Ch 14 A Day With Ruby

After the confession with Ruby Y/N of course had to return to the infirmary. He only stayed for one day. It was long enough to ensure that he was okay as he had a promise to keep.

Doctor: You know it is a miracle that you are able to walk. One shrapnel piece in particular nearly hit your spinal cord.

Y/N: You believe in miracles?

Doctor: That or destiny.

Y/N: I have to ask why?

Doctor: In my line of work it's the only thing that helps me get through the hard days. You will have to have physical therapy of course. I take it that you'll use your cane for support?

Y/N: Yes. Thanks doc.

Doctor: Well your headmaster wants a word with you.

The doctor left with Ozpin entering the room. He then gave you your cane.

Ozpin: Quite a dilemma at hand. You won't
be able to participate in Glynda's class and to top it off you need time for physical therapy.

Y/N: You have something in mind don't you?

Ozpin: We'll use last years grades. Instead of her class that is when you will be doing it.

Y/N: I take it that you have other news.

Ozpin: You have detention as well for your little escape.

Y/N: I needed the fresh air.

Ozpin: You left without so much as notifying the staff. Though by all means I am certain it must have been worth it given what it led to.

Y/N: Nothing gets passed you doesn't it?

Ozpin: Given what Team SHDE has done in the past I have to.

Y/N: If I had not known the intention behind it, well I would find that creepy. Tanner would understand while Silver is something else. He would he flattered.

Ozpin: Silver sure is something. In fact what you two have done in what is really your first year's break is the reason why this started.
Sure it may not happen a lot but when it does questions do arise. I once saw Tanner out of my office window shoot and arrow and create a zip line. He then proceeded to use said bow to go down.

Y/N: He said that was if a situation were to that needed such a tactic.

Ozpin: Right. Though we never did discuss that rally you managed to get yourselves into over the break.

Y/N: We're still unsure how we got into that anti-Faunus rally.

Ozpin: Yes, if you two were found it would of reflected poorly upon Beacon. Though I know that you aren't ones to do such a thing.

Y/N: Sad thing was how they were mostly good people besides that whole anti-Faunus.

Y/N thought at how he and Silver did have a thought of going to another. The rallies only did happen once a month but the people did a weekly barbecue. The food was good.

Ozpin: I cannot imagine as such a situation never occurred in my time as a headmaster. Well I will be off now.

Ozpin left leaving Y/N there freely to leave but he had a call to make. One to Silver.

Y/N: (via scroll) I need you to take my spot in detention.

Silver: (via scroll) Why would I do that?