epilogue

"Appreciate this moment. Stop and look around you. Be thankful. Be happy for all you have."

Aphrodite Stark.

I sat on the couch next Tony, our kids sitting on our laps, as a holographic Natasha sat in front of me.

"I don't know the first thing about how to pull off this holographic recording, so I asked Tony to record this for me, in case of an untimely death, on my part." Nat said, and Tony placed his hand on my leg, squeezing gently.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always go that way. Maybe this time, though. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored." Nat said, making my heart lurch for her.

I miss her.

"If there ever was such a thing. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play, but anyway, I'm rambling." She laughed, and I sighed, watching her so full of hope.

"This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end." She continued, and I smiled at how wise she was.

She was always an amazing person.

"I've spent my whole life trying to get where I am now, and the last five years brainstorming about how to bring everybody back. Now that you're playing this, I know we did it, and I know I didn't make it, but that's okay. I did what I wanted to do." Nat smiled, and then looked up, I assume, looking at Tony.

Then the hologram ended, and Tony kissed the side of my head as a tear slipped down my cheek.

We walked outside, and Clint carried a wreath, placing it on the lake as everyone stood in their places, paying silent respects.

Clint and his family stood on the dock, having been the closest to her.

Bruce and Steve stood behind the Barton family, looking worse for wear.

Tony, Peter, Alex, Daisy and I stood behind them, and Tony held me while I hugged him around the waist, watching the wreath float away.

Peter was crouching down, and both Alex and Daisy were hugging him, not really knowing what was going on.

They'd taken such a liking to their older brother.

Sam, Bucky and Wanda stood behind us, supporting eachother, and behind them was Stephen and Wong.

Rhodey and Happy stood together, with Quill, Nebula, Rocket, Groot, Drax and Mantis standing under the trees.

T'Challa, Okoye and Shuri showed up to pay their respects, as did Scott and Hope, as well as Hope's parents, Hank and Janet.

Even Ross and Maria Hill came.

Lastly, standing on the porch, was Nick Fury.

•••

Everyone pretty much went their separate ways after that, except for Tony, Peter, Steve, Bucky, Bruce and I, since Bruce made a promise to someone called the Ancient One, to return the stones.