Chapter 16 Thousand miles away

Thousand miles away

Shenaaz woke up with a headache .She didn't realise when she slept and in her half awaken  state she was trying to find sidharth beside her , while moving her hand on Sidharth's side of bed , she recalled  that Sidharth already left for Canada yesterday . She groaned while trying to find her slippers through the slits of her swollen eyes . She made her way to the bathroom and decided to take a warm bath to relax her mind and  body .
She then went to look in the kitchen for food as her stomach was growling .The corridor was queiter  than usual ,there were only 2-3 helpers who were engaged in cleaning the garden area .

She entered then in kitchen only to see a note on the fridge , it was from pooja maa .
The note said that all the kitchen staff and herself will resume their duties after Sidharth's return ,because they work for him only .

Shenaaz -yeah sure you can do that ...I don't mind . But why this looks so cold,anyway let's begin the search for the cooking ingredients.
Shenaaz didn't mind as having a whole staff of 10 people only for cooking was really too much for her . She was happy that she finally got some personal space , so that she can cook her favourite dishes .
The pantry was full of colorfull vegetables, variety of breads ,and cheeses .She decided to had a glass of warm milk and grilled sandhwhich.
She cooked the sandhwhich in no time ,and went in her study to plan her day .

She thought to go through her mails .There was mail from The  swoon and Naaz N.G.O ,but what caught her attention the most was a creepy mail with subject as ' to my little lamb' .
When she opened her mail ,she just couldn't stop smiling ,it was her hulk .While reading the whole email which was literally described  , every small detail about Sidharth's movement  from India to Canada ,with small information like how Vishal irritated him to how some girls wanted to flirt with him ,but he restrained himself was written in it .

Her face turned crimson red while reading the mail and unconsciously she was rubbing her cheeks,and covering her mouth .
Finally at the end of the mail when there was mention of her bodyguard Ali , only then she realised that she was  behaving like a teenager.

Shenaaz'sp.o.v - You have finally gone nuts shenaaz . No one can save you ,the phase of singlehood has ended and now is the time to loose your  sleep for love .You are doomed .

Those hands which were earlier massaging her cheeks , suddenly slapped her to get a grip ,before she looses her mind .
Come into senses shenaaz , get your lazy ass to work .

She star marked the mail from sidharth ,took a screenshot and saved on her phone (these two are like dumb and dumber ,no one can save them ) .

She then checked the message sent by The swoon stating that she has been appointed as an assistant manager for the company's artist and her job  would be to make sure that artist follows the schedule and the interns will be briefed more in their orientation .

She was very optimistic about her work as intern because the task which not only involved the use of her knowledge for her subject but also was related to music . She was very happy .
Tha mail from Naaz Ngo only added ,more happiness in her basket as they were also giving their volunteers a tour to their Mumbai branches ,so that they can familiarise, with their founding members and the locality .
Although Naaz N.G.O was new ,but their growth and outreach was amazing . Unlike some so called NGOs these were the ones who were   transforming the lives of children in not only Mumbai but around the globe  ,their aim was  quality education for every  child .Shenaaz was able to learn so much about them ,because she was once a campus ambassador in her college for Naaz .Not only the employees but also the founders were also actively involved in the field activities they conducted in punjab and that's what caught shenaaz attention .

After she completed reading and taking notes ,she dialled Jojo' number.
It's  been more than 72 hrs ,since she heard her Jojo's voice .
The ring was going ,and it.took some second when someone answered the call but from the voice shenaaz realised that it was not jojo .
Shenaaz , "May I please talk to Rita Shukla ,I am her shenaaz ."
The other person on the phone , in a very serious tone replied , " She is sleeping .May I know what's  your relationship with her ?."

Shenaaz was disappointed to know that her jojo  was sleeping , she really wanted to hear her voices but what she can do ," I am her daughter- in- law ,if you don't mind can you please inform her about this call .Thank you ,  sorry for the inconvenience and please take good care of her ."

