CHAPTER 6-SURRENDRING TO FATE

PREVIOUSLY
Shenaaz , “sidharth please…..please…save my jojo , I won’t be able to live without her” .  Shenaaz was sobbing  continously and suddenly she fainted from all the exhaustion.
When shenaaz fainted sidharth immedietly lifted her up and took her to one of the hospital ward as guided by Dr. ahuja .
It was 3 am in the morning ,almost 5 hrs since shenaaz fainted .She was fast asleep due to the after effect of medicine.
Meanwhile
Sidharth was informed by Mr.secretary that THE SWOON  shares were dropping down very badly because his name was dragged in a drug dealing case by Aujla brothers .Although Mumbai police made it clear that sidharth didn’t have any involvement in the case but his ‘casinova’ image along with the the drug case wasn’t taken positively by media and public .The P.R. team was on their toes but the decrease in stocks was very prominent even after so much effort of the management .
SIDHARTH was very stressed out as nothing was going in his favour neither in his professional life nor in his personel life .Everything seemed so jumbled up and messy .
He was continously tapping his feet on the ground while looking at the idiotic non- sensical media articles .Although they were actually lame and were totally baseless ,but they were affecting his companies reputation .
So what if the company was passed down to him by his grandfather (he was 3rd generation chaebol )but he never used his position in any wrong way . Even though he was the type to only have one night stands but that were all consensual ,the way media was projecting it was totally rediculous . He wasn’t able to comprehend what further steps he should take he was feeling helpless ,when suddenly Mr.secretory interrupted .
Mr secretory –“ Sir, Mr. ABU MALIK , wants to talk to you.”
Sidharth – ohk ,put him on line .Let me sort this for once and all. I also want to know what these board members want .”
(Mr. ABU MALIK is sidharth’s Father very good friend who helped him to take over THE SWOON after his father passed away .)
Mr. ABU MALIK  : Hi,Sidharth……Are you alright ? I know you are going through a tough time  due to Rita’s health ,but I am afraid that If you won’t take any action now ,it might threaten your position as the C.E.O in THE SWOON .All your rivals have their eyes on your position .
I heard Mr.DEY has called board meeting regarding this matter on next Monday and I got to know through my sources that he is very deliginetly convincing the board members upon your suspension as The C.E.O. I am trying to talk with some major shareholders for now but I think for now your Casinova image is the bigger problem .The shareholders are not convinced that you are idle for the company as a leader for a long run .They want a family man who can treat this company as a child .
Sidharth got very furious upon hearing the thoughts of the board of members , he didn’t work 24*7 in the company so that they can use him as a substitute and eliminate him when not needed . “These old hags are so flicker minded ,it was me who took this company at  its peak ,it was me who launched this music company at an international platform .But now just because of some baseless rumors my integrity ,my morals and my  leadership are on question .What……..they want me to treat the company as my child? As the   C.E.O for  these 4 years I have treated and pampered the company and its employees as my lovers . All these hags has cashed so  much money from the profit of the company in last 4 years .Now they want to throw me away since I have become useless .If it was in their hand ,just to save their money they would have married me off” .
Mr. ABU MALIK  : Sidharth you need to calm down .The board members are old and hence are trying to do damage control in the way they know and you know old people are bit conservative .Sidharth I know You have a girl you like…. don’t you ? So here’s the thing, I have talked to Mr. Bedi ,the P.R. head and he suggested that if you can prove that you have a stable relationship. It will help in diverting media’s attention and change people’s view and hence it will help in  preventing  the plummeting of stocks .  Do you get what I am trying to say ?
Sidharth is surprised upon hearing fifi he replies , “Yes, I have a girl I like …….. wait who told you that?
No you don’t need to tell me who it was .I think I already know the answer while looking at Mr.secretary who was trying to create a hole in the ceiling while staring at it , so that he could be exempted from his boss’s death glare .
Sidharth mumbled only two words , while looking in Mr secretory’s direction that was “be prepared” .
But only these two words were enough for him(Mr.secretary) to know that his life is going to be a living hell .The last time Mr.Secretary bailed out on Sidharth resulted in ‘him choping  onions for the office canteen, for almost 6 months as a  volunteer’.and this time its going to be bigger than this and this was a universal fact .
But, fifi  I am still getting to know her and she doesn’t like me at all . and Moreover you are telling me to get married just for the sake of Company ?
