- The Best Part - jabezvill -

————

————

"Babe, you'll be good. I promise," Y/N held Jabez's face in her hands. Tears were forming in his dark eyes. Y/N felt tears of her own flow down her cheeks.

"Why does it gotta to be like this? Why couldn't we just work out," Jabez said in a shaky voice. His gaze went down to the floor because he was unable to look Y/N in the eyes without crying.

Y/N leaned her forehead against her, now, ex-boyfriend's. "Look. We're going to split up and be fine. It's going to be hard, for a long time. But, at the end of it we'll know that it was the best decision for us."

"You're going to grow your career," Y/N lifted Jabez's chin so he would look at her, "You're gonna grow outside of tiktok, you're gonna make your own basketball shoes, make your own brand. You're going to be fine on your own."

Jabez shook his head. His eyes looked heavy and sad, "How am I going to do all of that, when the best part of me was always you."

"Jabez," Y/N's heart ached when she saw that the tears in Jabez's eyes escaped and were now going down his face.

"You'll be okay. I'll be okay. We need this,"
Y/N entangled her fingers in Jabez's curly brown locks.

"If everything works out right for us. Then, we'll make it back to each other. It's just that right now, we're holding each other back."

"You know I'mma always be there for you. No matter what," Jabez lifted up his hands and wiped Y/N's wet cheeks of her tears.

"If you're ever struggling. With anything. I will always be one call away. I put that on everything I love," Jabez told her. Y/N slowly nodded her head, the pain and sorrow took over her face.

"Y/N, I love you. With my whole heart. As a kid I always thought love wasn't as big of a deal as everyone made it. I thought that I could never be a man in a relationship and truly be happy with only one person," Jabez continued with his final goodbye to Y/N, for now. "But you proved me wrong. You became my best friend, lover, my number one supporter, and the person I loved most in this world so quick. And it fucking kills me that we have to do this."

"But, because I love you so damn much," Jabez grabbed Y/N's face. Tears started to block his vision, but even through the tears he could see Y/N's beautiful eyes, "I will let you go. I'll let you grow on your own and I will give you your space."

Y/N sat speechless for a while. She didn't know what to say that would top that. So she told him what she was feeling, "I love you, Jabez."

————
word count : 490