25 ◉Date Night

Haider stood facing the life-size glass windows and stared at the clear blue sky

Haider stood facing the life-size glass windows and stared at the clear blue sky. He heard the door click and open. He smiled to himself and straightened, - 'Welcome, Miss. Alina.' He turned around. Alina looked surprised as she entered the cabin. The door closed softly behind her.

'How did you know it was me?' She asked.

Haider smiled, walking towards the door. He pulled down the blinds of the window. Alina felt uneasy as he closed all the binds and then he walked towards her.

'Haider—' She stopped speaking when he placed a finger on her lips. She shivered with his touch on her lips. Haider admired her, loving the feel of her smooth lips against his skin.

'You are so gorgeous my love.' – he raised her chin and gently caressed her lower lip with his thumb, - 'I am inviting you to dinner, tonight. I will send Gopi by 7.' He informed. Alina blinked at him, then took a step back.

'Haider?'

'Are you busy?'

Alina shook her head. He smiled taking a step closer. Alarmed, she took a step back. Haider held her arm and observed her.

'What happened, my love? You look worried.' He said with concern. He hooked his finger under her chin and pulled her closer. Alina closed her eyes and then moved back. Haider's smile faded.

'You shouldn't have announced it this way.' – she noticed his expressions turning stern, so she quickly added, - 'at least you should have spoken to me about it.'

Haider looked at her and forced a smile, - 'Okay, my love.'- he held her shoulders, - 'I will make it up in the evening.' He said. Alina sighed and moved his hand away. His smile dropped again, then he curled his fingers into fists and tugged his hands into his formal trousers.

'You have no idea my friends have turned against me. Meera fought with me and they aren't talking to me and—'

'Then dump them.' -Haider interrupted her, then he took out his hand adjusted the strap of his watch, - 'you don't need those ungrateful, useless friends. If you want, I can have them fired.' He said calmly. Alina's eyes widened. She shook her head.

'No!'

Haider smiled and turned around. He walked to the black leather double sofa placed opposite the glass table. Alina watched him pick up a rectangular cardboard box. He stood in front of her and passed it to her. She felt curious and uncertain as she unopened the box. She gasped looking at a beautiful red dress and her head shot up to look at him.

'The moment I saw this dress, I imagined you in it. You look breathtaking in red.' He said lovingly. Alina forced a smile at him. He frowned.

'Why are you so hesitant? Aren't you comfortable with me?' He enquired. Alina looked at him and shook her head.

'It is just too new for me.' – Haider's expressions relaxed, - 'and my friends, err—'

Haider smiled and softly gripped her shoulders, - 'May I hug you, Miss. Alina?' He asked politely. She looked surprised at him and took a moment before nodding. He leaned forward and her heart skipped a beat as he wrapped his arms around her figure. She felt his warm body touch her and instantly felt butterflies erupt in her stomach. The feel of him so close and the smell of his cologne made her feel weak in the knees.