The other person on the phone,in excitement replied , "Oh my god ,so finally I got the chance to hear the voice of shenaaz Gill ,about whom I heard so much about .You know every now and then I get scolded just because my food doesn't taste like yours .My god !! I can't believe it , it's like a fan moment .Your jojo can't stop  talking  about you .And that jerk also won a lottery after marrying you ,I thought he won't be able to find his match given his foul and angry young man personality .May be I was wrong .He got himself way more than a decent wife. I am impressed , finally he is settled .I would really love to meet you in future ."she just ranted everything in single breath .

Shenaaz was so  confused ,as the person she was talking to ,just had same thoughts as her about the Mr. Hulk , she replied , " The way you are talking and praising sidharth ,I guess you are his eldest sister . Namaste ,didi it was  my pleasure to talk to you .I hope we can get along in future .I also heard alot about you from jojo ."
The other person on the phone - "I am really sorry in excitement I forget to introduce myself .Namaste ,my cute bhabhi I am Nitu Shukla Srivastava .
I am a news anchor , and I have one daughter ,I am supper happy to get a gossip buddy .I will tell you loads of embaressing moments of Sidharth Shukla ."
Shenaaz was just giggling listening to her sassy and cool Nanad , "Ha didi ,you don't need to feel sorry .
I am guilty  for not contacting you earlier . I should have greeted you first .I will love to  hear some funny stories  about sidharth so that I can use them as my guard ."
Nitu - yes, bhabhi since we are in the  same team ,I will call you more oftenly and Mom is doing fine .The good news is her body is showing positive response towards the treatement ...let's hope for the best .
Alright shenaaz it was so nice talking to you .The nurse is calling me ,I have to go now .
Shenaaz - Sure di . I loved talking to you .Have a great day ahead .
Shenaaz ended the call while keeping her cell phone near her chest ,holding iit tightly .
She was very overwhelmed by Nitu's reaction she loved the warmth she was getting from her new family .She was liking every ounce of the attention she was getting from Shukla's .They were treating her like their own .

Shenaaz suddenly realised that it's been afternoon already , she thought instead of cooking ,she would grab her regular wrap from subway and will get her items of need .

She took her phone and immediately booked a cab to nearest  stationary store which was 30 minutes drive away .

Shenaaz tucked her hair into a pony tail ,and went down to get the cab .
As the cab reached and she was about to open her car doors ,suddenly a giant man swiftly pushed her aside ,said something to the driver and turned towards shenaaz with a poker face .

Shenaaz felt that the face of the guy seemed familiar and after seeing his large muscles she realised ,that the man was Ali , her model cum guide cum bodyguard .

Ali , "Good Evening ma'am ,I am Ali Khan ,the head of the security departement of The swoon ,who has been assigned to you ,to escort you ."

Shenaaz was irritated, she had already paid for her cab ,which this big idiot sent away .Was he going to return her 175 rupees .

Shenaaz ,"Mr. Ali I can go to the store by myself .You don't need to go along with me ."
Ali ,"sorry ,but I can't do that ,unless you want me to resign  ."
Shenaaz knew that he wasn't lying as Sidharth could easily fire this poor guy with big muscles ,and she didn't want anyone who seemed  innocent to resign  because of her .
Shenaaz - "Alright, you can come with me but only if you promise to not to wear black clothes and don't call me ma'am, please ."

Ali hesitated for a while before answering , ...ohk ! shenaaz .”
Shenaaz gave him her hand for handshake and said , “it's nice meeting you Ali and I am shenaaz.”

Somehow Ali seemed lost ,more precisely he was confused by Shenaaz' s outgoing nature .Wasn't all girls supposed to be afraid of him because of his  big muscles, broad shoulders , a big black cobra tatoo on his hand .So why this girl was behaving so normally .”

