fourty five

"You're never going to be one hundred percent ready, but that's the point. You just need to do it."

Aphrodite Stark.

"Can we go get icecream tonight?" Alex asked, and I looked at Tony, then looked at him, laughing as I ate some corn.

"Alex, baby, it's cold outside." I said, and Daisy pouted.

"It was my idea mummy." She said, and he stuck his tongue out at me, making me stick mine out right back.

"I think icecream would be fun." Tony said, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I love having three kids." I said, taking a sip of my water as Tony laughed.

"Fine, but here's the deal. We aren't going to out and getting icecream, we'll get a tub and watch the Incredibles." I said, making Daisy squeal with delight and Alex triumphantly smirk.

As the days go by, Alexander resembles Tony even more.

Tony ran out to the store to grab rainbow icecream, which I knew was for the kids.

They love that stuff, even if it is just caramel flavour with pretty colours on top.

I'd never break their hearts by telling them that though.

Tony returned with two tubs, one rainbow, one plain vanilla for Tony and I to mix random stuff in.

Rocky and Princess joined us as we settled on the couch as I put the kids favourite movie on.

Daisy sat on the floor, leaning on Rocky, and Princess settled on the couch next to Alex, cuddling into eachother.

What a beautiful sight.

Tony and I began to relax, munching happily on icecream with Brandy drizzled into it.

Heh, Brandy.

"Hey, did I ever tell you about my prison friend?" I whispered at Tony to avoid disturbing the kids, and he shook his head.

"No, what happened?" He asked, and I withheld a giggle.

"Her name was Brandy. She was an arsonist." I whispered, and Tony laughed, quickly covering his hand with his mouth to hide it from the kids.

"That's so funny." He replied, and I giggled, nodding.

"I know."

•••

Alex and Daisy were watching Adventure Time in the living room, cuddling into Rocky and Princess on the floor while Tony and I were in the kitchen, washing dishes.

Some ways through the movie, both of us began thinking about what Scott told us, wondering if it could actually be pulled off.

I handed him a wet dish, and he grabbed a cloth, drying it off.

"We can't try, right? We have too much here to risk." Tony said, and I shrugged, picking up a photo frame from behind a glass, handing it to Tony, as I took the dishes out of his hand.

It was a photo of Tony and Peter, and Peter was holding his Stark Internship certificate.

It was a nice photo.

Tony looked solemnly at it, and then looked up at me.

"Go downstairs. I'll put the kids to bed." I said, and he nodded, kissing my forehead and retreating to the workspace he created, but never uses.

"Alright babies, let's get you to bed." I clapped my hands, and they groaned as Rocky and Princess got up, retreating to their beds, knowing it's bed time for then too.