fourty four

"Sometimes home is just another person."

Five Years Later.

Aphrodite Stark.

Tony and I left that day.

It was the same day that I found out Savannah, Georgia and Beth didn't survive the snap.

Tones bought us a large cabin a ways out of New York, away from everyone and everything.

People's lives had been hurt by the snap, and Tony and I were devastated to have lost Peter, but we still had eachother.

Tony wanted to get out of fighting, the battles had taken a toll on him and all he wanted was to settle down with me and start a family once we recovered from losing Peter.

The only things we took that tied us to our old lives were Rocky, Princess and the fish tank.

The dogs loved the open forest.

We had been in our new place for a while now, and to be honest, I'd lost track of the days.

Our wedding was beautiful, though. It was small, and intimate.

The snap changed our perspective on everything, and we ended up having a tiny wedding on the beach.

The only people there were Happy and Rhodey, and that was good enough for me.

I didn't want anything else.

Rhodey told us that he still communicated to a lot of the other Avengers, and they were doing small things to help the world recover.

He also told us Clint and his family didn't make it through the snap.

It was shocking news, but I continued to live my life, taking care of the dogs, the fish and the turtles as well as spend all of my time with Tony.

We became a comfortable married couple, that spent the days together, cooking, cuddling, or dancing the hours away until the sun set on the shore.

I was as happy as I could be, without Peter.

It made life easier when I found out we were pregnant, though.

I gave birth to our son nine months later, and Alexander Peter Stark had been a perfect child since.

Once Alex turned two, I gave birth to Daisy Beth Stark.

The dogs took an immediate liking to the babies, and our family grew larger.

I was making lunch for our family, and Tony came up behind me, hugging my waist and kissing the fabric on my shoulder.

"Hey, honey."

"Hi, sweetheart." I said, putting some chicken on the pan, leaning my head back on his shoulder while he kissed my cheek.

"Lunch is almost ready. Can you go get the kids?" I asked, and Tony nodded, kissing my forehead and walking out the front door.

I heard Tony clapping, and I smiled.

"Chow time!" He yelled, making me giggle.

The kids would keep hiding from him unless they knew food was involved.

I sung some happy song while I plated up some lunch, smiling to myself when I heard Tony and the kids approaching the door, before his footsteps came to a halt.

"Uh, come out here honey!" Tony called, and I walked outside to see Steve, Nat and Scott getting out of a car.

"Hey Alex, can you take Daisy inside and eat your lunch? Daddy and I will be inside in a minute." I said, and he nodded, taking his sister's hand and they ran inside together.