29 ◉Trapped

Hania refused to take the driver and instead chose to drive

Hania refused to take the driver and instead chose to drive. Before she left, she strictly instructed the butlers and maids to not tell this to Haider. She knew very well how protective and possessive her big brother was, and he would, most certainly, flip if he knew she risked going alone.

With the help of maps on her phone she drove into a posh suburb. She smiled at herself feeling genuinely happy for her brother. Finally, he found someone worth his love.

Alina combed her hair and brushed aside her tresses from her shoulder, skillfully placing it on her back. Then, she adjusted the flute sleeves of her pink floral boho top and tugged her top inside her ripped jeans. As she applied her gloss, the doorbell rang and in excitement she fumbled whilst wearing platform heels. Speedily, she grabbed her hand-purse and darted out of the room.

Farhana and a young woman stood together. The stranger girl was a young adult who looked around with awe stuck gaze. Alina reduced her pace as she observed the girl. She was dressed in V neck yellow Cami top with ankle-length denim, accessorize with three-layered delicate gold chains, few rings, and a smartwatch. She had paired her attire with sneakers.

Alina cleared her throat and the girl turned to look at her. She felt awkward under the girl's judgmental gaze.

'Alina Hooda?' She asked. Alina nodded. The girl now noticed her carefully, running her gaze from head to toe. Alina shifted; her fingers moved on their own accord to her ear studs.

'Hi,' – she extended her hand, - 'I am Hania Zaidi. Haider's sister.'

'Oh!' Alina was surprised to meet Haider's sibling. She knew about Jahangir and Uzma Zaidi but never knew about her. Haider never talks about his family in any interviews. Hania snapped her fingers in front of her and she flinched out of her thought.

Haider's baby sister sighed wearing her sunglasses, she asked Alina to come with her, - 'Big Brother has asked me to take you to the parlor and spend some time with you.' She sounded disinterested. Alina nodded letting Hania walked ahead of her. She realized both brother and sister were similar in attitude.

Together they sat in the car. Alina looked around, - 'Where is the driver?' She enquired still glancing around.

Hania huffed clenching the steering wheel, - 'I am the driver. Duh! Can't you see I am the one at the steering?'

Alina blinked with her mouth slightly open, - 'Do you have a license to drive in India? And doesn't America have steering the other side?'

Hania rolled her eyes behind her sunglasses as she looked behind, backing her car, - 'So, I have Haider Minhas as my brother.' She replied haughtily. Alina raised both her eyebrows and looked front. Deciding not to poke the arrogant young girl further, she settled against the plush car seat.

Alina was awe-struck stepping into Delhi's luxurious Boutique, spa, and salon. This was of international standards. She had never been inside such a place. For her, glancing at it from outside was luxury enough. The dark-tinted glasses made her curious to explore but her bank balance said otherwise.