《t w e l v e》

[ HEART TO HEART ]

➽───────────────❥

"Dad rest please, I will come in a few minutes."

Yuna kissed her father's forehead, he just nodded and closed his eyes while making himself comfortable on his bed, well their bed as the two slept together because Yuna said so.

She grabbed her house keys, shoving them in her jacket's pocket as she quickly wore her sneakers and went out. She was going to grab something to eat for dinner and get medicines.

It was near 8 pm and the sky was pitch black, the cold breeze made her zip her jacket. The silence caused the doctors words echo in her mind.

Her dad had a heart disease. The doctors told her that his condition might worsen at this rate and it worried her to no end, her mind always went into a frenzy when she thought about what would happen in the future. She was doing part time jobs just to pay the hospital bills and help her dad.

Without realising she reached the convience store and bumped into the door before wipping her nose in embarrasment. She heard a chuckle and turned around to see who laughed at her misery but found no one. "Weird." She went inside acting as if she hadn't just face planted at the door.

The bell of the door rang softly and she gave the cashier a kind smile before going towards the ramen section. Her father had already eaten the left over hot pot from before, so only she had to eat. She grabbed the first packet that came in her line of sight and went towards the medicine section.

Seeing the shelves filled with different tablets and drugs made her stomach quench, her shaky hand grabbed the box she needed and she quickly walked away from the section, seeing all those medicines caused fear to rush through her.

Walking towards the cashier, she passed by a fridge of ice cream. She stopped for a brief moment and stared at it, she didn't have enough money to buy it at the moment. She pursed her lips and ignored the snack. Yuna payed for everything and went out.

She mindlessly walked on the pavement, she didn't want to go home just yet, it was stuffy and too gloomy for her. She kicked a pebble and blew the poor stray hair that fell on her face in annoyance, the ice cream still in her mind.

Suddenly she felt something cold touch the side of her face and she let out a scream, jumping to the side.

Renjun was standing there holding an ice cream towards her with a bored look.

"Oh my god you scared the living daylights outta me!" Yuna smacked him on his shoulder before calming down, Renjun only discreetly smiled at her. He gave her the ice cream and started opening his own.

"Thanks! How did you know I wanted one?" Yuna grinned as she shamelessly accepted the cold desert. "Saw you drooling over it like a dog."

"You could have worded it a little better."

Renjun shrugged and the two went to sit at a bench placed in front of a store. There were less people around as the night was on the colder side. Yuna let out satisfied laughs while eating her ice cream, Renjun stared at her happy face.

He felt that he did the right thing, he saw her and felt that she was unhappy. It made him feel he accompished something big seeing her happy and he didn't ignore it this time.

"Why were you at the medicine section?" He asked her and saw the visible change in her joyful expression, but she smiled at him. A fake smile Renjun noted in his mind.

"My Dad is um sick so I had to buy the medicines for him and yeah." She told him while avoiding his eyes, she didn't want to see her sadness. "You are hiding something." Renjun pointed out as he took the last bite of his ice cream cone.

"Why are you so suddenly being nice?it's weird."

"You're dodging questions."

Yuna let out a dry chuckle and leaned her back at the bench, "Dad has a heart disease and it's not quite healing well." Renjun's eyes widened, he never imagined that the bubbly and always happy Yuna was going through something much difficult.

He saw the utter fear and anxiety on her face, he felt his heart feel melancholy by her voice tone. His eyes travelled to her hand that rested on the wood. Should I? He asked himself.Without thinking any more, Renjun made a bold move that surprised him too.

He held her hand.

Nothing had every felt this right to both of them, it was as if they were a puzzle piece finally placed together, a simple gesture made them complete.

Renjun didn't know but his action made Yuna feel alot better than before, she laughed loudly and he liked her laugh.

"What did I do to have Huang Renjun hold my hand?"

"You looked like you were going to cr-"

"Thank you." She inturrepted him, her gaze soft as she let herself get lost in his eyes. Renjun felt his words stuck in his throat, he wanted to remove his hand but he didn't and most importantly, he couldn't.

➽───────────────❥

he finally did something!