Chapter 5- CAN IT BE ME ?

PREVIOUSLY :
Seeing shenaaz stuborness sidharth asked , “Shenaaz do I look a joke to you . Why you have to contradict my every action .just why didn’t you answer my calls .And why you have to just go and get touchy with every other guy I see ?
Shenaaz ,let me ask you this Mr. shukla , “so , do I look like a slut to you .With how many guys have you seen me sleeping with  ? or you also want to sleep with me ?.”
Sidharth : Wait..….what?shenaaz gill stop getting me wrong .Why do you have to spit rubbish whenever we have a conversation .Can’t you talk a bit maturely ? I don’t know where do you get these stupid ideas? I ….you think I want to sleep with you…how rediculous . Do you have any idea how much worried I was . I called you multiple times but you didn’t bother to pick your call , I thought something might happened to you.
Don’t you read news ,lately there have been cases of kidnapping .And my god you are such a sensible girl to leave your number and adress to a stranger and allow any random guy to lift and kiss you, you  sure are quite open minded for this generaton .Don’t you have any sense of security.Why do you always have to make me worry …..why ?who are you to do so ?

Shenaaz : “Look who is talking about maturity Mr. sidharth shukla !! who just smashed my phone because I didn’t answer his bloody damn call .for your kind information Mr.shukla my phone was on silent and I tried calling you back but you didn’t answer.The moment you saw me you dragged me from there like you caught your girlfriend cheating,you didn’t even let me explain my situation , you just made me loose  my face in front of my friend and yes  I don’t hang out with every random guy .let me tell you Mr.shukla neirther all guys wants sex nor all girls are naïve .what do you think how a orphane like me survived these 24 years of my life ,I know the difference between lust and love . I don’t need to learn from you .And wait what? I make you worried ? Mr shukla its been less than 24 hours since we have known each other ……May I know exactly how do I make you worry .Its really hard for me to believe….even my birth parents who abandoned me never once have worried about me ……so who the hell are you ?

Shenaaz was boiling with anger as in her entire life except jojo she has never given anyone any right to question her actions .She always tried to lead her life with full dignity and pride so that no one can question her integrtiy.
Sidharth : Me …who am I to you ? Even I don’t know the answer to that question .But I think……I like you. I have known you for less than 24 hours but I think for me…..it is enough to know about the  feelings I have for you .
“And I hate it when someone touches my thing . Shenaaz why you are always on guard against me ?what are you afraid of  ?Are you afraid from me or from yourself that you will fall for me or are you afraid that I will leave you ?-that’s what he wanted to ask Miss gill,but being an introvert his relevation on liking shenaaz gill was enough for now  .”
Shenaaz : ohk so what if you like me ……..wait ?what….You like me ?and why do you have to like someone like me  ?Are you high or something.
Shenaaz for no reason was blushing hard and suddenly when her eyes fell on sidharth’s feet she just couldn’t control her laughter.She was pinching herself to control her luaghter,but she miserably failed in it and  finally succeeded in making the situation more awkward between them .

Sidharth suddenly pulled his car .
Shenaaz , “Mr. shukla can’t you drive smoother and why did you suddenly stopped the car”
Sidharth :  Shenaaz if you plan to spend your whole night in the car you can happily live here . I won’t stop you . I have to go up because mom is waiting for me .And how did you managed to top in your class , you really suck at analysing the situation around you . I mean how can you be so dense and laugh when someone is putting his heart in front of you .and please for god’s sake can you stop calling me Mr.shukla ,it seems you are adressing some old hag.
Sidharth was really pissed , Although he was’t expecting shenaaz to reciprocate his feelings but he wasn’t expecting her to laugh him off . This was really annoying  for him .
Shenaaz wanted to explain the reason behind her uncontrable laughter but before she could speak …..he stepped out of  the car and rushed in the buiiding in anger .
Shenaaz ,in her mind thinking , “Abb mainei toh roknei ki koshish ki par nahi rukka , jyada aag lag rahi thi isko ghar pahuchnei ki ,theek hai jaa syaapakhana karwaalei  apni bezzati puri building mei . Kya ukhad liya itnei passei kamakei jab joker bankei hi ghumna tha toh .”

