Chapter 13

Namjoon was proud that he managed to get his question out without stuttering or losing his voice. And on top of that, it stopped your tears. Instead, you began hiccuping. He also found that quite adorable but he shook his head, he needed to stay serious right now.

"R-really? Is t-this moving too f-fast?" you asked.

"Y/N, we're literally soulmates," he exclaimed. "This isn't moving too fast. We have all the time in the world to get to know each other. A lifetime."

"A lifetime," you repeated like a foreign word. It rolled off your tongue easily, and purposeful. "I don't want to negatively impact your career. And I don't want to be a burden to you."

He shook his head and tuck your hair behind your ears so he could see you clearly. Your eyes were cloudy, with sprinkles of nervousness. "Why do you keep thinking of yourself as a burden? And no, it will not affect mine or the boys' career. Our fans fully recognized that even idols will find their Red String match one day and that's how our world works. They will be okay with it."

"You're right," you nodded. You've watched countless idols and actors get their match and you were ecstatic for them to find their happiness. Surely, this will be another instance of fans supporting and respecting their idol's choices.

"And you will never be a burden to me," he continued. "In fact, having you around will motivate and energize me even more. That's how I've felt about your presence since the day you showed up to our fan meet when we debuted. I've found comfort and calmness in your eyes. That's why I smile so much in your photos, because that's my haven."

You thought back to the glass box, and the last thing you said to him. When you said it, you had been picturing Namjoon because he was already yours. He carried the world on his shoulders and to know that you could at least give him a shoulder to lean on means that your existence was meaningful in some way.

"So say yes," he urged, puppy dog eyes hopeful. Both of his hands went up to cup your cheeks. You didn't know what he was trying to do and honestly, neither did Namjoon. He had watched countless romantic dramas with Taehyung and always saw the male lead pull a move like this. The atmosphere felt right and both of you closed your eyes, waiting for whatever happens to happen.

Crunch. You snapped your eyes open to see the 6 boys that suddenly appeared in the kitchen like ghosts and Jungkook in the middle of biting a potato chip. Seokjin sighed, controlling his urge to kick the maknae, "Jeon Jungkook, I told you to wait until the show was over to eat that!"

You two had been so caught up in the moment that you hadn't heard the front door opening and rapid footsteps approaching to observe the show. They had been there for a while and everyone, including Yoongi, were all clutching their chest at the romantic moment while the other. Although you two weren't technically doing anything wrong, your faces heated up and you scrambled apart, standing a few meters away from each other.

"Sorry, hyung," the maknae pouted. "But I really wouldn't have wanted to see them kiss."

"It's not what you think!" both you and Namjoon shouted at the same time.

"Oh really?" Hoseok smirked. "You two weren't trying to take advantage of the empty dorm?"

Namjoon glared at the man, the gaze slicing through the air and made Hoseok almost choked on his laugh. "No," Namjoon answered calmly. "And even if we were, we're allowed to do that. We're soulmates after all." He sent a wink in your direction, making you blush even harder. The boys groaned, the unexpected confidence and cocky aura from their leader was something they weren't used to.

"At least properly introduce us to her, hyung," Taehyung suggested. Namjoon made his way back to your side and hold your hand tightly, giving it a squeeze. It'll be okay, I'm here, it says.

"Guys, I would like you to meet my Red String match, Song Y/N." he declared. "You may also know her as my devoted fansite, MoonJoon."

While you were older than all of them, including Namjoon, you felt the need to bow. It could have been because you're incredibly nervous around your idols, or you wanted them to accept you as Namjoon's match. "Hello everyone, it's really nice to see you all again. Please take care of me."

"Nice to meet you, noona." they all said, and bowed in return. "Please take care of Namjoon for us."

"He'll break your favorite things but please still love him," Jimin added.

"And he won't cook great meals like me but please still love him," said Seokjin.

"And I'll be your biggest competition but don't let that discourage you." Jungkook chimed in. His love for Namjoon was real and you could see the fire and seriousness in his eyes as he spoke the words effortlessly. He will be a tough opponent, you have realized that no one can love Namjoon the way Jungkook loves him, and you have to be fine with it.

"Alright, I think that's enough," Namjoon interjected. "Don't scare her away too soon."

"I won't be chased away, don't worry," you assured. "But right now, I do want to eat some cake."

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, "Are you sure? I really don't know if it's edible or not."

"Shut up, I'm sure it's amazing."

"Wow, you really do love him," Yoongi remarked. The boys gathered around the kitchen island and watched as Namjoon slice the cake open. You all subconsciously let out a sigh when the inside looked just like how a cake should. Taking the first bite, you were delightfully surprised by the texture and flavor. It wasn't show-worthy like Minji's cakes, but it was definitely perfect for his first try.

"What do you think?" Namjoon ask, full of anticipation.

"Not bad," you hummed. "But I do believe my boyfriend should at least understand the basics of baking. So when you're free, come the bakery and Minji will teach you, alright?"

"Alright," Namjoon sighed in disappointment. He was hoping to make you proud at least a little bit. But he'll accept a 'not bad.'

"Did you not understand what she just said at all?" Yoongi spoke up. Namjoon looked at him with pure confusion. Yoongi sighed, his leader might be a genius, but he's really stupid at the same time. "Aish, whatever. It's a good thing you're soulmates and will stay together forever. Y/N, good luck."

The boys soon had to leave, including Namjoon, for a meeting at the company. Namjoon wanted you to come with but it was a confidential topic, most likely about tour dates that no one is allowed to know. He hugged you for a total of three minutes, Hoseok timed it. And it wasn't until Namjoon was sitting in the meeting, hearing his producers talking that he came to the revelation. He stood up, eyes widened, "She called me her boyfriend!"