Chapter 5

Yoongi stood by the doorway connecting the hall from the living room. His plan had been to take a nap on the couch. His bed was nice and all but something about the couch had always called out to him. Sadly, the plan disintegrated immediately when he saw Namjoon sitting on the sofa staring at something on his phone. Usually, this wouldn't be a problem at all. But today was different. Namjoon was giggling, something the leader and oldest hyung have never done. And when he giggles, he would hide his face into his Koya pillow. Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed, weird, he thought, and pulled out his phone to record for possible bribing in the future.

Jimin walked out of the bathroom and stopped when he saw Yoongi. "What's wrong, hyung?" Jimin asked.

"I think he's broken," Yoongi answered. Eventually, all of the boys gathered by the doorway, watching the leader act like a giddy high schooler. Namjoon continued to scroll through his phone, unaware of anything happening around him.

"Should we talk to him?" Taehyung asked.

"We should. I've never seen him like this before." Hoseok commented. "Is he sick?"

"No, he's not sick," Seokjin pointed out. "At least not in the way we think."

"What does that mean, hyung?" Jungkook questioned.

"He's lovesick." Seokjin sang. The boys turned to look at him all at once. Yoongi shook his head at the absurd idea, then waddled to his room to nap. Making music is exhausting and he just wanted to be cuddled by his blanket.

"You think he's in love?" Jimin asked. "With who?"

"There's only one way to find out." he declared. Then the 6 boys got to the ground and army crawled all the way to the back of the sofa. Out of the corner of his eye, Namjoon caught sight of Jungkook's baby bunny slipper crawling but thought nothing of it because it was his normal behavior. He continued to scroll through the photos MoonJoon had uploaded of him. Y/N, he thought, he should start calling you that now. His cheeks blushed at the thought and he bit his lips to suppress his smile.

The pictures were stunning. He doesn't mean himself. (A/N: though he has literally every right to because he's absolutely stunning) He's talking about the light exposure, the angle, little details of his face that he hadn't noticed before. When he looks at your photos, he started to learn more about himself, and sees himself in a different lense. In your eyes. And in your eyes, he was perfect. But not the demanding kind of perfection, but the rawest form of admiration and appreciation. He was simply himself.

Behind him, 6 ominous shadows rose up with devilish eyes. To their great disappointment, they didn't catch him doing anything scandalous except looking at pictures of himself. "Ugh," Seokjin groaned, causing Namjoon to jump and dropped his phone to the ground. "I wasted my time on this."

"Hyung, you were the one who wanted to do this." Jimin laughed.

"But he was looking at himself, which I should be proud of. I've taught him well." he faked a cry.

"What are you guys talking about?" Namjoon questioned, the boys all jumped on the couch, fitting together like puzzle pieces.

"Jin hyung said you're looking at the person you love, we were all curious." Taehyung answered. Namjoon picked up his phone, wiping the dust off of it. Love, he thought curiously.

"You were looking at MoonJoon's photos, right?" Jungkook asked. When Namjoon nodded, the maknae smirked. "Hyung, you like her, don't you?"

"W-what?" Namjoon stuttered. "I-I mean she's a fan, I like all my fans."

"Yeah, yeah, you like all your other fansites, but the way you smile in her photos is different. It's different from how you smile at us. Sometimes I get jealous." the baby pouted.

"You're ridiculous," Namjoon chuckled. "But I can't get anything past you. I think I like her. I feel comfortable at events when I see her, it's the same feeling when I have you guys by my side. It's kind of like an anchor point."

The six kids quietly listened as their leader talks, his feelings pouring out. They took it all in because Namjoon wasn't the type to be honest about his emotions. "I think that's amazing, hyung." Taehyung gushed. "What's your plan now?"

"Plan?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah, like pursuing her?"

Namjoon chuckled bitterly. Before he got the chance to answer, Seokjin spoke up first. "That's not possible," he stated.

"Because of our contract?" Jungkook puzzled.

"Not only that but the Red String." Seokjin turned to look at the lovesick boy. "Joon," began. This indicated that he was serious. "Don't forget that your 21st birthday is coming soon, and after that, whatever lingering feelings you have needs to go away. For both of your sakes. If you're not serious about her, then don't do anything that might hurt you both."

He didn't mean any harm, Namjoon knew that. But that didn't stop his blood from bubbling with annoyance. Of course he remembers the Red String, how could he forget? It angered him, to have a path chosen for him without his consent. Even idols couldn't get out of it. Normally when news of an idol's match comes out, fans have to be supportive and some beautiful relationships have formed. But that didn't matter to Namjoon, he still hated it, and now, more than ever.

He took another look at his photo, of his smile. Then he stood up and headed for the door. "Where are you going, hyung?"

"I still have to try," he called out before closing the door. Seokjin leaned back on the couch, that's my Namjoon, he smiled