Meanwhile ,sidharth wasn’t able to find about why people were staring him like he was some madman .Anyway he was less botherd by what they were thinking .
when he entered jojo’s apartement –Jojo and Mr.secretary couldn’t stop laughing and Mr. secretary was lying on ground and he couldn’t seem to control his laugh.
Sidharth : Mom …..can you please stop laughing. I can’t get why everyone is laughing on me. Firstly it was shenaaz ,then those weird building people and now you .Can you tell me what’s so funny . And my dear secretary I am fully capable of dugging your grave where you are lying ,so get up before I get my hands dirty with  your blood and you know that I don’t give empty threats .
Upon hearing this the laughing jolly face of the Mr. secretary turned pale and now he took rescue under the ‘Mrs. supreme court’ ( jojo ) the ultimate shield .
Jojo : Sidharth…..kyu bachei ko darra raha hai ismei uss beecharei ki kya galti hai ek toh khud bandar bankar ghum raha hai upar sei …humei hasnei kei liyei mana karr raha hai .
Mr. secretary behati ganga mei hath dhothei huyei……. “sahi kaha appnei aunty ji”.
Let me explain the reason sir by giving two facts that why people are laughing on you -
Fact no . 1 – ek toh appkei baal jo bhikarei padei hai .
Fact no. 2  and that’s the funniest part ,JOJO nods in agreement
Please note it down sir that in one foot you are wearing shoes and in another foot slippers .
Suggestion – Sir I don’t think you got caught by paparazis but just in case do you want me to check it with the P.R. departement so that they can control any of your joker like pictures to get out ?That’s all for todays briefing sir .Thank you and have a nice day .I hope you get  all the answers by now sir .Now please excuse me, mujhei daal mei tadka lagana hai ,while making his way towards the kitchen and jojo said “yes Mr. secretory go ahead and please I would prefer the daal bit spicy ,thank you Vishal betei .”
Sidharth was totally embarresed as he literally travelled the whole town looking like this .
Mr.secretary wait a minute where do you think you are going ,Am I a joke to you ?and How many times do I have to tell you to remove this stupid suggestion thing from your facts briefing format . Have you completed that report ?

Mr. secretary , “ofcourse , yes sir even though I am not as smart as you but still I am UCLA graduate .It was nothing for me .Just a piece of cake .”
Sidharth , “I knew it ,you won’t disspoint me ,but what to do I think 10 years of analysis report won’t be enough just make it 50 years .I know my dear secretary you can do it ? what are you waiting for… run do your work .You love to poke your nose in other people’s business ,now go poke you nose in ‘THE SWOON’s 50  years old data files  ,all the best .And yes the deadline is 24 hrs .”
Mr.secretary knew sidharth was bullying him but what he could do ,he said –Sir what about daal ka tadka ?
Shenaaz was listening to their conversation and interupted “Vishal tu jaa apna kaam karlei ,I will handle the rest of the kitchen work and let me know if you want my help in the data work?”
Mr. secretary : thank you shenaaz for helping me in the kitchen …..and you don’t need to worry about the company work ..I can do it on my own .
Mr . secretary to himself –“shenaaz ye sab teri help karnei ki hi wajah sei hi toh ho rahaa hai . Mr.possesive apnei personall grudges professionally handle kar rahei hai”.

