37 ◉Seduction

Haider sat in the darkroom; the curtains of the large window pulled apart, letting moonlight illuminate the room

Haider sat in the darkroom; the curtains of the large window pulled apart, letting moonlight illuminate the room. With his eyes closed his fingers worked effortlessly over the piano's keyboard. Images of Alina from the bathtub flashed before his eyes. He hadn't thought of her much in a sensual way. But remembering her in the bathtub, covered with only bubbles and lather, aroused him, fanning his desperation to come close to her. Her hair tied in a neat bun on top of her head, with wet strands sticking to the back of her neck. A serene smile adorning her enchanting face. The satisfactory moan that escaped her mouth as he massaged her feet. All of this has awakened a raw lust in him. The want, the need to be in proximity with her grew wildly inside him. He had hoped to seduce her, but it backfired, and she took offense. With this incident, he realized she was not like the women he had dated or been with before. She was different. He must be careful.

Alina walked through the corridor, she heard a faint melody as she approached the activity room. She smiled a little enjoying the music. Cautiously, she held the doorknob but quickly retracted her hand. Few moments of internal contemplating, she twisted the knob and opened the door.

Haider heard the door and stopped playing instantly. He inhaled the sweet aroma of English rose body wash and smiled to himself.

'Why did you stop playing?' Alina asked in a soft tone. Haider pushed the wheeled stool back and looked at her. She noticed he was dressed for the night in white half sleeve top and black track pants. She gulped noticing his muscles flex and quickly darted her gaze away.

'Why are you here? Aren't you angry with me?' He shrugged.

Alina folded her arms, - 'I was. Very. Then, I realized your lifestyle and the women you have been with—were all different and—'

'Miss. Alina. I was thinking the same.' He confessed and stood up. Alina watched him come close to her, - 'I am sorry.'

She lowered her head for a moment and then looked into his eyes with confidence, - 'Don't be, Haider. Just don't do it again.' She said. Haider felt offended but doesn't let it show on his face.

Alina informed him about dinner, but he stopped her, - 'Let me paint your portrait, please.' He requested. She looked into his pleading eyes and doesn't argue.

Haider smiled, - 'If you don't mind can I paint you without the robe?' He asked. She looked at him sharply with her eyes wide. He kept looking at without any awkwardness.

'Please.' He murmured.

Alina took a moment and then nodded. She should let go of her inhibitions, at least try, they are engaged and destined to marry. Of course, she wouldn't take things any further and knew, very well that Haider won't push her either.

'Okay.' She replied meekly. Haider took a step and turned around. He began preparing the canvas. Slowly, Alina untied her robes, glanced at him, and then shrug it off her shoulders.