《s i x t e e n》

[ WARM HUGS ]

➽───────────────❥

               Yuna woke up from her slumber, her eyes adjusting to the light. She looked around to see that she was in a room, turning her head to the side she saw some medicines and bandages placed on the side table.

She tried to sit up only to fall back on her bed, exhaustion took over her body. She used her elbows as a  support to sit up, the room was small yet cosy, she wondered what the others were doing.

Her attention turned to the door that was opened by a famaliar boy, Chenle smiled at the elder, "How are you feeling?" He asked as he made his way towards the side table and started pouring water into the glass. "Much better than before, did you treat me?" She asked the younger.

"Yep! I'm kind of a doctor here, oh by the way I'm Chenle. Nice to finally meet you noona." The boy introduced himself cheerfully, something about his aura made her happy too. It was as if he was spewing rainbows and flowers. "Nice to meet you to Chenle! and thank you for treating me." Yuna grinned.

"Here." He gave her a painkiller which she gladly took, her headache was still there. "If you rest for a bit more you will feel completely fine again!" Chenle told her, Yuna smiled in return, placing the glass back on the table.

"I gotta go Jeno hyung wanted my help with something. Bye bye " he waved his hand making Yuna giggle and wave him goodbye too, soon she was left alone in the room. "He was so cute." She mumble to herself.

She then leaned her back on the pillow placed behind her, her mind drifting to the earlier event, she could feel goosebumps on her skin when she remembered Hyunjin's face. Dad would be worried sick. I can't even call him right now hyunjin destroyed my phone. She ruffled her hair and bit her lower lip, what excuse should I make?

If dad gets to know the truth he might get ill she worriedly thought up various excuses but settled with none. She was afraid her father's heart disease would act up again and the last time it happened, she considered it the worst day of her life. Her train of thoughts was interrupted by muffled voices from outside, it seemed as if they were standing right behind the door, Yuna couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"I swear to god hyuc-" Renjun whispered angrily while trying to push Haechan away, "Go talk to her idiot." Haechan whispered again trying to push the boy towards the room. "She is not awake stop pushing me."

"She is awake Hyung." Chenle backed Haechan up by helping get their reluctant friend go inside the room. "You fucking-" Before Renjun could finish his insult, Haechan opened the door while Chenle pushed him inside the room, "Have fun!" Haechan grinned before closing the door preventing Renjun from running away.

Renjun awkwardly stood up straight, oppsite to her bed, looking everywhere but her face. Yuna stared at him with an amused expression, she was suppressing her laugh as she saw him clear his throat.

"So um how are y-you?" Renjun cursed himself internally for stuttering, it was first time in a while he felt this vulnerable. Yuna couldn't hold it anymore and burst into laughter. "Pffft you face!" She doubled over, small tears lined her eyes due laughing so much.

"Stop laughing!" Renjun said and ruffled his hair, seeing her happy face after the incident made him feel relieved. His eyes soften at her smile.

"Thank you for saving me." She finally quiet down and stared at her hands that rested on her lap. Renjun was still standing there not sure whether to sit on the bed or not.

"I thought you wouldn't come because you kinda hate me and-" Yuna stopped for a moment, "A-And I was so terrified, H-Hyunjin really was uh I thought h-he was nice and that basement and I-" She shuddered at the memory, closing her eyes shut the scene of Hyunjin with a knife played in her mind again and again.

She felt her breath uneven again, she felt that she was sitting at that seat again, her hands tied, tear started streaming down her cheeks, she shuddered at the fresh memory.

Renjun's eyes widened seeing her panic. He quickly rushed towards her, sitting on the bed he instinctively hugged her tightly.

Yuna burried her face in his shoulder, holding his shirt as if her life depended on it. She sobbed quietly repeating the same words, "I was so scared." Renjun rubbed circles on her back whispering comforting words in her ear, "Shh it's okay now, you are safe now."

His heart ached seeing her breakdown, he blamed himself even more. He continued to comfort her not caring that his shirt slightly got wet by her tears.

Yuna calmed down after a while and realised she is hugging him, she quickly released the hug but he didn't let her go making her stop. Her cheeks felt hot, her stomach did a backflip. She was internally panicking about him hugging her.

They stayed in that position for a while before Renjun finally broke the silence. His words made her feel warm on the inside.

"I don't hate you Yuna."

➽───────────────❥