08/09/2019

The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'

- James Naismith

DEAR ANABEL,

DEAR ANABEL,

I saw him today...

He was breathtaking.

Literally

"Yo JT you gonna bounce that ball or what?!"Kaleb yelled

"Hold up doofus,my sweater got in the way!"I clipped the basketball in between my legs and rolled my oversized sweaters up.I like wearing big sweaters not just because they're all comfy and cuddly but because when the sleeves are too long I get to flop them around and smack people.

People like Kaleb!

"Ha!"I smacked his face as he was about to steal the ball from my legs,dribble the ball past him opting for an euro-step then jump so high mount everest would be jealous and shoot.My futile attempts fail as his power forward on defense leaps and blocks my shoot clasping the Spalding ball in his hand.

"F**k" Chase my own power forward cursed and trudged to switch positions with me.It's difficult playing football with just four people on the court especially when you're playing PG,SF,SG and C like dang you wanna kill me?!

"Better luck next time JT" Kaleb said looking nothing but remorseful with that stuck up smirk on his perfect white boy face.

Caleb with a K is my boyfriend.

Although with space in between it.There was a time in 9th grade i would have killed to erase that space but I found out it's not as easy as clicking the erase button on my keyboard or creating ship names for us.

Jaleb will never happen especially when he whispered in my ear that he thinks he likes Mae Lee on his rooftop,July 16th 2017,red cups in our palms,my star wars blanket over us and the starry sky above us.I thought we were having a moment and when a tear slipped and I blurted I love you he laughed and said I love you too and when I said 'no,i really love you" he laughed and said "That's enough drinking JT.You reek of spiked punch"

Then he lost his v-card to her months later

But its not like a memory of 26 months ago still breaks my heart. I mean,who's counting?Pff

"Shut your mouth pretty boy" I replied crouching down and did the lace of my Air Jordan 3 identical to the one MJ wore in the 1988 dunk championship.

The captain of our team laughed and ran his hand through his golden hair his blue eyes twinkling.The German Adonis has girls at school practically falling at his feet and always talking about him,half of me guesses he's the reason they turn up for school games,him and the rest guys because my friends look like Calvin Klein models