Chapter Eleven: Lies & More Lies 😢

Have you ever gotten the feeling that you have been used and just tossed aside? Currently, that’s how I feel towards Dimitri. Something is keeping him from telling me something but I don’t know what it is. It all started at the pool with him acting funny now the feeling I’m getting from him has gotten worse. 

“Ashanti, you okay?” Igor says gently tapping me on the shoulder making me snap out of my thoughts. 

“Yeah I’m okay….”

“You know you were never one who was good at hiding how she felt….Tell me the problem love.” 

“It’s Dimitri…..I feel like he is keeping something from me.” 

“Would you like for me to ask him to tell you?”

“You know what it is?”

“Yes but I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to make you not believe me or think I was being intentionally vindictive towards you and his relationship.” 

“I appreciate that and yes please call him here.” I say, giving him a small smile. 
 ________________________________________

Dimitri’s POV: 

As I'm going over paperwork for the agency I look up and almost drop all of the papers. Here in my living room in front of me like a damn ghost is Igor with a nonchalant look on his face. 

“What the hell is wrong with you doing that sneaking in shit!”  

“Stop being such a weak bitch and shut the fuck up! Tell Ashanti the fucking truth. She has gotten her suspicions about you and it’s not my place to tell her who you really are so you do it.” 

“I can’t…….”

“Why not Dimitri? Are you being a coward like you were three years ago?”

“You shut your mouth!”

“Are you scared she may hate you when she finds out you used to work for the Russian mafia! You were fucking family and you are the one who kidnapped Ashanti! Hell you weren’t even supposed to grab her but her sister and now look at the life you have destroyed! Her sister is dead because of your stupidity! You shot her for almost going to the agency to identify who you really were and you destroyed Ashanti’s life and you should be the fucking one dead and not my fucking nephew! Your hands Volkov are not cleaned for we both know the truth and now you tell Ashanti that!”

“How did you have a role in killing my son Dimitri”. That sweet voice that belongs to Ashanti says which makes us both turn around in shock.  

“Ashanti…...my chocolate pearl….” I say trying to form a sentence but instead I'm running  over my own words.  

“Don’t play with me Dimitri….What did you do to help Vladimir kill my son?”

“I…..I took Vladimir to a bar that night and I had those fake photos of you kissing your gay bestfriend Reid. They were given to me by your mother and father that night so you could end up getting beaten…...I was not going to give them to him but I got wasted…..I was only 21 so still very young and underage  in my opinion and have never taken a drink a day in my life. I ended up running my mouth and showing him the pictures and that was the night he ended up killing Alexei inside of you. I’m sorry Ashanti please forgive me” I say letting out a few tears in which I didn’t even think still was there inside of me for in this business that I am in and was formally in you are trained to not show or feel anything but tonight I feel it all and will gladly show it all. 

“I trusted you…..I knew I recognized you. You were Vladimir’s third in command but you never showed yourself but he would sometimes mention you but I lost half of my memory that night he beat me. He took my head and shoved it in a cabinet until my neck was red, raw and cut “ She says reaching and touching the scar which has faded over and is very unnoticeable. “He then held my head and slammed the cabinet door over and over again on the side.” She  says letting out tears of her own making Igor rush over and hold her to him. 

“I’m so fucking sorry Ashanti……”

“You are a FBI agent and you are wanting to bring down Vladimir which I couldn’t give a fuck about but as for me and you. We are done. I will not think of getting revenge on you for you did help me escape Vladimir but mark my words I will and shall never forget Dimitri Volkov. I will not allow myself to…” She says looking at me and running out of my apartment. 

“This is why I told you to tell her Dimitri…...I shouldn’t feel sorry for you but I do for you were a stupid naive boy who let the wolfs get to him and made him destroy his own village. Give her some time maybe then she will forgive you but if not then be there for her anyway and that one child of yours.” 

“What will happen to my child if I don’t come out of this mission alive Igor?” 

“You and any stranger that knows me can gladly say that Igor Andrei Petrov would never harm a child or treat it differently because of the parent or parents. If you die in this mission then just know that I will be there for him or her as a father figure if Ashanti wishes me to be.” 

“Thank you….”

“Believe me you should be thanking God for me not putting a bullet through your head all the many times I came close to.” He says walking out leaving me a tearful and trembling mess. 

*End Of Dimitri’s POV * 
_________________________________________

This was one very tearful and sad part. I honestly feel so bad for her. It's something new everyday for this girl. As always if you all liked what you read. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! I will be rereading some of the old and also new chapters to edit any mistakes but thank you all for being patient and being with me on this journey. Bye lovelies and remember to stay safe 💕

Love ~

Laila 😍💕

Word Count: 1058