thirty eight

"We meet the people we're supposed to meet, when the time is just right."

Aphrodite Harper.

Stephen, Tony and I watched as we slowly approached Titan, and Peter, who had just been taking a nap on the floor, woke up and walked up to us.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked, and Stephen turned to look at him.

"I think we're here."

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function." Tony said, then quickly looked at me, seeming slightly panicked.

"Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

"Yep, got it." I said, doing what he said, as Stephen motioned for Peter to step back, which he did.

"This was meant for one big guy." Tony said, making me chuckle.

"We need to move at the exact same time, Tones." I said, and looked at our surroundings as the ship's pace began picking up.

"Okay. Okay. Ready." I said warningly, and the ship started heading towards a large stalagmite.

It looked extremely sturdy.

"We might wanna turn." I said to Tony, who gave me a worried look.

"Okay! Turn! Turn! Turn!" He shouted, and we turned the ship, but a bit too late, as the ship lost a good chunk of the hull in the collision with the stalagmite.

We both pressed our buttons, armouring up as we tried to steer the ship down safely.

I heard Peter throw up, making my stomach churn.

I'm sorry, Pete.

Stephen stepped between us, and cast what appeared to be a large shield, protecting us from a predicted, rough landing.

"Peter hold on to something!" I shouted, and the ship began decimating dirt patches as it landed, and gradually stopped, tilting to one side.

The screen read TITAN.

"We're here." I said, walking over to Peter to make sure he was okay as Stephen helped Tony get up.

Everyone was breathing heavily, coming down from the large adrenaline rush we were just given, and Tony de-helmeted, looking at Stephen.

Peter quickly darted out the room, I assumed to throw up, so I walked over the Stephen and Tony.

"You alright honey?" Tony asked me, and I nodded.

"Are you?"

He nodded, smiling slightly at me, before turning to Stephen.

"That was close. I owe you one."

Before Stephen could respond, Peter descended upsidedown from the ceiling using his web, making me chuckle.

He looked just like a spider.

"Let me just say," Peter began, looking at all of us sincerely.