Goodbye

Hey, the conversations I'm going to quote here would be like chats for you guys to understand what is going on and to avoid confusion. Enjoy!!!💝

When I got to work today, I noticed there was no one to glare at me; I saw Mia walking towards me.

"You should have come earlier and seen the drama that took place" she said with a smirk on her face.

"What happened" I asked. "Well, today they were supposed to gossip like they always did and we both know their leader is Madam Christie but today was different and really funny; she was extremely angry with them" she said before she started narrating.

Christie: "What kind of human beings are you guys, why on earth would you let that spoilt thing touch my property and my files; after all I did for you guys, none of you could at least help me out!! I was embarrassed yesterday because of you guys and the manager thinks I'm selfish, spoilt and childish. I have  lost my chance of being better than that girl in the eyes of the manager because of you all!! All of you are just good for nothing b-

Rebecca: Aunty don't you dare cross it!! Don't you dare!! Do you seriously think we're Ave or whatever her name is, that we would just allow you to insult us anyhow?? Don't you dare spoil my mood this morning! Are you the only important person in this world we should care about in this life? You should thank your lucky stars I'm in a good condition otherwise-

Christie: Otherwise what? What can you call do?

Ruth to Christie: Don't you dare try us oh! Whatever nonsense you're about to say just hold it there. You better open your eyes to reality, this isn't secondary school so don't try rubbish

Sarah: Let's go before somebody would lose her temper here plus I don't plan on losing my Job. (She said as she rolled her eyes at Christie and walked out)

Christie: You guys should go! Fear kill you there nonsense!!

"You needed to see their facial expressions" she said as we both laughed in my office. "I wish I came earlier this time" I said as we were laughing. "Trust me if they knew you were around, it wouldn't be as interesting as it was" she said still laughing.

She stopped laughing and her face had a look of worry on it.

"Ziri isn't happy with you" she said

"Oh my gosh, Ziri! Did you tell him what happened?" I asked

"No, I made a promise remember?" she said assuring me.

"Then what happened?" I asked.

"He was sad in a way; he said you haven't talked to him or bothered to call him for the past three days and he said he was coming for a visit whether you liked it or not" she said.

"But he can't come today" I said subconsciously.

"Why" she asked out of confusion.

After realizing what I said I thought of something.

"I am going to pick up the car I bought and I need to ensure everything is alright which could take a while plus I need to clean it up and make sure its comfortable". I said as I remembered the car I was supposed to pick up after its arrival a few days ago.

"Oh my, Congrats on your new car" she said while giving me a hug with a grin on her face.

"Thank you so much, I'm still paying for it though" I said.

"Who cares? You have a car now. I could scream but we're at work and I don't want to be the reason those humans beings reunite to gossip " she said as we both laughed. "Ziri can come with you then-"

'No!' I cut her off

"I'm so sorry about that, I just wanted to surprise him so please help me tell him I won't be around today" I plead.

"Under one condition" she smirked.

'Yes?'

"You are going to take me out one of these days and Zara too if she wants to for a girl's day out. Deal?"

"Deal" I smiled.

                  ....................................

The Manager called the staff for an emergency meeting after lunch so the appointments after then were shifted to Saturday.

"Good afternoon all, I am truly sorry for the impromptu meeting I called for a few minutes ago. I have an important announcement to make and it would change the system around here.

I am retiring from TIRMA hospital and my retirement starts on Wednesday next week.
On Thursday, you would have a new manager coming from the U.S.A. He is younger than I am and I hope you all would cooperate and work with him in this office. He arrived here this morning but he is going to be introduced to you all on Monday officially. He is still getting used to the environment so by Monday he would be ready for the job.

It has been a pleasure working with you all and I promise to visit once in a while. Thank you all for your time" he said as he left the hall.

...........

I cannot believe Mr. Umar is actually leaving us. Honestly I wish he could stay with us till over 45% of the staff likes me. I might look strong on the outside but inside I deeply want to be accepted.

"Why do the good ones have to leave early? Honestly, Mr Umar and I were actually vibing a lot and not just me, the rest of my colleagues. I just hope the next manager is as fun as he is and not some annoying idiot in form of a human being". Zara said in a grumpy way which made me laugh. "He was a good manager and I knew this day would come but I never expected it to be so soon" Mia said in a sad tune.

"You guys should cheer up. I know I haven't stayed here for up to a year but I already miss him. Look at it from a different perspective. He is going to spend a lot of time with his wife and you know......." I raised one of my eyebrows and smirked. "Avy" they both said as we all laughed and left the conference room.

Work was dismissed early because of the news we all received so I had enough time to get my Car, clean it up and prepare for my auditions.

I decided to talk to Ziri first.

Me: Hello?

Abnormal one🤧💝: Hello, 
                                       She remembered me😄
                                       How are you?

(Now I'm feeling more guilty)

Me:I'm not fine

Abnormal one🤧💝: What happened?

Me: I did something terrible.
        I didn't disturb or check on my best friend for a few days and
        upon everything he still wants to listen to me when I know
         very well he's disappointed with my actions 😓

Abnormal one🤧💝: I know you had your reasons so its okay.

Me: No its not and I am going to make it up to you tomorrow. I
        wish I could do it today but I'm really busy. I'll talk to you  
        tomorrow evening. See you later💖

Abnormal one🤧💝: Yh, Bye.

Ziri wasn't happy with me and I couldn't tell him anything yet till I settled what I wanted to do.

................................….........................................................................................

Hey guys!!
Sorry for the late update
I hoped you liked it
I won't be able to keep up with the period I usually update the story for a while because of other tasks I need to take care of so please be patient with me and leave your comments.

Who do you think the new boss is going to be?
What drama would take place now that the former manager is going to retire
How would Avery cope?
And how would her auditions turn out???

I would love to see your comments
Xoxox💝