Part 27

HELLO, CHILDREN it almost schools time. So the updates may be a bit slower, not a huge change. Don't worry 😁

I awoke gradually to a pain in my head and my shoulder. The pain in my shoulder overpowered the one in my head.

I opened my eyes to see bars. I wiggled my fingers to make sure they still worked. I wiggled my goes next, they still worked. I slowly got up, the pain in my shoulder made me grimace. I stood up fully and found I was in a steel cage.

The child I had rescued was nowhere to be seen.
I seemed to be in a large room, candles lite up the stone walls leading to high ceilings. A long red carpet ran down the center of the room to a large chair. It was black with spikes coming out the top of it. On top of the spikes, we're skulls of animals and other creatures I didn't recognize.
The chair itself was huge, there was a slightly smaller chair next to it but it looked rather plain compared to the other one.

But it was an unsettling shade of red, it seemed to be dipped in blood.

The cage I was in, was suspended in the air and I knew I would definitely die if I fell.

The bars of my cage was made of iron, they ran up and down to attach to the top and bottom of the cage.

I huddled over my arm, putting it in a position to make me feel less pain then I needed too.

The floor I stood on was a steel plate, the ground was littered with dark substances. Probably blood and other bodily fluids.

My hair stuck to my face, I felt dirty and grimy.

My cloak was missing and my clothes were soaked and splattered with blood.

I aced from ever crevices of my body. I felt like I was just hit by a truck then they decided to back up and run me over once again for good measure.

Needless to say, my plan of teaching Eva a lesson was not going as planned.

I sighed and wondered what Tus was doing right now.
He said that he would be fine if I left, I really wanted to trust him. But my gut told me that he was not ok right now.

I really want to see him. I miss him, I want to sit in my warm window seat
Reading stories and falling asleep together.
I teared up slightly, I want to go home.
I want to go to my Family, I want to fight with The Old Man, I want to laugh with Edwin. I want to see their baby, I want to hold it's little hand and teach it to curse.

I even miss going to lunch and seeing Leo and Bex fight, I miss sketching and having all-out fights with Leo over Waffles and Pancakes.

I slid down the bars of the cage and put my head in hands.

I felt tears roll down my face and sobs shook my body.
I needed a release, my emotions seemed to tear out of my body.
The hurt, sadness, anger, loneliness, yearning, betrayal. They poured out into an endless stream of tears.

A moment of weakness.

===========

Hours seemed to pass by before something happened.

A door on the far side of the room flew across the room. Lilly looked at the giant iron door laying on the door dented in the middle by something.

' What In the holy hell was that!'

Lilly couldn't see what kicked it but she was definitely rattled by the disturbance.

Footsteps tapped slowly across the hall. They seemed ominous, deadly, and almost inaudible.

Lilly braced herself against the cage.

Louder footsteps came running into the room. Followed by a growl that left Lilly shaken in her boots.

There was quiet murmuring and finally a sigh.
Lilly's cage began to sway and so did Lilly.

The cage dropped suddenly and Lilly dropped to the floor with a groan.

It went down and made an abrupt stop halfway.

There were more whispers and another growl.
Lilly debated if she really wanted to be let down.

She eventually made it to the ground and decided to play dead. She lay on the cold hard floor not moving.

The cage opened and footsteps made their way toward her not moving form.

She strained her ears and listened to the footsteps circle around her.

They stopped at her head and seemed to crouch down.

She felt a small hand place itself on her face. It seemed to stroke her face and play with her hair.

Lilly had no clue what was happening, she only knew that she was being petted like a dog.

Lilly acted like she was coming out of sleep. She moved and opened her eyes.

Her ash gray eyes met deep blood red one and they seemed oddly familiar.

She immediately remembered the kid she saved.
She panicked, "HOLY SHIT KID!!! Are you ok? Do you need Jesus? Do you need a doctor? That horse hit you right in the thinker."

Lilly grabbed the boy's face as she said this. She tilted it left to right checking for any injuries.
When she saw none she was confused. She saw the blood, why was there not a scratch or even a bruise.

The child looked slightly astonished that Lilly was touching him.
He looked at the worried girl inform of him, he felt her warm hands on his cheeks and decided that he liked this feeling. It was almost motherly, something he desperately craved.
The boy reached out and took her hand in his.

He drew letters on her palm and looked back at her.

-Give me name-

Lilly laughed and rubbed his head of glossy black hair.

"A name? Why a name? Don't you have one?"

The boy shook his head, Lilly scrunched her eyebrows together.

'Well' she pondered, ' I guess I could give him a name. What's the harm?'

"Alright, how about...... August. It's similar Augustus my..." Lilly blushed, "My-uh- Friend."

The boy felt the tie to the girl almost instantly. 
He gave a small smirk, it was done.

He fell forward and Lilly caught him in her arms.

He closed his eyes and relished the warmth that this woman gave him.

While Lilly panicked thinking that the boy somehow died.

When the boy moved and wrapped Lilly in a hug she stopped flailing around and realized he was just giving her a hug.

She hugged him back, not realizing that she just made an unbreakable contract with the Prince Of The Underworld.

HELLO CHILDREN!!!!! I don't know about you but the only hell I know is school.

Who exactly is this kid?

Where is Tus?

What did Lilly get herself into this time?

WE WILL FIND OUT IN THE BEXT CHAPTER OF MONSTER REBORN!!!!!!