18 ◉Subtle Warning

Alina hurried with the sheets as well as a pen drive

Alina hurried with the sheets as well as a pen drive. She almost tripped over her black heels but quickly steadied herself and clenched the sheet tightly under her arm. She pushed back her cat-eyed glasses and in a hurry, she opened the door to the boss's cabin.

'Oh!' She exclaimed.

A woman and Haider glanced at the door. His expressions changed while Roma looked at her with an arrogant look on her face. Alina was surprised to see an elegant woman dressed in a white sleeveless cowl neck top tugged in a knee-length pink pencil skirt in his cabin. One hand of her hand on his neck. Haider gulped softly and moved Roma's hand from the knot of his tie.

'Don't you have any manners?' Roma said haughtily.

'Roma!' Haider intervened sternly. Both the women were taken by surprise with his tone. He looked at Roma with a strict look, - 'Don't you dare talk to Alina that way.'

She shrugged, - 'But why should I worry about this riff-raff.' She said, looking down upon Alina. Swiftly, Haider held her cheek. Alina gasped but Roma's yelp got caught in her throat. His fingers pinched her skin, as he looked menacingly into her eyes. Alina shuddered. She had known about his infamous personality but spending some time with him she had thought all that were rumors. But now, seeing him in this avatar made her feel threatened.

Haider looked at Alina, her fearful stare calmed him down.

Control, Haider- He thought and quickly moved his hand. He sighed, tugging on his blazer, then ran a swift palm over his wavy hair. Roma gasped for air, touching her cheeks. Alina noticed finger marks on her cheeks and gulped softly.

'Please leave, Roma. I don't want to see in my office.' He said without sparing a glance at her. Roma felt terribly insulted. She huffed and picked up her hand purse. She walked to Haider and grinned sarcastically,

- 'Enjoy your latest toy, Haider. Then, you will come to me.' – She ran her fingers through her blonde streaked black hair, - 'Remember we had the longest relationship. I know you like the back of my fingers.' She grinned clenching her fingers into a fist. Haider looked away; Alina stood frozen on spot. Roma paused next to Alina. She was surprised to realize that this woman was Mrs. Roma Subberwal, former Miss. India and an A list actress. She looked at Alina and scoffed. Then, snootily she walked out of the cabin.

There was an eerie silence that was broken by Haider's sigh and his palms banging on the glass table. Alina flinched grasping the sheets tightly, her fingers pinched the fragile pieces of papers.

Haider looked at her, - 'Alina, can you give me some time to –' She nodded and turned around. She had just held the doorknob when he called her, and she stilled. He picked up a glass of water and looked at her, - 'Will it be possible for you to drop by my place in the evening? We can discuss the designs?' He asked in a gentle tone. Alina was surprised how swiftly he changed his attitude. She felt numb but she managed to nod her head.