Shenaaz was bit surprised as suddenly Vishal started talking to her formally and was wondering why did this happen ?when suddenly Sidharth asked her “ why didn’t you tell me earlier?”
Shenaaz  asked , “Tell you what earlier?” while controlling her laughter .
Sidharth , “shenaaz don’t act dumb ,I know you did this intentinally ,you wanted me to put down .”
Shenaaz –“Excuse me ! Mr. shukla ……I mean Sidhharth ….yei sahi hai apni dono taangon mei jootei aur chapal tu pehen kei gaya ,baal tunei khud hi nahi banayei aur  joker bankar purei sehar mei tu ghuma aur sara bil mujpar phaad raha hai …….waah .kya baat kyaa baat sahi hai .”
And from another corner Mr.secretary couldn’t control himself and completed the whole song with shenaaz.
(lol the secretary really has got no chill )
Sidharth : Can you guys cut the crap ,its really annoying .and mr. secretory either be ready with the report or handover your resignation .And this time I am dead serious .
Shenaaz – totally ignoring the arrogant outcast (sidharth )and went to her jojo’s room and hugged her very tightly .
Jojo : how was your day beta ? why do you look so pale ,did something happen?did you cry ?do you have fever …medicine li tunnei ?
Shenaaz : Jojo, can you stop worrying about me  . I am totally fine and healthy .I had a wondeful day ,I enjoyed a lot .today was a fun day. But apnei toh apni medicine li na ? I called Dr.Ahuja and briefed him about your day to day routine .There is a change in your diet schedule he said he will send it to me by tommorow . and also Jojo do  you remember my friend who used to play hockey at state level ?
jojo-yes ,what about him ?
shenaaz- Jojo he got selected for indian national hockey team .and I am so happy for him .Usei ajj hi pata chali yei news…...He is really a very nice guy .
Jojo – oh wow …that’s an amzing news .So are you guys finally going out ?and yes Sidharth Gaya tha na ajj terei ko lenei?jab woh tujhei lenei jaa raha tha toh badi jaldi mei gaya ? bahut ghabraya hua lag raha tha …kuch hua tha kya ?Are you guys getting along?
Shenaaz : Shenaaz started fumbling,Ha wooh…wooh sidharth ayei thei mujhei lenei …nahi jojo kya hoga …kuch toh nahi hua .And see everthing is alright .App bhi na jojo and please jojo can you stop being a cupid . I told you hundred times that I am not interested in dating. Ohk bye…….jojo let me see what’s going in kitchen….bahut bhukh lagi hai.when I wil arrange the dinner table I will call you  .
shenaaz was lying to her jojo ….she wasn’t able to face her …but she didn’t want to disturb her jojo by tellling what happened between her and sidharth .
Sidharth was working on some project when he saw there was someone videocalling him ,he confirmed with Mr. secretary that whether there was any online video conference scheduled with any client ,but mr. secretary denied .So he decided to check himself who it was and was amused by the called id . The caller was none other than Mrs .shukla his mother(this is what indian mother’s are pro at ….doing video calls …lol  ) .He took his phone with him and went in her room and asked “mom what are you doing ?this is not at all funny to me ?”
Jojo replied in stern voice  “I know ,did I ask you to laugh ?That means I am not joking .and this is how me and shenaaz communicate its way more fun than talking face to face and you can use filters as well .”
Sidharth : Alright so……tell me the reason…..app mujhsei kyaa baat karna chahti hai ……because agar apko entertainement chahiyei hota toh aap Apni shenaaz ko call karti ?
Jojo : ha yei toh baat sahi hai …..you are too boring to talk with  .Anyway on a serious note I want to ask you something.Did anything  happen between you two ?  I have never seen you worried for any girl  like this? Don’t get me wrong …….But by chance do you have any feelings for her ?
Sidharth : I will be lying if I say no ,I don’t want to lie from you .i have indeed different feeling for her which I am still figuring out . I and shenaaz have an argument in the morning ..did she said something to you .
Jojo : No she didn’t . I neither want to control your life nor shenaaz’s life .And its totally fine if you feel something for her , I am not going to oppose you .But  I can’t ignore the fact that you have different temprament than shenaaz. Sometimes you become overprotective ,but my dear son before protecting that person  you should ask the person if she wants to be protected or not ?
Shenaaz is a very sensitive girl ,if she is sad,she will laugh more to make the person with her at ease .Even though she is very vocal about how she feels ,she won’t show her cries because she thinks showing one’s vulnerability is sign of weakness and people can take advntage of that .
I will just tell you one thing, “you have to be resposible for your actions towards shenaaz .I totally believe on my upbringing but you are not allowed to toy with her feelings.”
Sidharth : alright mom …I get your point .Can I go back to work ?
Jojo: Sidharth …..do give me  your relationship status update and let me know if I can be of any help . I will help you pursue shenaaz .It will be so blissfull to have her as my bahu . Oh my god …… I am so happy !!!
Sidharth : Mom you are a real flipper …..just few seconds ago you were giving me warnings and now you want to play cupid .You really have so much free time in your hand .
Shenaaz calls everyone for dinner .
Sidharth comes and pulls chair for shenaaz to sit and this gesture of Mr.arrogant makes Mr.secretary choke on his food .
Shenaaz is surprised as well and sarcastically asks vishal if they hed already started drinking without her , maybe this is the reason why sidharth is behaving so weird .
Even though sidharth is annoyed by this statement  but  he gets super happy when he hears shenaaz adresssing him informally .(choti choti khusiyaan for shukla ji….aww )
Everyone is done with the dinner and currently having wine except shenaaz  and jojo ,who are having  hot milk with haldi  .and the ambience is so good with a light music .The room is filled with laughters . Everyone is cracking jokes including Mr.arrogant who is now a bit tipsy .
Suddenly shenaaz’s phone is bombarded with lots of messages.and she chirply says jojo do you want to listen an amazing news ?
Jojo asks , “ what it is?”
Shenaaz – Mrs menon is transferred to the farthest branch of our college .now it seem  ‘bhagwaan kei ghar mei der hai par andher nahi’ .Serves her right that bitch .
Jojo : Shenaaz ,you shouldn’t be like this .She was your teacher .and its none of our business if she gets transferred or not .But I wonder how is this possible? Her husband is one of the board members .
Mr secretary without realising says,  “it’s a piece of cake for my boss .”  Sidharth thinks , “He really should appoint a new secretary as this one is very spontaneous”.
While both sidharth and Mr secretary gets a scolding .
Shenaaz jumps in the fiery pit and challenges sidharth that is this the only thing he can do ,as a leading business man he should have used his power to destroy that bitch .
Sidharth says , “yeah ,I know…..i should have done something grand to teach that ‘plastic’ proffesor  a lesson but suddenly mom’s angry face flashed in front of me .So I restrained myself from doing that holy deed .”
Shenaaz noded in sympathy…..that “its ohk sidharth,you did a great job .I am proud of you”and the both shared a high five .
Jojo :shenaaz….i know why you are sympathising with him . I got a phone call from Director sir saying that you spread a rumour that director sir wears wig and he is hella angry with you .
Shenaaz : He was the one who started it ………I know he is your khabri who reports my every action to you ……….and you know mai revenge leti hu.
Mr. secretary (adat sei majboor interupted ) – Yes aunty …..also its not a rumor but a fact that he is bald .He lost his hair at a very early age due to applying weird hair products .
Shenaaz : wow ,you have lots of information on him but how ?
Mr. secretary: Actually Its our boss’s rule that whenever we are supposed to deal with a stranger ….hum uski janam patri nikal letei hai with all his weakness.tumhaari bhi nikali thi .
Sidharth tries to stop that idiot secretary but his efforts become futile .He really regrets hiring him .
Shenaaz: So Mr. Shukla what is my weakness ?
Sidharth : There is none Ms gill . that’s why  you are here together with me .
Jojo - ohk guys stop making the atmosphere gloomy and tense .Just relax .You guys should smile more when you get the  

