Chapter Twelve: Almost There 😶

Ashanti's POV:

"Igor where are you taking me?" I say trying to lift the blindfold but letting out a squeal as he hits my hand lightly.

"Patience. You will find out in a couple of seconds."

This whole surprise started with him waking me up early in the morning and dragging me out the bed and putting me in the car to take me to this "great" secluded place. I don't mind surprises but after being married to the devil from hell I absolutely hate them now and I am always anxious.  Like always though I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when it feels like something just licked me and by the sound of it just took off running like hell.

"Ready?" Igor says chuckling, my guess is he is laughing at the face I'm making.

"Yes", I say making the word come out super fast.

"You always said you wanted to some day go to a meadow just to pick flowers with the horse you will maybe one day have....I thought maybe I could give you a departing gift from this city where you found it in your heart to give me a chance and to see the real me." He says undoing the blindfold making me let out a gasp of surprise and making me blink in disbelief but also amazement.

"This is so beautiful Igor." I say not believing that I am standing in a very beautiful meadow filled with flowers and looking out and seeing a beautiful horse just trotting through them.

"I am glad you like it", He says making me stop and look at him and letting out a big smile as I see the pink blush form on his cheeks.

"I don't like it, I LOVE it!"

At that sentence he seems to blush more and starts rubbing the back of his head and letting out small chuckles with his soft, deep and a somewhat scratchy voice.

"Thank you, You deserved this and so much more." He says gently sitting me down on the blanket he has set up and while also putting down the picnic basket he brought with us.

"You are welcome, but I must thank you for putting this together. Nobody has ever thought to take me somewhere and do anything like this for me." I say starring into his eyes which are so clear and bright. I must say I have never seen Igor look so at peace and full of happiness.

He simply just smiles and gets up making me raise an eyebrow and lets out a loud whistle, making the horse stop and run over to him.

"Igor! What are you going to do?" I say looking at him like he's crazy.

"You'll see my sweet flower." He says looking at me with a bigger smile and then getting on top of the horse and gently nudging his/her's side making both of them take off into the field with him leaning over and grabbing flower after flower until he has an entire bouquet. I can't stop smiling at him and watching him look and smile/blush back and guiding the horse back to where I am.

"You are so full of surprises.....Where did you learn how to ride a horse."

"I learned when I was six....My mother loved horses and she would take me to a very small farm and we would spend hours just tending to them and riding them." He says sighing and looking deep into his own thoughts."

"I didn't mean to make you sad..."

"You didn't my flower. I just think of her and miss her a lot. You remind me a lot of her. Also, these my beautiful lioness are for you." He says smiling again and handing me the bouquet.

"Thank you, my Igor," I say smelling them and grinning like a child who just got a new toy from the store.

"You are so welcome," He says back and gently sits down behind me and rubs my stomach while humming softly.

This is how we spent the rest of that amazing day. We sat eating, laughing and riding "Pumpkin" all over the field. Today has been such a blessing and It has made me realize just how sweet and thoughtful Igor is.....I must honestly say that I am indeed enjoying all of this and being able to have his attention be so focused on me. 😊❤

~ Next Day ~

After yesterday's excitement it is time for a new kind of excitement. Today will be the day that I find out what the twins are. Me, Igor and...Dimitri all have been sitting patiently in doctor Maxwell's office patiently.

"Hello, Mrs. Petrov. I am so sorry I was late."

"It's okay Doctor Maxwell. How are you today?"

"I am good. What about you? Ready to find out the sexes of the twins?"

"Yes." Me, Igor and Dimitri say at the same time. "Also, I am good". I say giggling.

"That's great! Now how about we get started...." He says and then starts putting on gloves. "Mrs. Petrov would you please lift your shirt?"

"Sure."

I know it's very soon to find out the gender but as the saying goes. Money talks and bullshit walks. After lifting my shirt I lay down and adjust myself and let the doctor do what he has to do. This process takes about an hour and a half...which isn't surprising since Igor is standing over him with his hand on his pistol.

"Okay....Mrs. Petrov. Everything came out just fine. Are you ready for the big reveal?"

"Yes Dammit!!!" We all say looking at him with a mean mug making him shiver.

"Congratulations! You all are the proud parents of a girl and a boy. Dimitri's baby which will be the firstborn is the girl and Igor's baby is the boy." He says showing us the results and our babies ultrasounds.

I look up and see Igor and Dimitri smiling big and Igor jumping up and down in happiness. I smile back at them and look down with tears of joy escaping my eyes. Looks like my baby Alexi in my dreams was telling his momma the truth about having a sister and brother.  I will protect these two with everything I have in me. 💕
_________________________________________

Hey y'all! I hope you guys are excited! We getting a baby girl and boy! Please remember to drop some more baby names! Lastly, if you liked what you read don't forget to hit the VOTE & COMMENT button!

Love ~

Laila 😘💕

Word Count: 1102