twenty five

"She found the colours to paint him when the world had left him grey."

Aphrodite Harper.

The flight back was almost silent, since Tony and I spent the majority of it sleeping everything off.

He was exhausted, both mentally, and emotionally.

I hoped being home would help him.

Once we landed, Tony and I walked to the Avengers facility, knowing no one was there except Rhodey, who came in and out to check up on things between his rehabilitation.

Tony took my hand in his, lightly squeezing it as we locked eyes, standing outside the door.

"Are you ready?" I asked him, and he nodded.

I pushed the door open, and we walked through to find Peter Parker eyeing off the vending machine.

"Hey, kid." I said, and he jumped, turning around to look at me.

"What happened to you guys?!" He exclaimed, running over to us with worry etched into his features.

I guess Tony looked pretty beaten up.

"I'll explain later. I'm going to get Tony cleaned up, and then we can talk." I said, and Peter nodded, looking concerned.

"Here's five bucks for the vending machine. I'd get the skittles if I were you." I said, and Peter grinned, jumping back over to it while I put Tony's arm around my shoulders and took him upstairs.

I sat him down on a bed, kneeling infront of him.

"Hey, hun." Tony whispered, leaning his forehead on mine, closing his eyes.

I placed my hands on the back of his neck, sighing.

"Hey sweetheart. I'm gonna get you cleaned up, okay?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Can you lift your arms for me?" I asked softly, and Tony nodded, grunting a little as he moved his arms over his head.

I quickly but carefully took his shirt off, trying to make sure he could put his arms down as quickly as possible.

Once I got his shirt off, I sighed in relief to see no heavy bruising.

The suit does wonders protecting his body in battle.

I lightly kissed his shoulder, and he hummed in response.

"Can you lift your hips for me?" I asked, and without saying anything, Tony complied, and I slipped his pants off, leaving him in his underwear.

Tony's legs weren't bruised, and I drew the conclusion that he wasn't injured at all.

He was just sore, and upset.

"Come on baby, let's get you in the shower okay?" I said softly, and he stood up, taking his hand in mine and walking to the bathroom.

I turned the shower on, making sure it wasn't too hot, and I turned around to see Tony naked.

"Hey hot stuff, wanna get in the shower for me?" I asked softly, and he smiled at me, stepping in.

I turned around to walk out, but Tony grabbed my forearm, making me jump slightly.

"Could you stay?" Tony asked, and I smiled sadly.

He didn't want to be alone.

"Of course." I said, and he opened the shower door for me, wanting me to come in.

I slipped my jacket off, and he watched me.

Tony wasn't watching me with intent, though. I knew he didn't care if I was dressed or not.