two

"Sometimes, we fall in love with ideas, not people."

Aphrodite Harper.

I woke up with a splitting headache, not remembering anything from the night before.

Well, that's how you know it was a good night.

Beth was sleeping next to me, and I groaned, sitting up.

After a minute, I walked to the guestroom, seeing Georgia and Savannah sleeping peacefully.

Cute.

I took a moment before looking at my hand, feeling an odd sensation like something was missing, to see my ring wasn't on my finger.

Oh.

I pulled out my phone to see what happened last night, and remembered sending a text to Danny telling him we were over and calling him a cheater.

I opened the front door, and sure enough, all his stuff was there, with my ring sitting on top of the pile, and a note scribbled on top, clearly written by a drunk version of me.

Danny,
Fuck you, you piece of shit.
I never wanna see your cheating ass again, and if I do, I'll kill ya, you slimy little weasel boy.
I hope you know you lost the hottest piece of ass in New York, so deal with that, shit head.
I'm gonna cut my hair and wear what I want and do what I want and you can't do a THING about it.
Hope you choke and die on a side walk.
Bye forever, bitch boy.

Laughing to myself, I left the note on the pile and walked back inside.

I started making waffles for the girls, and giggled when I heard a loud groan from Georgia.

Here she goes.

"What happened last night?" She grumbled, walking into the kitchen, and making me shrug.

"I dumped Danny, that's really all I can remember."

"I'm so proud of you!" Georgia exclaimed, hugging me, before taking a moment to sit down.

"How do you feel?" She asked, and I gave her a smile.

"Honestly, I feel fine." I said, thinking about it for a moment. "I'm not sad, I thought I would be, but I'm not."

"That's how you know you made the right call." She said, grabbing two pans from the shelf.

"What are you doing?" I asked, and she smirked mischievously.

"Waking the others up."

Georgia, you menace to society.

•••

After some breakfast, gossiping, and making sure I was actually okay and not lying to them, the girls decided to go home.

While I was cleaning the dishes, I remembered I'd left my car at the beer garden, so I called a taxi.

I came to the realisation that if I was gonna survive the day, and a possible Danny situation, I'd need a strong coffee.

I drove to the nearest Starbucks, putting my sunglasses on before walking in.

It's FAR too bright in here.

Once I got to the counter, I ordered a caramel frappuccino and told the girl my name was Emily, which I do everytime, since it takes too long to write Aphrodite.

Call me a critic.

"I thought your name was Aphrodite?" I heard a deep voice come from behind me, and I turned around to see someone I'd never met before.