Decision

I started recalling what just happened a while ago. I was having mixed feelings of anger, annoyance, frustration, embarrassment, sadness and also satisfaction. The incident that took place could cost me me my job and I badly needed it. I seriously needed to cool off my anger so I decided to listen to music on my phone to help me calm down;when I was scrolling through the pictures on my phone, I saw the advertising I had snapped a few weeks ago and realised registration was still going on.

When I got home, I seriously thought about what was truly going on in my life. I realised that life is too short for me to have just a work Life and no other type. I needed to have some fun with myself and do crazy things I had the freedom to do at my age; I felt so unbalanced. I always assumed Ziri was joking whenever he would say I was becoming a workaholic at my young age and I just  realised I was actually turning into one because I always channeled my anger into working and I rarely interacted with my neighbours; I only talked to people I was familiar with on the phone and I hardly used my phone talk less of paying attention to social media so it was really getting to me.

I wanted to call Ziri and talk to him about working as an evening DJ but he might change the topic and make me do something else completely so I had to go this by myself and if it works out, I'll let him know as soon as possible.

I seriously thought about it then finally applied to the organizers. I had planned on going shopping anytime soon but I wasn't sure when at the moment. I had originally planned to shop thursday evening but I wasn't sure because we could have an impromtu meeting anytime. I wasn't going to be on night shift till Saturday so I had enough free time. My day was planned and I was wondering the consequences I was going to face tomorrow. I knew what happened was unethical but I'm glad I actually gave her something a little satisfying.

I took a walk around the Estate (places I could cover because it was really big) on my way back, I felt I was being followed; out of fear, I went to the Barbecue area, I stayed there for a while and bought some barbecue. Coming back, I noticed that same figure was following me. I walked faster and started running; the minute I got to my house, out of fear I was unable to open the door quickly so the minute I put the key into the hole the figure touched me. I tried screaming but my mouth was covered with strong hands. I was really scared, simultaneously trying to catch my breath and do something. I was unable to see his face because the sun was already down and I was  too scared to know who it was at that moment till the security lights at one of my neighbors' house came on.

The figure I saw in front of me, slowly uncovering my mouth was so different and honestly I didn't know what to say that could describe all his features at once. He was taller; 6'3 I presume, he had full afro black hair with curls but the sides were cut in style, his boyish features were mixed with his manly features which made him more handsome. He had dimples and slightly pink lips; his skin was lighter and smooth according to what I saw, he still had his cute brown eyes and to top it all he was very muscular.

'I.B' I said in shock and confusion."What on earth are you doing here?" I said but my voice was betraying me. I was dumbfounded as I continued staring at him. Its like all those feelings I had for him as a teenager were coming back to me. I came back to reality when he asked "Avery, are you okay?" he asked with concern in his eyes or maybe my eyes were betraying me. "Yes, yes I am" I said almost stuttering at my words. I got myself together and asked in a less caring time "So what are you doing here?" I asked. "I came here to start my own business and concentrate on my future so my parents made me come to Abuja; the place I least expected. What are doing here? I thought you lived in Port Harcourt" he asked. I suddenly remembered what made me come here but just said "I do but I decided to come to Abuja and have an independent life" "Wow, I am a little surprised; with the type of personality your parents both have, I never imagined you would ever leave that house till your wedding day" he said in a sarcastic manner. I looked at him with disgust and said rudely "so are you trying to say that I would spend the rest of my life depending on people?? That is where you got it all wrong and listen up; I have no idea what you are doing in this Estate but leave me alone" I said as  I turned immediately to open my door and grabbed my things. "No! I didn't mean it that way I am truly sorry for making you feel that way but please can we talk?" He said with remorse. "Okay we can but not today please? I have a lot of things going on in my head and I need a little space. I'll see you later" I said. Before I completely shut the door I heard "Thank you" and I found myself blushing.

What just happened out there! I can't believe I saw I.B after so many years. This is seriously the last thing I wanted at the moment. I just got out to clear my head just to get back home with extra problems. I completely forgot Ziri had told me that I.B was staying a few streets away from me. I must have passed his road and he must have spotted me. I was feeling guilty at the manner I talked to I.B earlier. "Gosh, why are all these things happening to me, why did I.B come into my life again? I had a little relief  because I thought I would never see him again". I just hope the feelings I had for him over 7 years ago were not  coming back especially during this period, when I'm on the verge of losing  my job. I silently cried to myself as I heated up the chicken I bought. My mind went back to the advert I snapped and I decided to go for it; at least I would enjoy myself with a little financial benefit.

I prepared my things for work and I felt guilty for keeping such  incident away from Ziri. He's a human being for crying out loud and he has his own problems to handle so its best I don't tell him till after tomorrow's event. I had to tell him sooner or later because Mia and Zara would surely find out tomorrow.

…..........................................................................................................................
Hey guys,
I'm so sorry for the late update
I've really been busy with other personal stuffs but I hope you guys liked the chapter
Do not forget to vote like and comment 💝💝💝💝