PROLOGUE

7 years ago

'I can't stand this anymore; I am just tired of everything. Why can't anything just work out in my favour for at least once this year???' I said to myself as I was silently crying in my room. I had really  worked hard this time and my hard work paid.  After  everything, I finally passed  my secondary school leaving certificate examinations and I could apply to any university of my choice. I was really confident with my results 7A1s and 2B2s. I was really proud of myself because it was an excellent result that could get me into any school of my choice. I really wanted to study medicine; gynaecology and obstetrics to be precise since I was young and I had an opportunity right now.  There was a big problem, I did not really  score up to my course cut off mark in the University post  examinations organized by my country so I had to change course to medical technology; I still had an opportunity to go abroad if I passed my leaving examination; which of course I did but my parents had to ruin the moment.

'Dad, Mum, I really want to go to the University of Panama and I have a really good result, I know I haven't been in my best academic behaviour but I can assure you this is a very big opportunity I do not want to let go of', I cried to them. 'Dimma, I am tired of this conversation. You are going nowhere and you will school in Nigeria whether you like it or not. It's not my fault you didn't reach the courses'cut off mark but my decision is final'.   I remembered those painful words said to me by my Dad, and my mum with a slight look of dissapointment in her eyes as I went to my room to cry.

Remembering  what happened s few hours ago was breaking me apart but I needed to do something.
The next morning I woke up with swollen eyes and a slight headache. I went into the bathroom and took a long warm bath remembering the incidents that took place yesterday. My parents had already left for work and I was partially happy.  Unfortunately, my brothers were still around and we're going to annoy life out of me especially  Ayden; gosh that boy annoys the hell out of me. The only one I can try to tolerate is Axel, the youngest; he has his own annoying features but they are not as annoying as Ayden's. I still ask myself what I ever did to Ayden to make him find pleasure in annoying me. I was so tired of his trouble and pranks but before I graduated he was my partner in crime in a way. Since Axel wasn't in secondary school we kind of had little or no responsibility  because we could handle ourselves on our own.

I was really bummed with what happened  yesterday night so I decided to go on my own and find a way. I put on a pair of Blue Jeans,  a big sky blue T-shirt and a pair of sneakers. I decided to look simple and comfortable for my new journey.  I took my backpack,  packed money, notebook, pen, paloma's, Handkerchief, water and some snacks. I knew this was a long and stressful journey so I came prepared. I packed up my braids in a high pony tail to avoid any form of discomfort. I just used powder and lip gloss to make myself look presentable  in public. I started my journey and the first station was Zyla  hall;  it's a popular place where you can apply for admissions and scholarships to famous and top best schools in the world and in all countries and the most reliable place to go to.  Unfortunately  their websites were down leaving me with no other choice but to go to Erik checks;  the one place I've been avoiding  because my mum is known by so many people at that place. When I got there, there was so much crowd so I had to wait a while because they had lots of customers today of all days. I patiently waited and successfully avoided coming in contact with any familiar face ( the ones I suspected I had seen before with my mum). I finally had my turn and applied for admission and also a scholarship  at the same time anxious.  I was really scared when I got home because I didn't want to meet my parents when I got home. And I was lucky so I sneaked into my room, had a bath, washed off my dirty clothes and I was satisfied with myself.

That's how my journey continued  till I finally got admitted. My mum found out and helped me talk to my Dad. I was really happy because  after everything my efforts paid off and I'm going to college happily.......................................... That's what I made you think but that's not all there is to what truly happened.....................................