fourty one

"I'll reach my hands out in the dark and wait for yours to interlock. I'll wait for you."

Aphrodite Harper.

I watched as the Guardians floated around due to the unstable planet's surface behind disrupted by Thanos literally throwing a fucking moon at us.

Debris hadn't stopped flying around, but I managed to get Tony out while Peter rounded up our unconscious counterparts.

Peter was freaking the fuck out, and I could tell by how he was hyperventilating over the comms.

Tony and I ran from Thanos, and I watched as Peter webbed up Mantis.

"I got you! I got you!" He exclaimed,and quickly webbed up Drax, dragging him and Mantis together as he leapt for Quill.

"I'm sorry I can't remember anybody's names!" He shouted as he reeled in Quill, making me smile softly.

Even in his panic, he's so polite.

I grabbed the sides of Tony's helmet, making sure he was responsive.

"Tones, hey, baby? You there?" I asked, and he dehelmeted, looking at me with a smile.

"We just got hit with a moon."

"I know." I said, laughing as I dragged Tony to his feet.

"I'm okay." He shrugged, and I turned to see Stephen battling Thanos.

He managed to get a few good hits on Thanos, but the Titan used the power stone to send Stephen flying backwards, but the cloak prevented him from landing harshly.

Thanos tried to land another powerful blow, but Stephen blocked it by forming a strange looking glass wall, sending it flying towards Thanos.

It completely shattered around him, but it looked like the Titan created a small black hole with the space stone, and sent it flying at Stephen.

Stephen summoned a shield, and transformed the dark energy of the black hole, into a large swarm of butterflies, making me laugh.

They're so beautiful.

The aqua coloured butterflies began flying back to Thanos, who looked at Stephen with an annoyed expression.

Stephen quickly levitated, forming several arms as I watched in awe.

He summoned several replicas of himself, and they all began floating around Thanos, glaring at him with matching hateful expressions.

They all cast magical cords, which immediately wrapped around Thanos, attaching to his hands, legs, arms and torso, holding him completely in place as the Titan struggled to close his fist.

Before Stephen could stop him, Thanos managed to use the soul and power stone to make the clones disintegrate, leaving the real Stephen floating alone.

Thanos grabbed Stephen by the throat, giving him an annoyed look.

"You're full of tricks, wizard." He said, and I nudged Tony, gesturing towards them.