seven

"She wore her troubled past like scars. She had been through battle and though no one could see her demons, they could see the face that conquered them."

Aphrodite Harper.

My clothes were dirty, ripped and bloody, so I grabbed a spare change of clothes from a compartment in the jet and carried them out.

When I exited the jet, I found myself standing in a beautiful green field, and in front of me stood a two story house.

"What is this place?" I asked Clint as everyone else walked out of the jet.

"This is my place." He answered and everyone exchanged confused looks, except for Nat.

I could tell Nat had been here before, but no one else had.

We followed Clint inside, and a very pregnant woman walked out of the kitchen.

"Guys, this is Laura." Clint said, putting an arm around her shoulders.

"I know all of your names." She smiled, and I smiled back.

"This is an Agent." Tony said under his breath, making me smirk.

What an idiot.

"Oh, incoming!" Clint exclaimed as two sets of feet came running into the room.

"Daddy!" They yelled, and Clint hugged them tightly.

"These are smaller agents." Tony said, motioning to them, and I whacked his arm.

"What?" He whispered, and I whacked him again.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologised to Laura.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead but we were busy having no idea you existed." Tony said, and I tuned out when I heard a small crunch.

I looked at Thor, and he moved the crushed Lego set under the table with his foot.

"Hey Clint, where's your bathroom?" I asked, holding my change of clothes in my hands.

"Down the hall, up the stairs and first door to the left." He said, and I nodded, thanking him.

I followed his instructions and quickly found the bathroom, taking off my tattered clothes, putting them on the sink and scrubbing some dirt off my arms.

I walked back into the main room and noticed Thor wasn't there, so I walked over to Steve.

"Where's Thor?" I asked, but he shrugged.

"He saw something in his vision that troubled him. He said he won't find the answers here."

"Here, let me wash those." Laura offered, gesturing to my clothes, and I smiled at her.

"Oh, are you sure? I don't want to be more of a bother than I already am." I declined politely, but she scoffed.

"Of course, give them to me. You're always welcome here." Laura smiled, holding her hands out.

"Oh thankyou, that's so lovely of you." I said, handing the top and jeans to her.

Nat walked off with Clint and Laura, the kids following them, leaving Tony, Steve and I alone.

"Wanna chop some wood?" Tony asked Steve, and he nodded.

"See you later, Dite." Steve said, and Tony looked between us.

"See you later, Dite." He teased, turning around and walking out.

Steve looked at me, smiling.

"Hey, just so you know Dite, there's another woman in my life. I just want to be good friends with you, best friends even. I'm really sorry if I gave you the wrong impression." He said, putting his hands in his pockets.