Chapter 1

The clock gave out a shriek, jolting you up from your bed. Your eyes remained shut, trying to savor the last bit of your dream. It had been so good, you were in his presence, in his arms. If you wake up, you'll have to go back to the reality that it's not real and he doesn't even know you exist. Slowly but surely, your eyes opened. At least you could still see him, on the multiple posters meticulously hung up around your room and all the photocards strung from the fairy lights above your bed. Eomma called it obsessive, but she was eager to help you set up your room and bought some of their albums for you.

As you yawned, the phone next to you rang. You scoffed at the name, not expecting her to be up this early, even though it was well into the morning already. And since it was her birthday, she should have been in bed for at least another three hours. "He-"

"It's here!" Hye Jin screamed. At the sound of her voice, the birds outside flew away. And it woke you up completely.

"Huh? What's here?" you asked dumbly.

"Did you forget what day it is?" she asked. You could already tell that she was pouting.

"It's your birthday," you answered. How could you forget? She had been hammering that fact for weeks now. Bringing it up every chance she gets.

"Exactly. My 21st birthday to be exact," she stated. Then she waited patiently for your brain to process what it meant."

"Oh," you said. The gears started moving, "Oh!"

"That's the reaction I was looking for." she beamed. "The envelope appeared this morning on my desk. I was so nervous I couldn't sleep at all last night."

"Well, tell me. Who is it?" you urged.

She sighed, "I haven't opened it."

You frowned, "Why not?"

"Because I'm scared," she answered in a much quieter voice.

"Hye Jin, you've been waiting for this practically all your life. It's all you ever talk about ever since you started watching all those romance films. Why are you hesitating now?"

"I'm scared that it's not everything I've ever dreamed about," she confessed. "What if it's not as magical as what I thought?"

"You're overthinking it. I'm sure whoever it is will be wonderful, a perfect match for you. I mean, you have to trust fate."

She clicked her tongue, "Can you really trust it?"

"We can't question it." you said. No one ever had how fate actually worked. It was known as the Red String phenomenon. Every person alive is connected to another by an invisible red string by birth and on their 21st birthday, a red envelope will suddenly appear and tells them who they're meant to marry. It was a legend of some sort and no ever questioned it. People can disagree with the envelope and follow a different path, but their future relationship hardly ever works out. "Anyway, open it. See who you're tied to and we can go from there."

"What if she doesn't like me?" she asked nervously.

"You received the envelope on your birthday, which meant she also received hers this morning. You literally look like a goddess, I'm sure she's dying to meet you," you reassured. After some more consoling and prep talk, she said she would wait to meet up with you to open the envelope. You told her you would meet her after the event you had to attend. Speaking of which, when you saw the time on the clock, you almost screamed. "Fuck I'm gonna be late." Although it was summer, you didn't have any time for yourself. Balancing between work and your secret life, life was chaotic. You rushed to change into the appropriate attire. Black clothing with black cap and mask. Your camera had been charging all night and the memory card was fresh. You were ready for the day.

In the kitchen, your mother had already prepared breakfast and went to work. She did leave a note. Good luck today, don't get mobbed. Take some good pictures for me. You chuckled. Sometimes you wonder who was the bigger Bangtan fan in the family. You devoured the food then rushed outside to your trusty scooter. Luckily, the roads weren't jammed with cars. But that until you got near the venue.

Bangtan was holding a summer show as part of their promotion for Fila. Entries were permitted to those who have won a raffle or fansites whom the boys have deemed to be trustworthy enough. You happened to be amongst the latter group. It makes sense since you've been with them since they debuted three years ago. The moment you saw their debut stage on television, you knew very well that your life was dedicated to them. And over the past three years, you have been present at every fan signs, as many concerts and airports as possible. Your presence was so engraved at the scenes to the point where you were even famous in the fan community, and if you were lucky, he would notice you.

The security team didn't even bother asking for identification. They recognized your wardrobe and decorations on your camera. It's a trick to have something stand out on your camera for idols to notice. You had a small Koya on yours to catch his attention and his eyes would always wander to the koala and a smile would form, making your heart melt. You found the designated seat located near the front but more off to the side, it was perfect to capture him along with the rest of the boys. All the other seats were already packed and you felt lost in a sea of purple and ARMY bombs. If you weren't carrying a boulder of a camera, you would have brought yours as well.

The cheering grew dramatically, making your ears ring. Scanning the horizon, you saw him. Taking the lead like the president he is, Kim Namjoon sauntered across the stage with a suppressed smile and hands in his pockets. You began snapping photos right away, there was no time to waste on gawking at him, even though it was the only thing you wanted to do. Seconds later, he would cover his mouth and laugh at himself for trying to act cool. Seokjin's shoulders bounced up and down as he patted his dongsaeng on the back. They stood in formation and Namjoon took a deep breath. He could never get used to the crowd, he never thought he could do it.

"2,3 Bang! Tan. Hello, we are Bangtan Sonyeondan." The crowd erupted in cheers and some crying. "Thank you for coming," Namjoon spoke, "I hope it's not too hot out here."

"It's hot because of you!" someone yelled and made the boys chuckled. Seokjin sent his famous flying kiss in her direction and you were sure she had passed out. The conversations continued, and so did your snapping. While the boys finished off their introductions, Namjoon caught the blue koala out of the corner of his eye. It always called out to him. Aside from being his creation, the camera it stood on belonged to someone Namjoon was quite fond of, MoonJoon. Despite not knowing what you looked like underneath the mask, there was a sense of familiarity. The corners of his mouth curled up. It was meant for you, and only you.

Your heart burst and your finger clicked the button. His smile was yours forever.