Shenaaz again called him Mr . Ali , come out from your lala land . Atleast shake hands, for our association .
Mr. Ali – ohh !! I am really sorry shenaaz . I am glad to meet you .
Shenaaz - And so do I ,  let's go man !!.... To have some fun.....but wait are we going to walk upto the shop. Ali , I really don't have the energy .If I die while walking please put lots of chocolate in my grave .
Ali chuckled , but right after microseconds suddenly his face again turned stone , he replied , " you won't die . We are going to take car with us ."
Shenaaz , " Mr. Bear ,you smiled .....right  ? You looked so cute . Do you think you look cool with your poker face .... you do but still !! Anyway let's go and explore ! ."
Ali just stared at her running like a humming bird here and there . He muttered ," What a troublesome girl” and followed her .
They went to the stationary shop first and shenaaz got herself some use and throw pens and a notepad .
Ali was shocked  – Is that it ? Didn’t we come here to shop ?
Shenaaz – Sorry for the bother but precisely I came to get fresh air , I did buy these . And don’t be a sissy ,it was  you who insisted to tag along . I didn’t have my lunch yet , lets grab something to eat for us first ,  before fighting .
Ali – I am speechless . Wait ! I will call others . They haven’t eaten anything as well .Guys come out we are done for today .
Suddenly a total of 10 men came out of nowhere ,wearing all black ,startling shenaaz .
Shenaaz – Hey! Where did these guys came from .Are these people shooting for men in black ? Is this some kind of hidden camera prank ?
Ali – No. 5 ,Locate a nearest 5 star resturant ,Mrs shukla wants to have lunch .
Shenaaz – Wait ! Mr khan ,we can grab something from nearest subway ,why go to a five star and do tell me who are these people .
Mr.Ali – Your husband wanted us to provide you with full security . He initially appointed 50 people for your 24*7  protection but somehow he changed his plan and formed this team including me .
Shenaaz P.O.V – That Mr hulk…...,khud toh chala gaya . Mujhei yaha 11 anjaan logo kei sath chodh gaya .Ab kya mai inkei saath kabaddi khelu . Tu bus land kar mainei tera juloos na nikala toh mere naam Shenaaz gill shukla nahi .Isnei naam bhi bada kar diya !
Shenaaz – Hello everyone ,Mujhei bilkul nahi pata tha iss baarei mei . Sorry for being a bother . Since ,my husband has loads of money ,I should treat you guys for your help .Mr . khan please do the  V.I.P reservations for 12 people .Today lunch is on me . And ask them to send the bill to my dear husband .
Lets go guys ,Its time to stuff our face with something delicious .
Everyone was hooting for this kind and generous gesture by shenaaz before Mr. Ali  interrupted  , “Everyone ! In attention…..Head back to your jeeps now . And Shenaaz they get paid for what they do . As the  Head of security , I can’t allow you to treat them”.
Shenaaz , “ If it is so , so as The head of shukla household I can’t allow your security team to guard me .Do you get it and let me tell you I am way more stubborn then I look .So don’t test my patience .”
Mr. khan – ohk I get it .Guys bring your jeeps  and follow me .
All of them nodded with a big smile on their faces ,Thanks shenaaz and went towards their jeep .
It took them 20 minutes to reach the Hotel and 60 minutes to eat their lunch .
Shenaaz just opted for a regular sandhwhich and asked all the security staff to have whatever they wanted .Mr.Khan chose black coffee with no sugar and sat beside shenaaz .
Shenaaz was counting . Mr khan was confused , “Now , what are you  doing ?”
I am waiting for my dear husband to call , “I have swiped his card and its showtime,lets see how is he going to handle this blow .”
Mr khan smirked , “ You don’t seem to know Mr. shukla at all do you ?”
Shenaaz – What is that for…..can’t you speak using more words .
Mr khan , “ you hardly spend 12000 rupees .And you want him to get irritated by your overspending . Will you believe if I tell you , his favourite drink cost more than this .You should try more harder ,My dear lady .”
Shenaaz whose plan just failed ,while sidharth still managed to reply with ‘a love emoji and replied Enjoy your day bunny !’ made shenaaz more pissed .Anyway atleast she treated the people who worked hard for her.
Everyone got out of the hotel and prepared for shenaaz’s return .
Shenaaz – Mr. Khan I want to drive jeep .
Mr . khan – A very big no !
Shenaaz with a puppy face in front of all the guards , “plz Mr. khan …I never imagined you woul be this cruel .”
Everyone was looking towards their boss ,as it seemed they were trying to convince him .
Mr. Khan – Alright ! But it is for the last time when I am entertaining this kind of request Mrs.Shukla .
Shenaaz while hitting his bicep , “ Hey! Come on dude !  Can’t we be friends ,why are you trying so hard to frighten me .It’s enough .”
Mr.khan who was shocked didn’t utter a word and went to passenger’s seat .
It took 1 hr for them to return back to the bungalow .
Shenaaz – Do you guys want to drink coffee ? The weather seems to be bit cloudy and best for sipping coffee with some home made chocolate chip cookies and let me tell you ,my speciality is baking . It’s a kind request ,while looking at the dense Mr. khan .
Everyone seemed excited to say yes , again but they were waiting for Mr.khan’s approval.
Mr.khan , “Why are you guys staring at me . I don’t think I can deny the invitation of Mrs shukla .”
Shenaaz was happy and she invited everyone in .The guards were amazed to see the interior of the house .
Shenaaz – Please be comfortable everyone . I am gowing to brew some coffee . You can read the magzines to pass your time .They have some comics as well .
Shenaaz went into the kitchen , brewed coffee and took out some cookies which she baked in punjab .
Before she could take the tray out in the hall , two things came unexpected ,first one was sidharth’s video call and second was Mr. khan .
She asked Mr.Khan to carry the tray .While Mr.khan got  perplexed on shenaaz’s demand but he still managed to get the tray out .
Shenaaz answered the video call .
Sidharth – Hey Shenaaz ! Whats up . How are you doing ?
Shenaaz – Mai toh bahut achi hu , I have only 10 people around me 24*7….. mujhei kya hoga ,anyway tum kaisei ho ? You look tired .
Sidharth –  I am doing fine ,its just lots of work .I am trying to finish the job asap so that I can be with you .He ! why are you in kitchen ? where is other cooking staff and where is pooja maa?
Shenaaz – oh ! didn’t you give them vaccation ?
Sidharth was surprised ,he asked Mr.secretary to call the head maid and check .
Sidharth – shenaaz , from where is the sound of people laughing coming ?
Shenaaz – Oh! That ..its nothing I invited the guards and Mr.khan for coffee.
Sidharth – oh that’s nice . I also want to talk Mr. khan  . Do you mind …putting him on the video call .
Shenaaz was bit confused although sidharth replied postively on her invitation ,  but why did he seemed angry .This man is so difficult to read ….anyway I will just give the phone to Ali .
While shenaaz made her way to the hall where everyone was chit chatting ,laughing and the mood seemed quite jolly .
Suddenly the announcement of Sidharth’s video call and his desire to talk to the Mr. Khan ….made the whole atmosphere tensed .
Everyone stood in attention .
Sidharth –Guys please sit down .Relax ,You are my wife’s guest so for now I won’t dare to lift a finger .Hi ! Ali we talk in some corner …. ‘separately’.
Mr.Khan excused himself leaving everyone hanging in terror .
Shenaaz – Relax ,Guys …here have some cookies .Nothing will happen .
Although they acted relaxed but only they knew what happens when anyone mess with their boss .They were waiting for the final verdict .
Meanwhile somewhere in the corner of the bungalow ..
Sidharth – I didn’t expect this kind of Unprofessional behaviour from you people Ali .
Ali – Sidharth ! shenaaz …I  mean your wife was very much adamant on treating us to coffee ….she wouldn’t listen to me .
Sidharth – I won’t say anything for now .But I hope nothing like this happens again .I trust you ,and your decision …that’s why you are now with shenaaz . Protect her well and don’t forget your limits .
Ali – I won’t and stop being jealous . You got a very great little wife for a punk like yourself .
Sidharth – Get lost ! and thank you . I wish you luck as well .But I don’t think you will be as lucky as me since there is only one shenaaz in this world .
Ali – I can’t just take her then .
Sidharth – Try it ! I will kill you .
Ali – just look at your face . l am joking man ! Just complete your work there and come here immedietly .
Ali came back to the hall where everyone was gathered .
Ali – Finish your coffee immedietly and get back to work .Right now.
He handed the phone to shenaaz said, “ we are done for today . Just call me if you need anything . I will escort you tommorow for the orientation.