Mr. ABU MALIK  : I think you know exactly what this company meant to your father ,this company has almost one lakh people working under it and you are their leader .They depend on you for their livelihood ,your every action will affect them . Your father and my marriage was also for the company’s benefit………  ofcourse not with each other …..ha ha ha but with our better halves ,you don’t need to laugh on that I know that was a really bad one .Anyway just think it thourough .It will be better if you announce your marriage with that girl .By the way she is really beautifull and sweet ….I  heard she is the reciever of our scholarship ‘THE SWOON’, she must be intellingent as well .I did a background check and I think she is just perfect for the role as your bride.She has a clean background, also She is very close to Rita .So Why are you hesitating ?
Atleast you know whom you are going to marry ? In my case I just knew that the person I was going to get married was female .I would suggest you to take your decision immedietly and do let me know what you have decided ?and let me tell you its your only option .
Sidharth - I can’t marry by myself I have to convince shenaaz as well . I will talk to shenaaz and will let you know by day after tommorow .ohk bye Fifi I have to go now doctor is calling me .
Mr. ABU MALIK  - Yeah let me ,know about what you  have decided .God bless you beta. Take care of Rita and call me anytime . I am just a call away . sidharth –Sure fifi bye ,you too take care of your health .
Sidharth goes to Dr.Ahuja’s cabin :
Dr Ahuja says , “I think we have to send Rita aunty to London asap for the chemotherauptic treatement.The tumor is spreading more rapidly than what I estimated . The occurrence of 20 minute long seizure is not a good sign .We have to convince aunty to get treated and I think only Monalisa is capable of doing that . For that to happen we have to disclose everything to her .And since we are talking about her, I don’t think her current pyscological state is stable ….she is suffering from anxiety and if I say more precisely from panic disorder .I will refer her to the psychiatry departement for further tests and treatment .I consulted with one of my psychiatrist friend about her condition and she told me it will be best for everyone including shenaaz  to let her  know the truth behind aunty’s condition, . And I want you to tell her the truth because last time she totally ripped me off .
Even when she was about to faint she managed to grab me so hard…..damn man! the whole hospital staff is laughing on me that I was  almost turned into a keema by a half conscious girl . I don’t know what would have happened to me if not for you .Thanks  brother .
Sidharth –that’s why I always tell you that you should stop lying and sugar coating things .
SIDHARTH from karan ahuja’s cabin goes to shenaaz’s room where he sees her sleeping peacefully .He thinks to himself how inncocent and selfless his little lamb is . Telling her the truth is going to be toughest for him .Not only about her JOJO but also asking her out to help him with the companies crisis is going to be a difficult task . She is just 24 years old ¸she has her whole career in front of her ,He can’t force her to get into a serious commitement like marriage ,but still he has no other option but to try asking her out .
While sidharth is still staring at shenaaz she wakes up sudenly and starts asking for her jojo .
SIDHARTH while giving her a glass of water , “relax first… drink this I will take you to mom before that calm yourself . She wouldn’t celebrate if she sees you like this …..would she ? And it will be super weird if patient shenaaz would meet patient jojo ha ha.
Shenaaz “ It was really not funny shukla .you  really have zero sense of humor.Jojo was right about you….Mr.boring .lets go I am all good now.”
Sidharth : Shenaaz wait .........mom  is under sedation .So for atleast 2 hours we can’t meet her . You don’t need to worry the seizure occurred because of the tumor .
Shenaaz : Can’t we get her treated ? That Dr. goody(ahuja) …..told me that jojo will be fine after the brain surgery …..and if I give her medicine and proper balanced diet she will be fine . Can you please bring him here  …. I will ask him why she is having seizures ?
Sidharth-karan is busy shenaaz he can’t come and go based on our wishes,He is a doctor beside others he have other patients as well  .I talked to him earlier he said everything will be fine after……mom agrees to take get her treatement done .
Shenaaz : what do  you mean agree…….initially when I talked to Dr.ahuja he told me  even though surgery is very much needed to remove tumor ,but he will inform us and then we can get the surgery done .So it is his call as when he will operate on Jojo .jojo already agreed to get treated….why wouldn’t she not agree ? She was 100% following Dr.goody’s  instructions .
Sidharth : Shenaaz what you was told was a lie and mom didn’t wanted you to know ?
Shenaaz : what do you mean lie ?what she  didn’t wanted me to know ? Are you writing a mystery novel ……can’t you tell me ?
