Chapter 16

"What are you....doing?" he asked.

"What do you mean what am I doing?" you asked in return.

Namjoon cleared his throat, "Let me rephrase the question, what are you wearing?"

Glancing down at your usual fansite outfit, you found nothing to be wrong with it. When he asked you to join him for a photoshoot, you figure this was the safest choice. The managers gave you permission to take pictures, as long as it doesn't reveal anything about the theme or location. "My clothes?"

He sighed and chuckled lowly, "Y/N, darling, when I asked you to come to the photoshoot, I meant I wanted you to watch me, not take photos of me."

The pieces clicked in your mind. "Oh, I see," you nodded slowly. "Sorry, I guess it's not every day that my international superstar boyfriend asks me to join him for a photoshoot." You took off the cap and mask, Namjoon exhaled sharply, delighted to see your beautiful face. He reached for your hand and led you into the studio.

As you walked the hallways, he recounted stories of when they first started doing photoshoots. "I was terrible at posing in front of people," he chuckled in embarrassment, "The others were great at it, even Yoongi hyung. I was never one to like the cameras. In fact, I despised seeing myself up close. It's like if I stare long enough, I'll find something I don't like and that's the only thing I can hang on to."

"How do you feel about yourself now?" you asked.

He shrugged, "Not that much different from before. I still don't like looking at myself that much, but I don't hate it, at least. But now when I see myself, I see someone who means something to someone else." He squeezed your hand a little tighter as he spoke those words. On the inside, you wanted to scream like a schoolgirl, but on the outside, you only smiled like a fool.

From their Bangtan Bombs, you were aware of how chaotic this environment was, but nothing can describe the feeling of being here in person. So many bodies were preparing for the day and it was so obvious that you were out of place. The entire time, his hand was wrapped tightly around yours to ensure that he wouldn't leave you alone for the day. It eased your heart a bit. "Alright, I have to get changed but you can stay here with Manager Sejin, he won't bite, I promise."

"Are you kidding? I'm such a fan of his. I have a list of questions prepared." you exclaimed, fires emanating from your eyes.

"Alright...." Namjoon commented. "Don't hurt him." You took a seat Manager Sejin as Namjoon stepped away into the dressing room. The infamous man took a sip of his coffee and took a deep breath as he saw the list of questions.

"Okay, are you aware of your fanclub?" you began.

He blinked, "Oh boy, it's gonna be a long day."

Indeed it was a long day. The boys posed nonstop with genuine smiles and cheery eyes. You didn't know how they did it, but they always manage to stay happy despite their hectic schedules. That was one of their most inspirational traits, another is that they're always respectful to the staff, no matter the job title. Watching them laughing together is a sight you'll never get tired of, and seeing Namjoon's dazzling smile is a wonder. Your shoulders dropped and you began to think about what would have happened if it had been someone else. You would have been happy for him, of course, but a part of you would always wonder what could have been. A camera flashed, bringing you back to reality. You don't have to wonder anymore, it's all right here in front of you.

You excused yourself to go into the hall for a bit since you promised to give Hye Jin updates on the day. She picked up instantly. "What's happening? Are they shirtless now?"