Finally (for now)

Avery's POV

I tried my best to see who the person was but I wasn't successful and it would be out of line to leave my work and see who it was so I didn't bother. I saw so many familiar faces; I also saw Lola with a guy. She looked towards my direction but she was unable to recognize me because of the makeup I applied and this reminded me of my university days; a quiet introvert during school periods but once in a while I decided to let my wild side out. I balanced the two lifestyles so I wasn't affected.

The scent of the party was raised with alcohol and other drinks and I was feeling uncomfortable. "Al, I'll be back in five minutes" I said as I stepped out to get some fresh air. I went to get some water and take a break from the noise I was adjusting to. I started recalling all that happened this evening and I remembered the incident that took place between the cute guy and me; I really need to learn how to control my emotions before I get into deeper trouble, I must have looked like an idiot in front of him.

"Dimma, you need to loosen up yourself before you embarrass yourself once more" sometimes I wish Ziri was here to calm me down but I have to handle this on my own.
Ziri ia so going to kill me when he finds out all that has been going on.

After a few minutes of calming down I went back to the hall. I didn't pay much attention to the person in there when I went in then I noticed Al had company.

Without allowing me to settle down, he said "Hey DJ AIVY, put up nobody by DJ Neptune, its a special request". He said

"Okay, let me just get my head-"

I stopped as I turned around and locked eyes with the person I never thought I would see.

"My headphones" I said almost stammering. I decided to act normal and I played the song. I heard cheers from the people when the song started and most person were grinding on their partners.

Mr ITK a.k.a Al decided to introduce us

"DJ AIVY, this is-

"Alec Ambrose but you can call me Alec" he was cut off by the cute guy.

I chuckled a little then introduced myself

"I'm DJ AIVY" I replied

"I know but can I know your real name?" he asked

I was about to answer but Al beat me to it.

"She's sorry but we can't disclose our real name to any one it's part of our contract" he said in a cool manner.

"Oh okay" he said with no offense in his tune.

"DJ AIVY, please take over, I need to get something" Al said.

"Oh okay" (great I'm left alone with this guy)

We both didn't say anything till he broke the noisy silence.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier today" he said

"It's okay; I am also sorry for being rude to you, I wasn't in my right state and I took my frustration on you when you were only trying to help" I said shyly.

"Can we be friends?" He asked

"We just met" I said chuckling

"But we can still know each othef more if you're cool with it" he smiled

(Did I mention he had a nice smile? Well he does)

"Okay" I said smiling.

I was happy the misunderstanding was cleared between both of us and I could finally talk to someone apart from Al.

Al came back 45 minutes later but he was soaked and his breathing was fast; I had a stupid idea in my head about what he did but I kept my thoughts to myself.

"DJ ALC can you please take over; I want to have a little talk with your partner if you don't mind" Alec said

"It's alright besides the party would soon be over" he said giving me a wink.

He took my hand and we walked out of the hall.

Alec's POV

I can't believe it. I finally found the girl that has been on my mind by coincidence and our misunderstandings were settled a while ago. This actually made my night; its so frustrating but interesting; her identity remains a mystery because of a stupid contract and I won't want to be the reason she loses her job.

"So, can you tell me more about yourself?" I asked as we were walking through the car park.

"There are so many thinsg about me so be specific" she said as we were walking.

I noticed she blushed a little but I decided not to put more attention into it before it got more awkward.

"Okay, I don't want to get personal; why did you become a Disc Jockey?" I asked

She became quiet for a moment but she answered

"Well, let's just say I wanted to forget my problems rather than drinking or hooking up with any guy . I've always loved music so this was one of the many options I had but circumstances made me go for it. Thanks to this job, I can hide my true identity using makeup and I can come here to have it done to avoid any form of recognition which is safer. I have lots of person who dont like me around here".

"Wow" was all I said

"But why do you think people don't like you around here" I asked

"Let's just say I'm related to a very famous family and I'm not going into details" she replied

"My turn; you don't look like you're enjoying the party so what are you doing here" she asked out of curiosity

She was really observant and I already started liking her because of it.

"I wont lie, I do love parties but I wasn't in the mood for this one"

Her expression changed a little but I reassured her  "it wasn't the music that caused it; its just that my mind wasn't clear.

I noticed she tried to hide her face out of embarrassment.
I smiled a little and she broke the little silence we had

"So Alec-Ambrose, what do you do during the day time?" she asked

"We're doing private now aren't we" I teased

"Well let's just say I would officially resume my work as a manager at a hospital here in Abuja next week. how about you?"

"I am a medical professional but I can't disclose my place of work-"

"Because of the contract I know" I finshed off and smiled

"Thanks for understanding" she said

"No problem"

I was about to allow my curiosity get the best out of me but luckily her phone rang.

Avery's POV

We were still having our conversation when Allan called me.

'Hello'

"Ihedimma, the party is over; you need to come back, the manager wants to have a word with us before we go"

I said as I hung up.

I turned to Alec and said

"Well I gues sthis is goodbye"

"I know" he said slightly disappointed

He continued "Can we exchange phone numbers"

I was a bit hesitant but I gave him my second number to avoid him tracking me.

He gave me his number before we walked back to the hall.

When we got back, Alec went to find someone while I went to Al; the place was messed up and smelled like alcohol and I felt like throwing up but I was happy it ended in a nice way.

Hey,
Did you guys like this POV
I'm finally 16 and I posted two chapters at a go
I hope you enjoyed it
Don't forget to read vote and comment❤❤❤
I'm still praying for a 100 votes 😭😭😭😭😭
I hope you love the song 😄

Choices And AffairsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara