I pulled up outside and stopped the car. I got out and ran to the front door. I rang the bell. I heard movement and braced myself for what was going to happen. I heard the key turn. This was it. The door slowly opened.