By now shenaaz was out of pateince.
Sidharth : First please calm down …I don’t want you to faint again . and Listen to me very carefully……and please let me complete myself ,Believe me .
So,mom have brain cancer.But  with the current technology available in Britain she can be completely cured  but ..she is denying to go there because she is worried about you ,she wants you to get married and that’s the reason why she’s here and is not getting herself treated .And tumhei pata hai ki wo kitni jiddi hai …..no one can convince her to do anything against her will .
Shenaaz interrupts sidharth , “ So you are saying …it’s only because of me that my jojo is in this condition ? I am the reason why she is in so much pain ?”
Tears start forming in her eyes and she angrily remmoves the iv drip from her hand and get up from her bed .
Sidharth –Shenaaz …..what do you think you are doing ?Have you gone nuts? Where are you going ?
Sidharth grabs shenaaz hand to prevent her movement.
Shenaaz while trying to release his grip replies , “ To get married….leave my hand  now ……If my marriage can put everything on spot .Get my Jojo well , I will get married .As long as my Jojo is alive. I can breath as well .
Sidharth just can’t tolerate her illogical behaviour , she is completely admant and refuses to go on her bed . He can’t see her so weak ,just to stop her from taking any rash step he shouts at her , “ Tumhei samajh bhi aaraha hai tum kya bol rahi ho ? tum khud sun paa rahi ho jo tum bol rahi ho ?Shenaaz yaha shaadi ki baat ho rahi hai ? its about your life …your whole life .Kissei karo gi shaadi kisi bhi raah chaltei inssan sei ?Aur mom ko nhi pata chaleiga ?Do you think she is that dumb?”
Shenaaz – To kya karu …..I should  watch my  jojo dying in front of my eyes .Sidharth Shukla she is like my mother ,my best friend ,my everything .She is my world .
Sidharth –I know she is also my mom ……my birth mother .I want to save her and  that’s why I told you the truth .shenaaz I have an idea  which could convince her to get the treatment .
Shenaaz – toh kya mahurat nikalwaanei Ka intazaar kar rahei ho ?  Jaldi batao mujhei ?
Sidharth tells her that “Mom will have to go to london for 2 years for her treatment . All things have been arranged. My both elder sisters lives there……so she  will not be alone there .”
Mom also know that I have confessed to you about my feeling for you. Shenaaz , “sidharth can’t you get straight to the point ,why have you started narrating story ? Just tell me the solution. Stop stretching it like a chewing gum .
Sidharth  with all his inner strength blurts out , “marry me”. Shenaaz , “what ???marry you ?are you out of your mind,why will I marry you ? you and me are people from different social strata and we have this huge age gap of 14 years……the chances for our partenership to be succesful is almost nill….Mr.shukla .Are you sure of what you are saying is ?”
Sidharth –Shenaaz….I am not a child .I am in my right mind and marrying me is your only option .There is no in between , I have considered every other possible option . Mom can only trust me as your elegible  life partner ,I don’t think she would allow any guy to marry you in such a short time .And approval of a new groom will take time that’s what we don’t have .Our fight is on with the clock .
Also there is one more reason for me wanting to marry you.
I don’t want to keep you in dark …My company is facing stock plummeting issues due to some rumors going around and you know these shareholders once they think that something is gettting in their way of money making ……they just erdicate it .
And right now my position as C.E.O is at stake. Me getting married is the only solution for the problem as well and again the only person I can think of marrying is you .
Shenaaz replies , “ I don’t really care whom I get married to as long as Jojo is ready to get her treatement . So, Mr. sidharth shukla I will marry you .”
Sidharth : Thanks shenaaz for being understanding . I know you are not ready for  the marriage ,you have trust issues on me and that’s totally acceptable . I will be lying if I say that I am ready for this marriage but I will try to give my 100% in the marriage  .
Shenaaz – Sidharth shukla…….Let me be frank with you . To me you are special  to the  person who is precious to me, I will  defenitely try to maintain a cordial relationship with you because marriage is a very sacred thing but I am very much unsure about this .Marriage was never part of my future ,I just wanted to spent my entire life with my jojo.But I don’t think I have any option but to surrender to my fate .I trust my god he must have something planned  for me and  I will accept this fate for everyone’s happiness.
“For after all the best thing one can do when it is raining is to   let it Rain”.-H.W.Longfellow