chance as no one knows what might your future holds . Just take my example I might die tommorow .Vishal beta can  you help me reach my room…….I think I need rest .
Vishal – yeah sure aunty .Here (While offering his hand ) let me help you .
Shenaaz –So, Mr.shukla can be really ruthless……transfering the professor in a blink ,background checking people……wow you have so many shades in you . Now you seem very frightening . Because I don’t know when you will use my weakness against me and destroy me .
Sidharth : Do you have the hobby to exagerate things .Even animals destroys their enemies before it destroy them or their family ,that’s the jungle rule .and about desteroying you ….i can’t even dream of it .I know the span of time we have known each other is very very short ……but I think you are right person for me .
Shenaaz ,I know you respect me …… and i have hurt you multiple times in this short span….but can it be me ? Your first ?
Will you allow me to protect you ?will you Marry……??
Before he could complete his sentence he heard Mr secretary shouting from Jojo’s bedroom ,both of them rushed towards the direction of sound and there she was lying on the ground .
Mr secretary –Sir I…..aunty asked for water,when I came back she was already like this ….i don’t know what to do sir .
Mr. secretary was crying his eyes out .
Shenaaz shouted , “move away , I think it’s seizure .Sidharth immedietly call the  ambulance and vishal pass me the pillow .”
She immedietly put the pillow under jojo’s head and asked vishal to note down the time length of seizure .
The ambulance was there within 15 minutes .shenaaz informed  sidharth that she will be accompanying jojo in ambulance .
Sidharth said that I will be taking the cab then since I had few drinks .He saw shenaaz ,who managed the whole situation calmly was now trembling and was out of breath .Before he could ask what happened to her she went in the ambulance .
Jojo –was taken into I.C.U.
Shenaaz was still breathing heavily and was all sweaty .
Dr .Ahuja observing shenaaz in that condtion he was worried about her , “Hey ….monalisa are you alright? Why are you like this ?”
But before he could ask any further questions shenaaz grabbed him by his collar and started screaming , “You said she will be fine ,you said it was a small tumour then why ?why she’s like this?whatever you instructed me I did it without skipping any step ,so why is she in this conditon ?”
Before shenaaz beat the shit out of Dr.Ahuja ,Sidharth ran towars the I.C.U ward upon hearing the commotion .
He grabbed shenaaz in his arm and huged her tightly .
Sidharth –please calm down shenaaz mom will be ohk .nothing will happen to her .
Shenaaz , “sidharth please…..please…save my jojo , I won’t be able to live without her” .  Shenaaz was sobing  continously and suddenly she fainted from all the exhaustion.
It seems that she was very  tired…..fighting all alone .The only person whom she could return to was in I.C.U. . Is god really that brutal ?
They say , “life has many ways of testing a Person’s will ,either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once”.
Let’s see how  destiny will  find a way to rescue shenaaz and sidharth from their despair ?