Passion for Gemstones

It had been weeks since I last talked to I.B; I wasn’t planning on talking to him anytime soon because of what happened between us.

I woke up by 10:00 a.m in the morning; yesterday was hectic, I had night shift today and I had to be at the office this evening. Apart from those, I was free for the rest of the day. I scrolled through my phone and got missed calls from my mum which was unusual.

We haven’t had a decent conversation for months now and I wasn’t bothered because we started drifting apart when I was in SS1 and 80% of our conversations  turned into arguments.

Whenever I attempt starting a conversation she either stops it ignores me or pays attention to something else.

I just gave up talking to her and I was a little surprised when she helped me gain admission and convinced my Dad to allow me go to Panama.

A little part of our relationship was fixed but that didn’t make it grow stronger and since I moved to Abuja we haven’t had a decent conversation since my first weekend in my apartment.
I called back and on the second ring she picked up.

‘She’s finally awake; it seems you no longer remember me’ she said

‘Mummy good morning I’ve just been occupied lately I’m sorry for not picking up your calls earlier’ I replied

‘It’s okay besides how has Abuja treated you so far’ she asked

‘It’s normal I wake up, go to work, come back, I stroll, swim and exercise so its all good’

‘That’s nice Ayden is coming over and the Uduikes were invited to the retirement of the CEO of  MAL Industries in Abuja along with Ziri’s parents on Friday evening. Dress code formal; see you soon honey'

‘Bye mummy’ I said as I hung up

One of the things you face being born into a renowned family are unnecessary red Carpet events. I’ve been attending them since I was 16. I never liked them because they were always boring and their aim was to show off their wealth.

I went through my phone and texted Ziri

Me: Have you heard?

Abnormal one🤧💝: If its that crap happening on Friday evening don’t remind me

Me: You’re almost 26 you should be used to this

Abnormal one🤧💝: You’re almost 24 so you should too

Me: I’ll be 24 next year and it isn’t anytime soon

Abnormal one🤧💝: Now stop the unnecessary argument and tell me what else has been going on in your life

Me: My life? you’re the one with the drama these days when are you going to pop the question?

Abnormal one🤧💝: Soon

Me: Okay tell Zara to come to my house by 12

Abnormal one🤧💝: Why?

Me: Girls Day out

Abnormal one🤧💝: Mia too?

Me: Obviously now bye

I called Mia and informed her of our plans and I also called Idara.

........   .......  .......

‘Hey girl’ Idara said as she walked in.

‘You look so familiar’ Zara said as she walked in.

‘Wait, you’re IDA from DOING IT WITH THE DJs right?’

‘Yes I am and you are’ Idara asked surprised