Like seriously🤦

Avery's POV

Ziri wasnt happy with me and his voice gave it all. I had already dedicated tomorrow to making it up to him; after I was done with my two pending appointments actually.

I started recalling all that happened today: Mr Umar retiring, my talk with I.B, getting my dream job, the weird incident with that Alec-Ambrose guy and clearing our misunderstandings; all in 1 day. I went to take a hot bath and quietly went to bed.

Alec's POV

I took drunken Chizzy to the car. Luckily I didn't have much so I was I in a good condition to drive. I made him stay at the back while I drove.

"Guy, where were you? You missed and there's this weird but sexy girl that was looking for you saying something about you too almost hooking up so she gave her number to give you but unfortunately I lost it because I was off doing something I am trying to remember with another chick....." Chizzy said laughing at himself in a subconscious state. He must have had a lot to drink so the effect of the alcohol was taking its toll on him. I was used to things like this but today I didn't drink much so I wasn't tipsy.

"Well at least I'm still in my right state so that's an advantage for both of us" I said

"You're weird" he said and I couldn't help but laugh at his tone.

"I asked that DJ guy where you were and he said you were talking to that hot chick of a DJ so how did you guys go?" he grinned

"Did you hook up or something? I know you and its obvious you're a ladies man so tell me all the details because that explains why you two came back to the hall when the party was over"

I chose to ignore him. Yes, I was a ladies guy and I always took my job seriously but ever since that tragedy all I did was drink whenever I was free. I had a cold attitude with clubs because of all the memories i had with it but he didn't know about it yet and I didn't plan on telling anybody anytime soon.

When we got home, I took him to the bathroom and allowed him to get soaked with  cold water before he got sober. I took off my shirt and went to the living room to relax; although I had the smell of alcohol all over me.

I recalled what recently happened today. It was going to be stuck in my head because it was actually one of those rare moments where someone as atttactive I was felt stupid for a little action I performed; at the same time I solved the issue and it became something close to friendship. The funny fact is that I don't even know her name; I don't think I'll be able to see her again and the only thing I have is her contact and I don't even plan on talking to her anytime soon because I have a lot of things to do instead of concentrating on the stupid infactuation  I have for this stranger.

"Are you hungry?" Chizzy asked coming out with a pair of cleaning shorts on.

'Yes' I said
"And I'm not helping!!" I shouted

"Argghhhh" he groaned

I laughed then went to take a bath to reduce the stress I was  currently in at the moment. Chizzy fried yam and and warmed some left over stew for us. I went to bed and I knew I wasn't getting up anytime soon.

..............................................................................................................................

Avery's POV

"Gosh, its 6:00a.m already??? I groaned as I stopped my phone alarm. It's not been long since I fell asleep. This is so frustrating and I have a long day ahead of me; the earlier I finish the better. It was a Saturday so we were allowed to dress casually. I had my bath and wore a pair of blue jeans trousers and a blue T-shirt with black flats. I tied my hair up in a high bun and applied powder and lip gloss. I cleaned my car with a damp rag since it wasn't dirty and drank some coffee before driving to work. I had just two appointments and I wanted to make it quick.

Luckily, my first appointment arrived a few minutes after I logged in; we were done in less than 40 minutes. The second one was just a consultation so it didn't take time and I was done for that day.

"Sir, I am done for today, can I be dismissed?"

"Yes you can, happy weekend"

As I left the office, I noticed that some of Christie's gossip group members were discussing about someone and I eavesdropped a little.

"Oh my God, he's so hot and sexy and I can't believe we'll see him on Monday. Best part is he'll be working with us for a long time" Rebecca said out of excitement

"I'm telling you and I doubt I would be able to concentrate when he starts working here" Ruth said

They suddenly started squealing, I was getting frustrated and I couldn't stand it; didn't they enjoy their university lives to know better than to be daydreaming about men. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

I went to the store to get some groceries for the house. I have someone that goes to the market and gets foodstuffs from there so I hardly went to the market.

I got home and cleaned up the house; I washed up and cleaned up the place. I prepared Eguisi soup for the week and cleared up the kitchen.

By the time I was done it was already 12:45p.m so I had a quick bath and went back to bed.

I was woken up by my phone again and I noticed Ziri was calling for the past 10 minutes. I grumbled then realized it was 2:00p.m

"How long have I been asleep" I said as I quickly got up from my bed. My phone rang again and I picked up "Open your door" was what I heard and the call was cut.

I walked sluggishly to open the door and saw a frustrated Ziri standing outside "I am so sorry I slept off"

He walked in without saying anything

"What's wrong with you Avery?" He only called me my full name whenever he was angry.

I was quiet.

"You've been acting weird for days and you haven't even bothered to talk to me about it. What's going on? I thought we promised not to keep anything from each other?"

I saw the disappointed look in his eyes like a brother worried about his closest sibling and I felt tears running down and I just hugged him.

He returned the gesture.

"I promise to tell you everything but there are some things you would not discuss with anyone for my sake" I said

"What's going on?" He asked

"Its simple but complicated" I answered

"I'm all ears" he said

..............................................................................................................................
I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter
Please don't forget to vote and comment❤❤
#Arietoks.