Part 4

HELLO CHILDREN, This is going to be a sad chapter, so prepare yourselves.

Warning: Abuse, Neglect, Sad, suicide mentioned.  

Lilly P.O.V.

It turns out that it was not a good idea to cus The Prince out. 

I was seated on a couch as I faced a beautiful woman who I assume is my mother. She had midnight black hair and green eyes. Her face was made up of pouty lips, a small nose, and a small face. My mother looked down her nose at me and coldly assessed me.

"Do you know what you have done?"

"..." I didn't bother to answer.

"Our reputation, OUR FUTURE." At this point, she was yelling. Her eyes glared at me and I could feel the air become heavy with killing intent. She stalked toward me, her beautiful face became unreadable. She suddenly became calm, she stopped right in front of me; forcing me to look up. She bent down near my ear, "You're a mistake. A nothing." I just stared at her. I could feel Lilly hurting, Her heart broke all over again. I could feel my eyes becoming wet and overflow to trickle down my cheeks. She stood back up and lifted her hand. I saw it coming and could have dodged it but I simply let it come. She slapped me across the face so hard a fell off the couch and onto the floor. She then picked up the vase that set atop the table and threw it at me. It hit me on the head, she then lifted the teapot that sat next to the vase. And poured the boiling hot liquid onto my skin. I didn't scream, my tears dried and I sat there feeling nothing. 

"You're a disgrace, do the world a favor and rid your self." After her announcement she left.

I picked myself off the ground and walked to the door. No matter where I go, Where I hide, what world I end up in... I can never be happy; can I. 

Edwin P.O.V.    

I was in the hall with paper in my hands when I saw her. Lilly Winbrooks, my master's daughter.

She was like a daughter to me, people may look at her and only see the first layer of Lilly, Arrogant, Snob, Brat. But they never stay around enough to actually get to know her. Inside of Lilly is a child neglected, lonely, and alone. But she, of course, never lets people see that. Sometimes I wait outside her door when she thinks everyone has left she finally stops and cries. I hear her through the door trying to be quiet, Muffling her sobs with her hands trying to be strong. But when the prince came she became lively again; she became happy. She loved him, and in turn, tried to make him love her. But he openly resented her, hated her. And suddenly he became like everyone else. 

He left her.

When she had her accident, she woke up and she set fire to her clothes. When she fell asleep on her father I saw the look of contemplation on his face. 

Soon after she cussed out the prince, and then she had a talk with her mother. 

I saw her limping out of the sitting area. There were remains of tears on her face, her face was blank no emotion in those grey eyes. Her head was bleeding and there were burns on her hand's arms and legs. She turned to look at me. I slowly walked to her and set the papers down on a nearby table. I knelt in front of her and opened my arms. She slowly walked into them And slumped into me. 

I wrapped her into a hug and picked her up. She stuffed her head into my neck and began to shake. She muffled her sobs into my shoulder and just cried. My heart broke for this little girl, her broken sobs made me hold on tighter. 

"It hurts..." she hiccuped, "Edwin...." She looked up at me her eyes full of hurt, loneliness, and resentment. "Why does it hurt so much?" I didn't answer, just hugged her tighter. 

Someday, someone will look at Lilly. REALLY look at her and see her for more than what she portrays herself as.

Sylvester P.O.V.

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Lilly and the butler. He was holding her to his chest, and she had her head pressed into his shoulder. She was shaking, and I heard a pitiful broken sob come out of her mouth and into the silent air. She leaned back and said in an almost dead whisper,

"It hurts..." My eyes widened, "Edwin... Why does it hurt so much?" I was astonished. My sister was too proud to cry. She was always on top, always better. There's no way...

She... She was faking it. She had to be. She was always content with life. She didn't have a single problem, no worries. But this... girl in front of me was sobbing; broken. 

Edwin looked at me then, His gaze was sad and protective. Why did he care so much about her? She was mean to him, She yelled and screamed at him. He stroked her hair and began to walk down the hall, away from me. She slumped down back into his shoulder and stared at me. Not at me, through me. 

Like I was air; invisible. 

Lilly P.O.V.

Edwin began walking down the hall, his hand hair stroking my hair. In Edwin's fatherly embrace I began to feel warm. I slowly relaxed into him and let out a quivering sigh. My eyes felt heavy and I shut them. The feeling of sleep washed over me. I let out a contented sigh, 'So this is what having a dad feels like huh?' 'I like it.'

*SNIFF* IM NOT CRYING! YOU ARE! Thank you for reading!!!! 

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE 

WORD COUNT: 979