38◉ A Curious Case

Silently, Haider and Alina had their dinner, he looked at her and noticed Alina was fidgeting the veg rice on her plate with her fork

Silently, Haider and Alina had their dinner, he looked at her and noticed Alina was fidgeting the veg rice on her plate with her fork. He straightened, clearing his throat, she looked at him.

'Aren't you hungry?' He enquired.

'I am.' Alina replied, then her gaze went to the wall clock and she was stunned to find it was 12 in the night. Urgently, she stood up and began panicking as it was so late, and she needed to get up early for work. Only after Haider calmed her a little, she sat down to complete her food. Alina hurriedly gobbled everything on the plate and then looked at Haider.

'Why aren't you eating? You don't want to get up early for work?' She asked wide-eyed. Haider shook his head and slowly looked up.

'You know I don't sleep, Miss. Alina.' He confessed. Alina nodded as realization dawned upon her.

'Okay, sir.' She faked respect and giggled. Haider smiled a little and sighed pushing aside his plate. Alina walked around the table and picked up his plate along with hers. He held her hand and she froze. Then, Haider stood up and took both their plates. To her surprise, he held her should and spoke softly,

- 'I will do the dishes. You go and sleep.'

Alina blinked at him. He held her shoulder and urged her to sleep. She was super amazed by his gesture but doesn't say anything.

After Haider was done with the dishes, he wiped his hand with a towel and hung it neatly on the towel stand. Then, he walked up to Alina's room. Cautiously, he opened the door and glanced inside. Alina slept peacefully, laying on her back. The duvet covered till her waist, one hand over her stomach and one next to her head. He eyed her parted lips for a moment before walking out of the room.

He entered the activity room and stood in front of the portrait. He ran a finger over the photo's jawline, recollecting their moments together and let out a breath. He knew it worked, from the way Alina reacted, she liked it. Just like this, he needs to seduce her so she will completely trust him.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

As expected, Alina woke up late. She scolded Farhana for not waking her up and doesn't listen to her reasoning. She stepped in the bathroom for a quick shower and got dressed in a knee-length pleated dusky pink dress. She winced as she combed her tresses and tied them with a claw clip leaving the rest flowing on her back. 

'I am getting late, so I will eat in the office.' She responded to Farhana's request for breakfast, whilst grabbing her handbag and scooter keys. As she exited the villa, she had completely forgotten about Haider.

Alina parked her scooter in the parking area and hurried to the elevator. She stopped by the coffee machine and restlessly glanced at her watch as she waited in line. Suddenly, she felt a heavyweight slap her back and she was thrown forward. She turned around to reprimand the person.