I.B

Ziri gave me my phone to answer an unknown number, when I had picked up the call, I heard 'Hello is this Avery' that voice sounded familiar and I knew who it was......I.B. 'Yes this is she, how can I help you sir' I replied. 'Oh, Avery this is I.B. I just called to ask how you were doing and I also called to let you know I'm back in Abuja' he said in a proud manner on the phone. 'Oh that's nice. Welcome back' I said in a less caring tune as I cut the call. Gosh, why on earth did he decide to come back now when I have already moved and I've already started a strong independent and normal life without anything holding me back? The last thing I wanted to go through were affairs of the heart and that really put me in a very difficult situation in the past; it was something that affected me very badly and left me broken and betrayed.

I attended Krista High School throughout my senior year; I started attending the school when I was in 10th grade and I had a crush on the famous Ibufubara Erick Boma. The handsome son of one of the well-known politicians, Tony Boma and I wasn't the only who had a crush on him; what normal teen girl wouldn't have a crush on him? Honestly, he was really intelligent and active in class, a good sport athlete and a class jester. I was always daydreaming about him in school till either Ziri or one of my friends would tap me back to reality before I go back to my work. I wasn't socially active in school but I was only social around people I was used to people like Ziri and some of my friends at school. Although I wasn't really social with some persons I always participated in Dance and music activities especially cheerleading. Second term in 10th grade was when puberty truly hit me. I noticed I started having curves, my breast and butt were becoming bigger and it was a little embarrassing for me; I was always confused because the girls in my school seriously prayed to have it when honestly it was annoying at times. I was in red house and I was unfortunate to have the sassy annoying girls in my house but I was lucky I had Ziri.

Ziri was another guy girls in school were dying for and it was mostly because he was a good athlete. As at then he was 6'1 or taller, so he was a good athlete figure. I was still happy we were together despite his athletic status. I.B was in blue house and he was also a good athlete so they were part of the guys girls in school were craving for. Being a cheerleader, with my developed body, guys got attracted to me; I liked it a little because I got a little attention from the guys and this made girls jealous but I never got involved with anyone.

When I entered SS2 I felt I.B was attracted to me in a way; we started getting close and I was deeply falling for him. He finally asked me out and I happily agreed. I really thought that was the best thing that happened to me (teen mind set) and I told my friends about it but out of jealousy some of them started avoiding me. The true friends that stayed with me were Amanda and Iyin; they both had a crush on Ziri and I.B respectively but still stayed by my side. Little did I know dating I.B was just a plan to ruin me.

He called me to meet him at the back of the dining hall after dinner. We had already started getting involved and he was my first kiss but we never crossed limits until that period. I went to meet him, and after saying we were safe he started kissed me passionately and his hands moved to places they weren't supposed to; I shook a little but he whispered to me telling me to relax and I did so although I was feeling uncomfortable. I thought I could trust him but I was being too naive. He put his hands into my shorts and started feeling my butt and my curves; he took off my shirt and unclasped my bra leaving me bare. He took off his shirt and shorts and pressed me unto him kissing my neck and every part of my body. He did so many things I never thought I would allow until he tried to put me in a position for sex and that was where I stopped him before anything was lost as a result of the heat of the moment. He was a frustrated then apologized. Out of embarrassment, I quickly put on my clothes and left the area to avoid getting caught by the school authorities; We started avoiding each other after that day and when I tried talking to him he always found an excuse to avoid me until I heard some of our classmates talking about a viral video in class.

Out of confusion I asked what they were watching and the girls looked at me with disgust in their eyes. Fiona, one of the girls who hated me because I was dating I.B showed me the video of what happened between I.B and I behind the dining hall. I was so shocked, confused, embarrassed and felt used at the same time. He said no one knew about us being in that area so how come. She looked at me and said "Well I guess madam Innocent has finally been exposed. I cannot believe I was actually jealous of you; well you just proved to us that you are nothing more than a cheap girl who is ready to give herself to anyone at anytime. Its quite unfortunate because currently I still wander if you're still a virgin or a good for nothing slu-" I slapped her on the face real hard before she completed her sentence. All eyes were on us and I stormed out of the class bumping into I.B; I gave him a serious glare but he did not react and walked away. I was so embarrassed and I could not report to any school authority. Such acts like dating and any form of intimacy were prohibited and if you were involved in doing such acts or keeping it to yourself without reporting you could get into a lot of trouble so the video was kept within the students.

I didn't know what to do so I went to talk to Ziri (he's always there for me whenever I need him) and I told him what had happened; he was a little disappointed and I don't blame him because he had a bad feeling against I.B and I didn't tell him what I.B and I did behind the dining hall. "I'll show that idiot what its like to be humi-" I stopped him begore he did something crazy. "Are you okay? It has already happened and I don't want you getting involved with this rubbish ; its just the video that is making me seriously uneasy" I sobbed. "Don't worry i'll get rid of the video" he said. I thought he was saying that to make me feel better but he truly did and I'm forever grateful for that. I still don't know how he did it but I assumed he had connections and it worked but whenever I ask him how he did it he avoids the question and I noticed it got him angry so I stopped bothering him and forgot about it since then till now...............