four

"I am mine before I am anyone else's."

Aphrodite Harper.

"Do you think this dress is too much?" I asked, walking out in a tight black dress with a slightly daring slit on the side.

"You look incredible. It's not too much. Usually everyone dresses up, so I wouldn't stress about it." Nat smiled, and I nodded.

I left my hair down in its natural waves, and put on some simple makeup, before looking at Nat.

"Wanna borrow a dress? We look like we're the same size?" I offered, and her eyes lit up.

"Are you sure? I have a black and white one back at the tower that I planned on wearing, but I guess it would be fun to wear something of yours." She said happily, and I pulled out a red satin dress that I thought she would look great in.

Nat put in on, doing a spin and checking herself out in the mirror, before smiling happily, and looking over at me

"This is perfect, thankyou."

I grinned at her, and motioned for her to sit down.

"It's all good. I'm gonna touch up your hair and makeup, and then we'll head back."

We chatted over simple things while I put some light makeup on her and make sure her curls were loose before grabbing my car keys, a spare change of clothes for tomorrow, and leaving again.

The drive back went quickly, we talked about how excited we were to get some drinks and have a good night, while we listened to Nat's music.

By the time we got back to the Avengers tower, I felt like Nat and I were great friends, which I think she felt too, by the way she smiled at me when we got out the car.

It made me feel more welcome, and that made me happy.

We walked inside, noticing the party had only just started, since it was 7:45, but there was a surprising amount of people already here for it having just started though.

Nat and I walked through the hallways, trying to find familiar faces, until we saw Maria, Rhodes, Tony and Thor standing around and talking.

I couldn't see Bruce, Clint or Steve though, but I was sure they were around somewhere.

"Wanna help me find Bruce?" Nat asked, and I nodded, taking her hand and leading her through the crowd.

Nat eventually found Bruce, and they two of them engaged in a conversation that quite frankly, I felt like I was third wheeling in, so I excused myself as soon as I saw Steve on the second floor overlooking the crowd underneath.

Once I made it to Steve, I placed a hand on his shoulder, politely involving myself in the conversation he was having with a stranger.

"Sorry to interrupt, I feel like I'm third wheeling Nat and Bruce, so I wanted to escape." I smiled sheepishly, making Steve chuckle.