Two Strikes

Alec’s POV

I was in a hurry and lost in thoughts;  I didn’t know when I bumped into someone making me scatter my files everywhere.

‘I’m so sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going, she said as she quickly picked up my files from the floor.

‘No need to apologize it was an accident and I also wasn’t watching where I was going’ I said as I helped her get up and it was none other than Miss Avery.

‘Where are you going to in such a hurry this morning’ I asked

She felt so embarrassed then said something

‘I’m so sorry I was on my way to your office, and I was lost in thoughts before I accidentally bumped into you’ she said in a remorseful tune

‘It’s okay besides everyone makes mistakes’ I assured her.

‘Thank you’ she said as I told her to wait in my office while I dropped some files at the secretary’s office.

As I walked to the secretary’s office I started thinking of what just happened a few minutes ago; I had this feeling we had met somewhere but I just couldn’t recall. She also looked familiar but I just couldn’t remember who she reminded me of.

I quickly dropped the files, greeted Mia and went back to the office. ‘So Miss, what brings you here to my  office in such a hurry’ I asked her.

‘I’m so sorry for bothering you but I won’t be able to stay at work for long so I came to ask for your permission’ she said

‘What for’ I asked

‘I have a programme I need to attend that is really personal and important’ she said

It sounded a little suspicious to me

‘How important is this, cant it wait?’

The expression on her face was slightly funny because of the looks she gave me; she is definitely hiding something.

‘No sir it cannot, we were asked to be there before 4:30p.m; work closes by 4:00p.m and I don’t have much patients so I need your permission to allow me close early’

I was about to throw another question but the expression on her face showed that she was getting impatient so I dismissed her.

AVERY’s POV

This is his third week here and he’s already getting on my nerves;. For someone who sounded so sweet at the party he sure is curious in an annoying way.

I quickly got to my office to start my work when Mia came into my office and dropped some files on my table with a look on her face.

‘You look irritated’ she said

‘Your boss is annoying’ I said

She started laughing like crazy ( I’m not surprised why she and Ziri fell in love)

‘What did he do’ she asked

‘I went into his office to ask for permission to leave work earlier today’

‘And what did he do’ she asked

‘He was enjoying himself by annoying me’ I said

‘Isn’t that cute’ she said

I looked at her like she was crazy but continued from where I stopped

‘You needed to see the look on his face when he was asking those useless questions’