12/09/2019

Dedicated to @spiceyandcute for being so funny

But black girls only want your money 'cause they're dumb chicks
So I'ma say like this
Don't date a black girl, take it as a diss

-Eminem,Foolish Pride

A/N:He apologised but this song crushed my heart

It all started in 6th grade.That is when i think back,the ginger haired freckle faced girl was introduced to the class,her name that of an allotrope of Carbon.I was eleven then staring wide eyed at her with my only friend beside me,who couldn't speak English.

I chose her as my gym and art partner and sat with her during lunch period.She would say little and I thought she was very quiet till I got closer and wished she would just shut up sometimes.

Back then I hated art,mainly because I was as talented as a stone with googly eyes while she wasn't, Diamond could paint the Mona Lisa and replace it and you wouldn't even know.We were on the math decathlon then and art was that subject you use to top up your average so it could be an 80% mine was 78.56% and D was 78.60%.It was easy,get a could score on art to top up your grade and you won't be kicked out of the decathlon.

Her parents who were rarely around were coming that day,she wanted to be on that stage to show them,to make them proud.I wanted to be there because numbers was all I had ever known

She asked me for an idea and i told her to paint my favourite thing while I painted hers.

So we set out sketching on the large canvas she would glance at me with a big smile on her face and I grinned back with sad eyes,her sketch was slowly making shape mine wasn't and I resorted to my fate.When the art teacher came to inspect it she quickly switched our positions and made it look like mine.

Till date that large sketch of a girl with an identical face with me in basketball jersey and cornrows holding a ball mid swing adorns the school's gym as the best youngest art of Erakab High.My name scribbled under.

I took all the glory but I promised myself I would still draw her favourite thing.

"Again!"

I took off throwing my legs in front of each other making sure I push off plummeting the other with the force,the wind whips around me as I aim to throwoff my opponent,Lyold a freshman who was here for tryouts.I remember when I went for tryouts,we would have to run with one of the five and if you were able to not fall while they zigzagged in front of you you would be taken to stage two.

Earlier the team used to have five girls but as the months went by they dropped out opting for swimming,volleyball,cheer leading and soccer.

I love soccer but I've always felt closer to basketball maybe it was because I viewed it as a black man's sport,we the blacks dominated that region,it was ours,no white racist could stop us from playing it.The NBA was full of us not be to be racist or anything but as a colored person living in america you're reminded you're not white.

When we were younger and began to feel the white favouritism like mom considered moving us to Atlanta Georgia were black folks prevailed but De Funiak is home,its were my memories are.

Where my friends are.

I dashed in front of him bouncing the basketball between my legs he tried to grab it,I then threw it above,crossed him then grabbed it in the air.I honestly didn't see this was fair considering he looks like a munchkin but Coach Odom believes the best could be the best whenever.The boy,Lincoln slipped on the grass plummeting face first after missing the catch.