Part 31

HELLO CHILDREN!!!!:) It's been a while, the motivation has not been with me. I burnt my mouth on toast and then proceeded to fall up stair, Stairs: 1               Author: 0

She was back!!!

She and August traveled for over a week to get back to her homeland.
Lilly was practically bouncing off the walls, she was excited to see Edwin and the Old man!!
She sat in the back of a wagon and staring at a cloud suspiciously shaped like a pizza. As she sat there the wind blew and kicked up the leaves and blowing them in all directions.
As she started a paper blew with the wind and landed beside her.
It was a wanted poster, with her face on it.
She squinted at the paper in disgust, she did not look like that!!! She was going to have to personally fire someone. They made her look like a goddamn squid.
She threw the paper away and looked back at her sleeping companion.
His cheeks were squished in and his black hair was ruffled to make his already cute face virtually impossible not to squish.
Lilly smiled at the little boy, he looked just like him...
———————-
Lilly jogged with Augustus on her back to the forest behind the Acadamy, Edwin and the old man's house was back there. They lived in a log cabin, it had one bedroom and a small kitchen. But that was the last time she was there.

She ran and jumped over a log, the log cabin was in sight. It sat next to a large oak tree and gave off a cozy feeling of home and comfort.

She reached the door and kicked it open.

The door swung open to reveal Edwin pushed up against the wall, red-faced, and panting. The old man was over him, a primal grin stretched across his face.

Lilly's mouth opened and closed, she could feel August staring at the couple.
"Can I ever open this door without the threat of getting flashed?"

Edwin's face whipped toward me and his face transformed into pure delight. He pushed The Old man to the side and ran to me, arms outstretched.
He enclosed me into a hug and I hugged back, I missed him.

I felt a lift off my shoulders and August was now hanging upside down. His face didn't change, still blank-faced with a slight hint of emotion just underneath the surface.

The old man had him by the ankle and stared curiously at him. I quickly let go of Edwin and reached for August. He made to grab at me, but Edwin quickly picked him and twirled him around.
"Hello!!!"
August looked down into Edwin eyes from where he was raised in the air.
The old man scoffed and huffed, "Damn brat.."
Lilly glanced around the cabin, it was cozy. A couch by the window and a open kitchen complete with a wood stove. There was a hallway that lead to a bedroom and led to other places in the house out of sight.
The couple was talking while August was held tenderly in Edwin's arms.
I walked around the hallway and glanced to my left looking at the pictures hanging from the walls. There was me as a child, a grey eyed child smiling at a flower and painted to where the soul leaked from the the pours of the drawing. Lilly past another, it was of  the Old Man and Edwin looking down and smiling a white blanket, the sun streamed and cast a shadow on the couples face in the picture. The warmth of a family in the picture stung Lilly, and filled her with a deep longing and jealously that made the her want to destroy the photo.
She walked past the other and opened the first door to the right.
It was a small room with a large window that filtered the sun onto a small bed. Lilly crept by the bed and she saw a lump beneath the bed covers. The sheets moved rhythmically, and Lilly grabbed the nearest thing next to her. It happened to be a shoe.
Lilly poked at the foreign object, it jolted and then started to quiver.
Lilly tilted her head and moved the blanket with the shoe.
It revealed a small toddler blinking stupidly up at her. She stared right back.
"Lilly? Honey? Are you okay?"
She could hear Edwin coming down the hallway and she quickly scooped the child up in the blanket and threw it over her shoulder. Not minding the giggle that immerged form the bundle.
Edwin entered the bedroom, and looked at the sight before him.
Lilly stood in the middle of the room with a blanket over her shoulder. He looked towards the bed and saw that the baby was missing. He looked back at Lilly standing who was whistling nonchalantly and rocking back and forth.
"Hey Edwin, um I found a child."
"Lilly, it's mine."
"Oh... so we can't eat it for supper?"
"No."

HELLO MY CHILDREN!!!

Who is this child?

Where in the Mary duck is Tus!?

Should they eat the child?

WE SHALL FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF MONSTER REBORN!!!