thirty seven

"You may not end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you were meant to be."

Aphrodite Harper.

Tony and I watched from above as Stephen was floated in the room while he was unconscious, and was turned to face the floor as dozens of glassy looking needles flew up to his face, making me cringe.

That doesn't look pleasant.

Stephen was woken up, and the alien stared him down.

"In all the time I've served Thanos, I've never failed him." The alien said, and I looked at Tony, pretending to throw up, making him roll his eyes, but lightly chuckle.

"If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the time stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person, there would be judgement." He said, making me scoff.

"This guy is annoying me." I whispered, and Tony nodded.

"We need a plan." He said, and I watched as the painful looking needles came into contact with Stephen's face, causing the impact areas to glow.

"Give me the stone."

"What do we do?" I asked, and before Tony could respond, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and quickly turned around in defence, ready to attack, but it was Stephen's cloak.

"Wow you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" Tony asked it, and I chuckled.

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty." Peter's voice came from behind me, making us spin around, staring at Peter, who dropped from a ledge above us.

"What the-" Tony said, but Peter cut him off.

"I know what you're gonna say."

"You shouldn't be here, Pete." I said, and the cloak floated next to Tony.

"Mum, I was gonna go home-"

"I don't wanna hear it." Tony said, but Peter kept talking.

"Dad it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way-"

"And now I gotta hear it." Tony sighed, and I laughed, watching the cloak as it literally shook it's collar and shrugged at me.

This cloak is a strange being.

I like it though.

"I kinda stuck to the side of the ship." Peter said, looking between Tony and I.

"This suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here." Peter said, and the cloak looked at me, as if it was shocked, thoroughly amusing me.

"What did you just say?" Tony asked, looking at Peter with a dumbfounded expression, making Peter raise his hands in defence.

"Okay, I take that back, and now I'm here in space." He said, looking at me, and I smiled softly at him.

"Yeah." I said, and Tony walked to stand in front of Peter.

"Yeah, right where I don't want you to be." He said, making Peter frown at him.